PDA

View Full Version : We need a Re-enter battle option

CptSolo
12-10-2012, 05:59 AM
I noticed, that a huge percentage of "leavers" in battles seem to just have connection issues.
They often leave after appearing "afk" for some time first. From the dear friends I am playing with I know, that those people often come back right after their disconnect.
Then we have the scenario, that they: 1. have deserter penalty and 2. cannot reenter the battle they were force out of due to connectivity problems or other issues.

For that reason I suggest the following:

- when leaving a battle for whatever reason, every player can assign a hotkey which allows him to immediatly re-enter the battle. This option is also available, even when still having deserter time.
The option is available as long as the battle lasts and the max number of players is not reached on map (wont happen most of the time since, when disconnected, you are still in battle anyway.
- You can "cancel" this option by reentering queue after deserter penalty is gone.
- When re-entering a battle with that option, the deserter penalty is not "raised" to the next time penalty level but remains like if that battle was not "left" at all. To avoid exploiting this feature, it could get a 1 minute cooldown (after using it the first time).
Important: this option also allows to re-enter battles that are below the 5 minutes mark which normally prevents new players from random queue to be assigned to them.

How this would help:
It would lower the frustration level for people who had a disconnect and then have to wait 5 or more minutes for their mates which are still in game.
Also, we can lower the frustration about deserter penalty in general, because when you did not leave on purpose (what means that you do not want to re-enter anyway), you can prevent your deserter from rising.

People might say now, that you can exploit this feature as a "leaver" by leaving, then waiting for the battle to end soon and then re-enter just to not get deserter. But if you think twice you will see, that when doing so, that guy is giving himself a deserter penalty by waiting, doing nothing until the game is over.
he also cannot play another game in the "meantime"...

FatZombie
12-10-2012, 07:18 AM
NO! Chances are if you disconnected from a battle, you are the lagger.... hence, you shouldn't be playing this game...

Anyway, side personal vendetta's against that issue, this would create a huge exploitation for those that drop the game and try to get back in the matches on the winning side. Once you drop/dc/whatever, you are done with the match plain and simple. There is always another new match you can try to get into and play....

OGNightHawk
12-10-2012, 08:08 AM
Agree with Zombie on this on. If your connection is so bad you cant stay connected then you should not be playing games that require a reliable connection. Not all games are made for all connections and not all people have connections that are adequate for all games. Sucks I know, but hey there are lots of other games out there that dont require a reliable connection to pass the time until a user can afford a reliable connection or the isp can afford something better than that low end hamster powered server and their three legged narcoleptic hamster with one eye, epilepsy and a limp.

CptSolo
12-10-2012, 08:21 AM
LoL guys, your arguments are pathetic and come out of evil minds.

Of course, this option would bring you back into the team u just left (which would, most likely, be the team with one player missing anyway).
I dont see any exploitation possibilities here...

As for that argument "dont play the game":

- the ppl who have DC issues are not laggers, high pingers or anything like that. They most likely have other causes which make them disconnect, sometimes in a series of times making their deserter rise. The rest of the time they are fine.

- if you say that, I wonder why many red pingers keep cheating themselves through Div 1 and the whole game. It cannot be, that one red pinger cant do **** with his lag while the other one seems to be NEO himself, forseeing all that is happening while beaming himself and shorten knife jump by 50%, making it impossible to dodge.
Not to mention their bullets following me arround corners...

But those ppl. strange enough, never seem to have DC issues...

Also quite funny that I read from US players who whined about LAG on their server I hear those arguments.
If you'd followed your own "doctrine" you would not play CrimeCraft any longer because you d had quit long time ago on Lagericho.

LSaratov
12-10-2012, 08:27 AM
NO! Chances are if you disconnected from a battle, you are the lagger.... hence, you shouldn't be playing this game...

Anyway, side personal vendetta's against that issue, this would create a huge exploitation for those that drop the game and try to get back in the matches on the winning side. Once you drop/dc/whatever, you are done with the match plain and simple. There is always another new match you can try to get into and play....

You forgot they already paid the price for ammo and boost. If they rejoin, it would just cost them another charge. If tournament are permitted, I don't see why the same thing cannot be implement into regular match.

They can pretty much done like what other game does. If you disconnect, you can reconnect to the game in within 2 minutes time frame or else it is good bye for ya.

CptSolo
12-10-2012, 08:37 AM
You forgot they already paid the price for ammo and boost. If they rejoin, it would just cost them another charge. If tournament are permitted, I don't see why the same thing cannot be implement into regular match.

They can pretty much done like what other game does. If you disconnect, you can reconnect to the game in within 2 minutes time frame or else it is good bye for ya.

Ye, tournament has it, true. Almost forgot.
For your other points I agree. But I think it would be possible to make it working in a way that does not make you consume another load of your ammo and boost or pay the double upkeep for classes.
But even if not, I think ppl would still use it to reenter battles.

FatZombie
12-10-2012, 12:01 PM
LoL guys, your arguments are pathetic and come out of evil minds.

And yours are brilliant?

With every idea, you must look at the possibility of it being exploited. If you can't handle the simple truth that people will exploit things in the game, then offering suggestions probably isn't your thing. And if you can't handle people giving you "constructive feedback," then it is you that is daft! If you made a game, I don't think I would even try it considering how offensive you get when someone points out an exploit with it. Kind of makes me wonder how many exploits would be in the game....

You attacks on our LEGIT arguments and feed-backs is not welcomed...So keep the banter to yourself....

CptSolo
12-11-2012, 02:12 AM
And yours are brilliant?

With every idea, you must look at the possibility of it being exploited. If you can't handle the simple truth that people will exploit things in the game, then offering suggestions probably isn't your thing. And if you can't handle people giving you "constructive feedback," then it is you that is daft! If you made a game, I don't think I would even try it considering how offensive you get when someone points out an exploit with it. Kind of makes me wonder how many exploits would be in the game....

You attacks on our LEGIT arguments and feed-backs is not welcomed...So keep the banter to yourself....

I currently do not see any possible exploit for such a feature. And I dont see where u had a proper argument how such an exploit could look like.