PDA

View Full Version : DIvision 1 Tournament System

Zachman
06-27-2013, 09:55 PM
Something that has been annoying me for a while is the division 1 tournament system on the US server. I believe that it should be split up into 2 different tournaments, a platinum division for those above 33 stars and a gold division for those under 32 stars.

The reason for this is because the same players make it to the finals everyday, while it is hard for players who have lower stars in division 1 to make it past the 2nd round.

I believe that this will benefit all the division 1 players because the higher starred players can team up with those their own skill level and those at my star level( 25-32) do not have to worry about being overpowered by the other teams that are filled with 35+ star players

And do not tell me stars do not matter, because they do. Thats why you never see someone with 41 stars teamed up with a 20-30 star player

tikulti
06-27-2013, 10:26 PM
It would not work, everyone with rating over 32/33 who is not cabable to win div1 would drop thier rating to be able play in gold division. I would do it for sure....than even winners of platinium division would get bored and drop their rating too or most likely use their alts to play and win gold division.

Zachman
06-27-2013, 10:55 PM
Then what suggestion would you come up with to solve this problem? I am tired of versing players that have 41 stars. The only other thing I would say would work is random tournament.

Gladjoltx2
06-28-2013, 04:01 AM
A tournament is meant to show which team is the best. Hence there are only 1 winner at the end.
What would be the point of it if everyone was a winner?

Go regular PvP if you want to win games.
Division 1 tournament are already too few players, not to talk about div2 or even div3 that doesn't exist anymore.

edit: also there is already a way to play in random groups. Just press P anytime!

B3AST
06-28-2013, 07:43 AM
Shouldnt be so hard to win a tournament on US server. Since server is pretty dead and I dont think best teams play tournaments every day.

DiskoSvir94
06-28-2013, 11:27 AM
A tournament is meant to show which team is the best. Hence there are only 1 winner at the end.
What would be the point of it if everyone was a winner?

Go regular PvP if you want to win games.

+

Zachman
06-28-2013, 08:35 PM
What would be the point of it if everyone was a winner? Well, its easy for players like you to win a tournament. When you are on the US server, you usually have the same members on your team and win it everytime. So ofc its easy for you to get a tournament win.

And B3AST, it is hard to win a tournament on the US server, because that is when the most people are on. The same players, same teams always win.

If they incorporated the random tournament, then it would be a lot better. Also, people go by star rating on the US server, meaning that players like me who have 28-30 stars will never get past the first round, unless it is autowin.

dinut
06-28-2013, 11:35 PM
Man you have only 30 star rating because that is your skill, you're not good enough to have more. You can say you play only classes, but again, I use classes on some alts too, and I have more than 35 on each, so is not an excuse.
Usually good players gather each other all the time, and is normal, all want to win.

I must admit that would be nice to have a random tournament once per week, or at least 1-2 times per month.

Zachman
06-30-2013, 12:29 AM
Just because I have 30 stars does not mean I am a bad player. I can get up to over 15 kills per match, but when I do, I lose stars. Random Tournament is the best solution, but at least more than once or twice a month or week.

Gladjoltx2
06-30-2013, 02:12 AM
I still don't understand. If you want random teams you can just go regular PvP instead of tournament.

OGNightHawk
06-30-2013, 05:43 AM
I still don't understand. If you want random teams you can just go regular PvP instead of tournament.

Regular PvP does not award you coins. What is so hard to understand?

DiskoSvir94
06-30-2013, 02:51 PM
Regular PvP does not award you coins. What is so hard to understand?

But still, tournament is here to show the best of the best, not give away coins for everyone that need it.

OGNightHawk
07-01-2013, 05:51 AM
But still, tournament is here to show the best of the best, not give away coins for everyone that need it.
That is true, however if they would clean up the servers and get rid of the trash, the game would hold a decent population and they could have enough people to populate a platinum division for the pros, thus giving those newly entering div one a chance to win a few rather than the top awards in div one going to the same 8 or so people every single day. The thing is, people dont become pros over night and the ones winning div 1 have had near 5 years of working together to hone their teamwork. I mean its pretty bad when you spectate a tourney and div 1 is populated by 20 or so people who are simply farming coins and passing off wins to the powerhouse of the day. What is the fun of getting in a team where 3 of the players afk or move just enough not to get booted because their friends are in the tourney that day and they want to give their friends the win.

Like I said, clean up the trash and maybe we can hold onto a population that could allow for div 1 to be spread into a pro/semi pro tier.

Zachman
07-01-2013, 03:48 PM
I could careless about the coins. I just want to complete the mission. If I was OCD, it would have kicked in from seeing the Climb the Ladder mission 3/3 in my mission list. Thats why I have only used Valvrave, my lvl 50, in a division 1 tournament only once in the last year. Because it is impossible. Plus the mission was added right after I hit lvl 50, meaning I could not complete it at a lower lvl.

I like getting the coins my own way, which is farming with a team that has players under 30 stars.

Zachman
07-01-2013, 03:52 PM
I wish they would change the mission (Climb the Ladder 3/3), because unless you win div 3 or ask the nice people in div 2 (Yukine) to help, you will never get a win in division 1 win unless you are great friends with the powerhouses in Pride, Allstar, or Hall of Fame.

That is why I started this post. Not because of coins.

cycon
07-03-2013, 06:44 AM
Something that has been annoying me for a while is the division 1 tournament system on the US server. I believe that it should be split up into 2 different tournaments, a platinum division for those above 33 stars and a gold division for those under 32 stars.

The reason for this is because the same players make it to the finals everyday, while it is hard for players who have lower stars in division 1 to make it past the 2nd round.

I believe that this will benefit all the division 1 players because the higher starred players can team up with those their own skill level and those at my star level( 25-32) do not have to worry about being overpowered by the other teams that are filled with 35+ star players

And do not tell me stars do not matter, because they do. Thats why you never see someone with 41 stars teamed up with a 20-30 star player

i totally agree
plus they can add some new tourna reward for gold (tourna div 1),for example less silver coins then platium tourna,but little bit more then div 2

Gladjoltx2
07-04-2013, 03:25 AM
I wish they would change the mission (Climb the Ladder 3/3), because unless you win div 3 or ask the nice people in div 2 (Yukine) to help, you will never get a win in division 1 win unless you are great friends with the powerhouses in Pride, Allstar, or Hall of Fame.

That is why I started this post. Not because of coins.

So just because you can't gather a tournament team to win div1 for a misson, you want the whole game changed for you to manage to do that?

wow

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14820327/emoticon/nononono.gif

/thread

XiaoJyunka
07-04-2013, 09:12 AM
what i believe OP wants is to add a second branch of div1, where everyone who is better than him plays, and he gets to register for a branch where theres nobody except his team of the worst players on the server, so he can win

just lol....if you cant win a DAILY tournament on litteraly dead server, thats just sad, and yes stars do mean something, while high stars dont mean a player is great, very low ammounts of stars clearly indicate a player is terrible, but then again, every player i see who has 30 or less stars in general ACTUALY tries so hard to boost their stars, while being terrible, and usualy runs around with stupid setups and has zero gamesense whatsoever, ofcourse I am not surprised a person like that comes up with this kind of thread, hey on EU where playerbase is a bit higher, theres more of these i meet on daily basis, who want to be invited for tournament and omnce rejected, get all aggresive how they are amazing, and how their stars dont matter (when in reality, people dont look at just stars when they inspect someone), of course whether you try to help them out or not, they will come up with oh so original insults and the typical: ˝want 1v1? u scared˝

Zachman
07-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Sorry but not everyone can start a game and be good right from the beginning.

B3AST
07-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Sorry but not everyone can start a game and be good right from the beginning.

Means you dont need rush straight to div1. Play div2 with alts for some time. Get expierence, find friends and go div1 when you think you are ready for it.

Zachman
07-04-2013, 06:57 PM
I am sure some of the pro players would like a division where they can earn more coins

B3AST
07-04-2013, 07:20 PM
I am sure some of the pro players would like a division where they can earn more coins

You are right, if there was another div which one had better prizes( in this case more coins), I would probably play there :P

Zachman
07-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Also, they would not have to waste their boost or time against weaker teams.

B3AST
07-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Prob it would be fine but if you think better cc population is way too low for 4 divisions, if we had for exmaple div1 with 1/64 (which is hmm...impossible) at least maybe then this would work out, but now I guess its not really needed. imo

XiaoJyunka
07-04-2013, 09:04 PM
in that case nothing would change, the noobs will still go higher division cause they are just there for coins

Zachman
08-20-2013, 04:37 PM
Lol, I solved this problem of mine. I deleted the lvl 50 character and quit playing.

BLJESAK
09-23-2013, 10:59 PM
I do this tournament system is not realistic and I'm a good player got the star og 35-40 and I still osvoio tournament. always the same winning on us and eu server division first Shall we chance that we osvoit division 1.promjenite something in these tournaments can imagine these players starred 25-30 will osvoit Division 1 as long as they live.

Vyto
10-30-2013, 04:16 PM
I was upset for a long time in regards to the same teams winning the tournaments over and over again. I however refused to stack my team and find good players to practice team tactics with. Now I no longer see any reason to change the way things are. The reality is that the best teams win tournaments which is as it should be. For good players interested in winning tournaments you need to find a good team and learn how to play well together.

The biggest issue at the moment for most good players and tournaments is the gear differences between the top players and those not quite there. My main runs with two primary custom classes. One using the boss set and the second with the level 50 blue regen set. Even if I never win a div 1 tourney I can still buy the same silver coin clothes as anyone else which levels the playing field. However I have never been able to make weekly tournies which has unfortunately kept me from buying the gear available to those who can. Now of course we are also running into a lot of lottery sets in the best teams which skews the matches even further for the majority of us.

In the end my point is simply that for the most part (lotto gear now) aside the best teams win tournaments which is as it should be. Giving the best teams a different (platinum and no doubt better) coin type would really only give them more of a head up against everyone not competing in that tournament. That's not a good idea. In the end if everyone earned the same coins for tournaments then we would all be afforded the same buying options with the only difference being the amount of time required to buy items.

In the end the biggest issue is simply frustration. Frustration by those not winning seeing the same people continually winning tournies. Asking for another division so the not best can win is not a viable answer. We don't need to give 20th place ribbons. This is competitive gaming.

The biggest difference between those at the top and everyone else is game knowledge and experience. Follow that with gear and setups (again knowledge). At this point it's time to realize that those not winning need to make some important changes. Pick a good team. Learn to play with your team outside of tournaments. Figure out what it takes to win matches and how that affects gameplay decisions. Watch the best teams and realize what they are doing different as I guarantee you they are doing things differently. You may have to watch close it's not all easily visible. Finally realize that if you are a 30 star player and can't get past that point. You aren't going to win a tournament unless one of a few things happens. Either you get lucky and get a very stacked team, the other team loses due to not enough players or a previous tie.