PDA

View Full Version : A new shooting feature for the game (food for thought)

68Seconds
04-05-2013, 08:43 PM
Wouldend it be nice to inplement a ricochets shot for the game. So instead shooting a enemy strate on to kill him. You kill the enemy by a ricochets shot via walls, metal/wooden posts, crates/boxes, containers, barels from above, below or normal position in matches enzo on.

And make a point score based on the bauty of the richohets shot instead of the amount of kills made in that match. Amount of kills could still be a point score option butt make the ricochets shot count worth more.

And the damage of the shot stays on the objects used for the ricochets shot during the match when its played. So you can't shoot the same way not exactly right again twice. And it gets more and more dificult after each shot everytime someone shoots from the same spot/position again.

Mabye even food for thought for a hole new playing field playing this way.

Thoughts are apriciated

imLuCaS
04-10-2013, 01:12 AM
ricochets, damn man u high? :D

68Seconds
04-10-2013, 08:18 PM
ricochets, damn man u high? :D

Nope no abuser of bad substances here clean as a whistle.

I was thinking more in the lines like how we can throw the grenade via the wall and such in game. It would be nice to have something simular with a bullet shot. Bouncing of walls, cellings, floors and so on to target.

Remember Sunrise City is a unstable place so this idea should fit in beautifully.

And like i said in my thread mabye in a new game field should be made for it. Butt that shouldend be realy necessary.

AxionGlock
04-12-2013, 07:03 PM
IN the real world, ricochets are hardly a problem. If a bullet were to hit a wall at an angle that would produce a ricochets , or more forward momentum, regardless of what angle it hits this wall, the exit ricochets tends to be anywhere from 3-5 degrees. This is due to the weight and momentum of the round itself. This is not from personal, scientific research but from FBI ballistic reports.

Now I know this is just a game, but realistically, ricochets just wouldn't do any damage unless you were already leaning up against that wall.

I think we have enough fun killing the way we are doing it, and ricochets I think would complicate an already complex game dynamics (piercing, cover vs concealment, etc)

68Seconds
04-12-2013, 08:34 PM
IN the real world, ricochets are hardly a problem. If a bullet were to hit a wall at an angle that would produce a ricochets , or more forward momentum, regardless of what angle it hits this wall, the exit ricochets tends to be anywhere from 3-5 degrees. This is due to the weight and momentum of the round itself. This is not from personal, scientific research but from FBI ballistic reports.

Now I know this is just a game, but realistically, ricochets just wouldn't do any damage unless you were already leaning up against that wall.

I think we have enough fun killing the way we are doing it, and ricochets I think would complicate an already complex game dynamics (piercing, cover vs concealment, etc)

You must have had weapon training of some kind the way you talk about the subject :)
But i appreciate your thoughts on this matter.
It is just to inspire the creativity of surten folks behind the game. To me the thought just would be fun playing i a new field that way.

AxionGlock
04-12-2013, 09:52 PM
You must have had weapon training of some kind the way you talk about the subject :)
But i appreciate your thoughts on this matter.
It is just to inspire the creativity of surten folks behind the game. To me the thought just would be fun playing i a new field that way.

Several years in the US Army Infantry + Intensive Civilian Firearms Training + Gun Fanatic

As someone that carries a weapon on a daily basis, legally with my Conceal Carry Permit, you have to be fully aware of how to handle your weapon as well as know the characteristics of the fired projectile. It the only responsible thing to do.

You have come up with very good, creative ideas. If there ever were to be a vote for a Player Counsel, you'd have my vote!

68Seconds
04-13-2013, 01:48 PM
Several years in the US Army Infantry + Intensive Civilian Firearms Training + Gun Fanatic

As someone that carries a weapon on a daily basis, legally with my Conceal Carry Permit, you have to be fully aware of how to handle your weapon as well as know the characteristics of the fired projectile. It the only responsible thing to do.

You have come up with very good, creative ideas. If there ever were to be a vote for a Player Counsel, you'd have my vote!

Well that explains your weapon knowledge alright.

And please don't vote for me on a players counsel vote. The developers department might get over worked. :p