PDA

View Full Version : Bound to account

B3AST
05-30-2013, 08:56 AM
I want to bring back this idea again and even if you failed to implement this, you should just put more effort to solve problems you had back then.

Most stuff makes no sense to be bound to character. I will give you several examples.

1. Essence of Ego. (Dont see any reason why it is bound to character, should be not bound at all. People trade egos even now so your bounding makes no sense.)
2. Essence of Vigor. (Should be bound to an account) Would take me time to explain. Anyway I will try do it with few sentences. For example you can craft some new 6 slot weapon on your main character, but you need lots of cross-depent mats and you buy these recipes on your alt characters, some of them will need Vigors to craft so you will have to play tournaments from several characters just to get those Vigors. I think everyone like to play tournaments from their main characters to get ratings and etc etc. That why I think Vigors should be bound to an account.

3. New combat augs. Why this is bound to character? We spend lots of bronze coins to get recipes and we can only craft them for one of our characters.

4. Bronze, Silver, Gold coins should be bound to an account, but what you buy with them should be bound to character.

5. Club stuff should be bound to an account....

6. Feel free to add.

Just make it like it is with Boosters/drinks. When you place it in your bank its not bound anymore and you can use on any of your char.

OGNightHawk
05-30-2013, 09:10 AM
They do this to prevent players from farming with multiple characters to "stack" one character. Cheaters will often do this using multiple accounts to farm power for one main character, or a "bank" character so that when an account is banned they do not lose all the loot they collected with that account.

Binding to character prevents both stacking characters as well as keeps cheaters from being able to stockpile stuff on "safe" accounts.

B3AST
05-30-2013, 09:18 AM
They do this to prevent players from farming with multiple characters to "stack" one character. Cheaters will often do this using multiple accounts to farm power for one main character, or a "bank" character so that when an account is banned they do not lose all the loot they collected with that account.

Binding to character prevents both stacking characters as well as keeps cheaters from being able to stockpile stuff on "safe" accounts.

I dont know what you are talking about.

I do understand that if cheater gets banned he cannot use any of his characters on that account. That include bank with all the items stored there. Fix me if I`m wrong.

OGNightHawk
05-30-2013, 09:35 AM
You are correct, I was simply speaking of one of the reasons items are bound. If such items were not bound to character moreso account) it would be possible for cheaters to build huge stockpiles on alternate accounts as a "backup" in case they are banned.

Mostly your request would fall under the farming category. It makes it too easy for a player to (as i said in my previous post) "stack" a single character on their account without having to rely on the game economy and other players to advance them or equip them with top gear, patches banners etc.

dinut
05-30-2013, 09:41 AM
I totally agree with you B3AST, excepting 3rd point.
Can add that goods from clubs should be bounded to account too.

Can't see a way to exploit EOG or EOV if they are bounded to account. The same thing for silvers or golds.

B3AST
05-30-2013, 09:45 AM
You are correct, I was simply speaking of one of the reasons items are bound. If such items were not bound to character moreso account) it would be possible for cheaters to build huge stockpiles on alternate accounts as a "backup" in case they are banned.

Mostly your request would fall under the farming category. It makes it too easy for a player to (as i said in my previous post) "stack" a single character on their account without having to rely on the game economy and other players to advance them or equip them with top gear, patches banners etc.

Still I do not understand your point here. I`m talking about some stuff being bound to account not unbound at all so if you cheated and got banned you cant use anything. Everything will be lost!

What farming? Here is nothing to farm, all the things to achieve you must work and put effott to get, its not few hours thingie. You cannot farm vigors, ego, coins, recipes...its not some ingredients what you could find in stockpile.

OGNightHawk
05-30-2013, 10:52 AM
It is still a form of farming when you are using multiple characters "earnings" to pad one characters "Build" The reason they keep these things bound to each character is so that in order to get "the best" stuff for one character, you need to put in the effort with that character. This keeps the characters stats and earnings balanced. FOr example, it would be very odd to see a character who has never participated in a tourney or tw etc stacked with all the top things available through participation only in tourneys or tw. A player that wants what is earned from such things should have to put in the work for each toon they wish to have those things on. It does not make sense to allow a toon who has never competed to reap the rewards specific to participation in events.

ie. It is not the developers fault if the player has more toons than they can handle ;)

B3AST
05-30-2013, 11:05 AM
It is still a form of farming when you are using multiple characters "earnings" to pad one characters "Build" The reason they keep these things bound to each character is so that in order to get "the best" stuff for one character, you need to put in the effort with that character. This keeps the characters stats and earnings balanced. FOr example, it would be very odd to see a character who has never participated in a tourney or tw etc stacked with all the top things available through participation only in tourneys or tw. A player that wants what is earned from such things should have to put in the work for each toon they wish to have those things on. It does not make sense to allow a toon who has never competed to reap the rewards specific to participation in events.

ie. It is not the developers fault if the player has more toons than they can handle ;)

Your example still not good enough why it should be bound to character. I do believe that extra characters for an account are given with a reason so you can support/help for any of your character you want. Also I wouldnt care if some "unknown player" came tw or tournament with best gear becouse he earned it on his alt in fair way and with the time so dont really matter on which character he would get best gear..That would be main or an alt he would still get it and used it. However I think only an idiot could play tournaments and later buy best gear for an alt character and for me extra characters are give just to help, support and maintain your main character.

OGNightHawk
05-30-2013, 11:11 AM
If a character has not participated in anything they should not have access to the awards available through participating in those things. It makes it unfair to players who are unable to participate in those things for whatever reason.

B3AST
05-30-2013, 11:28 AM
If a character has not participated in anything they should not have access to the awards available through participating in those things.

If he have access to the awards that means he participated, wouldnt matter with what character on the account he did, still he participated and got the reward. Let him decide where to spend/use it!

It makes it unfair to players who are unable to participate in those things for whatever reason.

for exmaple???

few question do you played the game recenlty? Do you tried craft any 6 slot gun or any new item? You ever craft combat augs?

from your posts make me think that you didnt...and just posting here just for post counts.

OGNightHawk
05-30-2013, 11:41 AM
If he have access to the awards that means he participated, wouldnt matter with what character on the account he did, still he participated and got the reward. Let him decide where to spend/use it!?

Thats the thing, the player may have participated, but the character did not. It is not about the player, it is about the character. That then becomes farming power items for an uber character whos stats will not coincide with the level he/she is fighting at because that character never participated in anything that gains those rewards. No participation from the character should mean no rewards, that is why reward items are bound to character.

Note: I have more than 30 characters across both servers. Although wait times are hell lately, yes, I still play, and as a matter of fact was on both the NA server and the EU server over the past night, and no, I have no problems at all with the fact that things are bound to characters. If I want something on one of my characters, I work for it and earn it with that character.

B3AST
05-30-2013, 11:58 AM
That then becomes farming power items for an uber character whos stats will not coincide with the level he/she is fighting at because that character never participated in anything that gains those rewards.

Items have its level requirements, its not like you are going to use 50 lvl clothes or 50 boosts on lvl 20. So I dont know about which powerful items you are talking about.

It is not about the player

It is all about the player. If you are noob on lvl 50 you will be same noob on lvl 20 even dont matter what gear you will use.

Anyway we have different points and I think we wont come on a agreemant, but I think lots of players would want that they would be able to choose on which char to spend their earned rewards. Also this topic not only about rewards and even if they left rewards bind to char I wont care much. It was only suggestion and I think it wouldnt damage anything, but the ingredients vigor and ego should be bound to an account.

OGNightHawk
05-30-2013, 12:12 PM
The point is if a CHARACTER has NOT PARTICIPATED in SPECIFIC EVENTS, that character should NOT have access to rewards gained ONLY from participating in those events. It gives the player who participates in every single event an extreme advantage over someone who cannot participate in every single event. and is unfair to others who have multiple characters but (for whatever reason) are unable to participate in the events that give these rewards. Your character who has never participated in a single tourney is able to get butloads of tourney rewards but billy bob who has been unable to participate in a tourney due to whatever reason is unable to get those rewards. or has extremely limited access to those awards because he is only able to participate on rare occasions, whereas you have a character that has never run a single tourney but he is stacked with all the top tourney reward gear because you have been feeding him all your tourney rewards from participating daily on a few different characters per day every day for a month. That makes for a very unbalanced game.

B3AST
05-30-2013, 12:22 PM
The point is if a CHARACTER has NOT PARTICIPATED in SPECIFIC EVENTS, that character should NOT have access to rewards gained ONLY from participating in those events. It gives the player who participates in every single event an extreme advantage over someone who cannot participate in every single event. and is unfair to others who have multiple characters but (for whatever reason) are unable to participate in the events that give these rewards. Your character who has never participated in a single tourney is able to get butloads of tourney rewards but billy bob who has been unable to participate in a tourney due to whatever reason is unable to get those rewards. or has extremely limited access to those awards because he is only able to participate on rare occasions, whereas you have a character that has never run a single tourney but he is stacked with all the top tourney reward gear because you have been feeding him all your tourney rewards from participating daily on a few different characters per day every day for a month. That makes for a very unbalanced game.

god, here we go again... Tell 1 fuckin reason to play tournaments div1 waste boosts, ammo, durability, time and then buy your so called "op" gear for an alternative character?

Can you Imagine that i will play 4-6 month weeklies on my main to get behemot set for 420 gold coins and then, when I final bought it I will just give it to my alternative character. Why should I do it??? for what reason?

and even if you are retarded enough to make such a move, go on and buy best gear for your alt becouse you earned it and its your choice where to spend those rewards.

Seriously I dont understand.

all your tourney rewards from participating daily on a few different characters per day every day for a month

When you last time played the game? This is not possible.

OGNightHawk
05-30-2013, 12:39 PM
*sigh*

The reason things are bound to characters is to ensure (if you have several characters) that each character must input the same amount of time and effort in order to earn certain rewards and loot. If you are going to degrade the conversation with with childlike name calling, so be it, but it does not change the fact that bound items are bound for a reason.

Let me put it to you this way, you have a main who you participate in every tw with so you can collect lots and lots of yummy essence, but rather then supply that essence to the main toons gang, you fork it all over to an alt who has another gang but has never participated in a single TW, now that alt and gets access to patches and gang banners even though that character has never participated in the events needed in order to earn those things. Those gang banners benefit a gang who has never participated in any of the required events, and the patches augs whatever are all benefiting characters who never participated in any of the events REQUIRED to earn said rewards. By that logic, there should be no TW or tourneys and all items should drop as loot and be available to everyone.

B3AST
05-30-2013, 12:43 PM
*sigh*

The reason things are bound to characters is to ensure (if you have several characters) that each character must input the same amount of time and effort in order to earn certain rewards and loot. If you are going to degrade the conversation with with childlike name calling, so be it, but it does not change the fact that bound items are bound for a reason.

Let me put it to you this way, you have a main who you participate in every tw with so you can collect lots and lots of yummy essence, but rather then supply that essence to the main toons gang, you fork it all over to an alt who has another gang but has never participated in a single TW, now that alt and gets access to patches and gang banners even though that character has never participated in the events needed in order to earn those things. Those gang banners benefit a gang who has never participated in any of the required events, and the patches augs whatever are all benefiting characters who never participated in any of the events REQUIRED to earn said rewards. By that logic, there should be no TW or tourneys and all items should drop as loot and be available to everyone.

Says enough how much you know about all new things. You should check them before you talk. I have nothing else to say atm.

cycon
05-30-2013, 03:46 PM
yeah b3ast is totally right about the ego bound and recipes and vigor
It doesn't matter on which character you are playing tournament but these all things should be bound to account
like xp drink when you put in your bank vault ( Drink xp or whatever) they get unbound and can be use on other character
thats the way all things should be.
Then you will be able to craft cross-dependent ingredients otherwise its really hard to craft

OGNightHawk
05-30-2013, 04:07 PM
It is supposed to be hard to craft some things.... that's why you need a gang working together to craft. Tournament and Turf War rewards are about teams working together and supporting each other. That's why there are cross dependents. It is the same basis as the regular crafting economy. Sure you can craft everything for yourself, but the economy relies on players depending on each other for certain things. If a player could simply create x number of characters and supply everything for themselves there would be no reason for interacting with the rest of the community and basically the economy would crash. Also, like I said, there would be no reason for tournaments and turf wars as everything anyone needed could all be put in loot containers, then there would be no need for PvP at all because everyone could simply stockpile to get everything they need, and the whole game becomes pointless.

B3AST
05-30-2013, 04:44 PM
player could simply create x number of characters and supply everything for themselves there would be no reason for interacting with the rest of the community and basically the economy would crash.

Well on cabreze lots of players have +6 characters. I have myself like 9-10 characters so I can tell you this is not what ruin economy. You can have how many chars you want you still cant farm all the mats by your own, maybe if you play 24/7 sure then prob you could. This still make you spend money on ah

Anyway this is offtopic.

dinut
05-30-2013, 04:52 PM
This guy has no ideea about what he's talking and about what beast talks.
First of all, is not about regular craft, is about crafting the new items . Why should anyone playing on 2-3 chars(from the same account) to get EOV to craft a single item? What is unfair in using your earned coins to craft what you need? Where is the exploit? You still can't craft more items than normal...

DiskoSvir94
05-30-2013, 05:17 PM
Well i also suggested this under my wall of text thread, but I don't think they will implement bronze coins to be binded to account or not binded at all, because this would be abused by making tons of characters and accounts just to harvest bronze coins. That way you could earn like 20 bronze coins a day. BUT 1 bronze coin a day is not enough, it should be increased to at least 2-3.

I also don't seem any harm in making new Combat augs bound to account or not bounded at all.
Essence's should be tradable, not just binded to account, tradeble also, because this would help our economy rise again. Maybe just not essence of pack, because it's used for banners only so if some gang has 2 lvl 5 banners, it can just farm EoP and send it to another gang.

Too many items are " bound on pick up " or bound on equip ", this is ruining our economy and it makes us harder to play with our alt's. I understand for some items, but most items (+ those that b3ast listed) should be bounded to Account or not bounded at all! (i preffer not bounded at all).

Convalaria
06-03-2013, 04:55 AM
Well i also suggested this under my wall of text thread, but I don't think they will implement bronze coins to be binded to account or not binded at all, because this would be abused by making tons of characters and accounts just to harvest bronze coins. That way you could earn like 20 bronze coins a day. BUT 1 bronze coin a day is not enough, it should be increased to at least 2-3.

I also don't seem any harm in making new Combat augs bound to account or not bounded at all.
Essence's should be tradable, not just binded to account, tradeble also, because this would help our economy rise again. Maybe just not essence of pack, because it's used for banners only so if some gang has 2 lvl 5 banners, it can just farm EoP and send it to another gang.

Too many items are " bound on pick up " or bound on equip ", this is ruining our economy and it makes us harder to play with our alt's. I understand for some items, but most items (+ those that b3ast listed) should be bounded to Account or not bounded at all! (i preffer not bounded at all).

just +++

vulty
06-04-2013, 10:30 AM
I dont' think making coins transferable is a good idea - at all for bronze... and partially for silver / gold, which may be able to transferable only between high-level characters (or same level characters), 'cause silver is much easier earned in div1, which is available only from 35th lvl. The one way to do so is divide silvers by lvl of char its earned, e.g. "low-level silver" (below 20), "mid-level silver" (20-35), "high-level silver" (35+) and make it usable only by char that satisfy the minimum requirements).
But the rest posted items like EoE and EoV and combat AUGs should be transferable. Just make hard lvl requirement for those Combat AUGs.

PS Hawk, you may be an OG, but please dont' hold the developer's position with eyes wide shut... Sometimes players ask what they really need. It's should be proud for developers to realize it the best way possible :)

DiskoSvir94
06-04-2013, 11:43 AM
I dont' think making coins transferable is a good idea - at all for bronze... and partially for silver / gold, which may be able to transferable only between high-level characters (or same level characters), 'cause silver is much easier earned in div1, which is available only from 35th lvl. The one way to do so is divide silvers by lvl of char its earned, e.g. "low-level silver" (below 20), "mid-level silver" (20-35), "high-level silver" (35+) and make it usable only by char that satisfy the minimum requirements).

hmm good point, well then they need to implement something that will prevent us from doing it so. But i doubt there would be high number of players that do that, but it still is a problem that could be abused and make newbies hard to play.

kaine1337
06-04-2013, 07:44 PM
But the rest posted items like EoE and EoV and combat AUGs should be transferable. Just make hard lvl requirement for those Combat AUGs.

Well good suggestion how to make coins transferable. +++

Also Essence of Ego should not be bound at all, becouse everyone trade/sell it now too so it wouldnt change anything if they made it unbound.

DiskoSvir94
06-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Well good suggestion how to make coins transferable. +++

Also Essence of Ego should not be bound at all, becouse everyone trade/sell it now too so it wouldnt change anything if they made it unbound.

Yes, true.

bullshitcraft
06-06-2013, 05:50 PM
just one example: if you get a level 20 to get some gold you have friends that trust you thats ok
if not you cant get any gold coin to later buy gold gears or ammo etc etc
ofc a level 20 doesnt need lvl 50 eqquips but that is just a good example
another: in the club drugs and all the stuff stay bound to that char but for another way in rare items if you buy any mats isnt bound
well its a little no sense bcz some guys could make a good money with club stuff and i believe that is a the reason why is banned but i still think that bound even talking about the guns is wrong or should have a test mode
i mean how many times you bought a gun and you equip it with attchs and you going to pvp and you hate that gun...
i mean we cant test anything without sepnd money on it...this is bad for the newbies and who doesnt experience in that weapon ...so bound in some cases sucks

B3AST
06-07-2013, 07:10 AM
ofc a level 20 doesnt need lvl 50 eqquips but that is just a good example

you forget everything have level requirements, so you cant use level 50 gear/boosts/ammo at level 20. There is no way...

well its a little no sense bcz some guys could make a good money with club stuff

I dont talk about club stuff (boosts/ammo) being unbound. They should be bound to an account. That wouldnt change anything.

Crabby420
07-03-2013, 05:47 AM
I want to bring back this idea again and even if you failed to implement this, you should just put more effort to solve problems you had back then.

Most stuff makes no sense to be bound to character. I will give you several examples.

1. Essence of Ego. (Dont see any reason why it is bound to character, should be not bound at all. People trade egos even now so your bounding makes no sense.)
2. Essence of Vigor. (Should be bound to an account) Would take me time to explain. Anyway I will try do it with few sentences. For example you can craft some new 6 slot weapon on your main character, but you need lots of cross-depent mats and you buy these recipes on your alt characters, some of them will need Vigors to craft so you will have to play tournaments from several characters just to get those Vigors. I think everyone like to play tournaments from their main characters to get ratings and etc etc. That why I think Vigors should be bound to an account.

3. New combat augs. Why this is bound to character? We spend lots of bronze coins to get recipes and we can only craft them for one of our characters.

4. Bronze, Silver, Gold coins should be bound to an account, but what you buy with them should be bound to character.

5. Club stuff should be bound to an account....

6. Feel free to add.

Just make it like it is with Boosters/drinks. When you place it in your bank its not bound anymore and you can use on any of your char.

Ego should be bound as it helps clans set up a reward system, If it was tradeable the purpose of it would be defeated as it will be traded to people outside the clan. I know there are ways around this but the binding of the item limits improper use.

Vigor should be bound because I feel it would limit interaction between other players. Otherwise players would have a monopoly and could make a lot money while hardly giving to other players.

Patches should be bound because they don't have a level requirement, giving one to a low level character would be unfair to the players without an alt.

Coins and what you buy with them should be bound as it would be unfair for a div 3 player to be wining the amount of silver in div 1. Should be the same with ALL coins.

Items purchased with Gold Bars and Ingame $ should be bound to account only, that way we don't have to let a level 20 gun sit in our character.