PDA

View Full Version : Long Long wall of text! Ideas/suggestions to build fan base and "funability!"

FatZombie
11-30-2012, 06:36 PM
Ideas for the game of CrimeCraft to grow a population again!
I have been thinking (WATCH OUT!) about why many people are not really playing much if any in this visually interesting game of CrimeCraft. And the biggest thing is that I cannot peg any one thing, but rather an accumulation of many things. You may disagree with me on some points or even all of them depending on how you personally see the game. However, please do not say such narrow minded things such as "You need to improve" or "I don't like it." If you have nothing intelligent to say or anything to say without a reason, please do not respond here. And keep attacks out of this discussion thread. If you don't like what someone had to say, calling their idea stupid makes ya even more dumb as we all then know your inability to actually have a discussion amongst peers.

Be prepared for a long read on this one (and that is if I can put all of it into one post even). These are along the lines of suggestive things that I think could greatly improve the game and add interest to the longer term players.

So here I go:

BLACK MARKET

1. Change how the Black Market appears. Instead of having the Black Market tab on top of the screen for everyone to view, having an actual Black Market would be nice! The other reason (being the bigger reason) is to avoid those beginners that are stuck on the tab screen from seeing what is actually in the Black Market. This is highly important for a few reasons. This doesn't, or rather, helps eliminate the more immediate views of pay to win at those intro levels and keeps their focus on where it should be (and that is to keep them focused on learning the game). The other reason is to add the feeling of a store, pride in showing that you support the game to those that see you shopping, and a place that can be raided for a specialty type of mission (explained later on).

TOURNAMENTS
Change the tournaments entirely! This one is a huge one for a great deal of reasons. The tournament rewards are simply too much and offsets a great deal in regular matchmaking, crafting, etc. with the current way it is.

1. When the tournament rewards are easy to get, the better players don't need to go into matchmaking to get funds to maintain their customs. This is bad as then it creates the viewpoint of a dead game (or a stat padding game) in addition to offsets in matchmaking when they do decide to play outside of tournaments. Often, they are not properly matched against other pro players and get into matches where they should never be.

2. The rewards also offset the crafting. Why bother with crafting if you don't need to get involved when you can get everything for free from the tournaments. Depending on how good you are determines your need to craft. Although this may seem appealling to the pro players, this isn't appealling to all the other players in the game. So, this aspect of ease in getting the tournament rewards makes crafting way more difficult/useless to what it should be.

3. Change what deciphers what division you belong too. This is also a huge thing as well. Tournaments should be based on your ability and not your level. Instead of it being ranked on star ranking due to people purposefully doing horrible in matches to change it, make an additional ranking system called tournament rank. This way, if they wish to "adjust" their rank in such ways, they would have to lose for a while in the tournaments in which to do so. This will greatly eliminate people from dominating the lower divisions in tournaments and also provide a more competative tournament tree! As you improve your game whether it be equipment or ability or both, you will increase your ability in the tournaments and eventually get into a higher tier of tournament play. This would also encourage people to get the better equipment instead of simply dropping the game..... Also, there should never be a gold winner that sits in a lower division.

4. Create different rewards in the tournaments! Instead of branching off of current professions/crafting, having items not in those categories could increase interest. For example, have masks that would add a small benefit such as -5% headshot damage or +1 hp regen. Or adding something more distinctive such as a robotic limb that could add other benefits such as more resistence to said area....

5. Add more tournaments in different time areas! This game is focused on only one time period throughout the day. Although I am not sure about other countries much, but the US is pretty much sleepless gamers. That means that there is a great deal of gamers in all time zones. Limiting a game to only one timezone greatly decreases your sales and interest into the game. I don't understand why for the focused attention to one time throughout the day as the employees don't have to be vigil like employees in department stores have to be.

MATCHMAKING

1. Change the way star rankings are handled. Instead of having them point based in every match, make it change to the wins/losses of matches. This encourages people to find teams to run with. In effect, this would also improve the competition as teams that run with each other improve over time as they begin to know how each of them react or handle situations in the fights. Also, this limits players from having soo much control over their star rankings and the such like when they go into matchmaking solo. This could also encourage a great deal of various builds instead of focusing on just killing in matches as well. We all like to kill, don't get me wrong with that. However, winning the match is more important than killing!

2. Have a set allowance on matches. Your earnings in matches should be the same for all the players on the same team depending on whether they win or lose. The reason mainly is because of the above reason (#1). The other reason is so that all the people can manage their money a little more effectively when they join matches half way through or when one is about to end and they hardly had the chance to do anything but yet still have to pay full upkeep. However, with this idea, no one should have to take a loss in the match either.

3. Make all the matches have a cut-off score. For example: A CTF (Capture the Flag) match should never go to 11-0 in score. Two things can be said when a match goes like that. If I was a fan of sports, how much fun would it be to spectate a match when one team blows out the other team? Would I be willing to pay to see that again? Now take into perspective of how much fun it is to be the team getting slaughtered. Is it fun for them? With that said right there, you are only going to keep half of the players interested in the battles let alone the frustration of trudging through ten minutes of them.

4. Make all the matches have a penalty for purposefully not scoring. This penalty would be directly affiliated with the income that they earn. To determine this, examples of penalty areas would be: a flag can only be held for 40 seconds - any longer and you risk losing money from the dividends at the end of the match, a money bag can only be held for 40 seconds - any longer and you risk losing money from the dividends at the end of the match, or getting fined for unsportsmanlike conduct from the event holders, and other stuff like that. Perhaps even adding a bonus to the winning team for finishing the match before the time limit expires depending on how fast that they were able to do it!

5. Make returning the bags different. If the team that grabs money out of the bank can instantly grab a bag where the team is sitting right on top of it to return it can happen, then the team returning the bag should be able to instantly grab it as well instead. What I mean by this is it should be able to be picked up by the defendor and brought back to their own safe instead.

6. Flags/money bags should have a auto return time. The first important reason is if the flag ends up in that impractical spot where no one can get to it (yes, that happened a few times in all the matches I played). The other reason is simply to avoid that 10 ft. away flag from it being grabbed again due to the time it takes to pick it up. This part isn't that bad though in regards to the way it is at current except if it ends up being in that can't reach spot!

7. Change the concept of spawn areas! This can be applied to all the different types of matches! Each side would have 3 spawn points. These 3 spawn points would be somewhere where the enemy could not reach whether it be an invisible forcefield or them being unable to reach because of no jumping in the game. These spawns points would allow you to drug up, activate abilities, etc... before going into the fray again. Especially on the smaller maps where this is kind of important! Of course, if you spend more than 10-15 seconds in the spawn area, you will suffer a penalty of fastly deplinishing health and having it count as a suicide! Overall, lets face it. No one likes getting spawned surrounded by the enemy let alone the spawns being in predictable areas of the maps!

8. If all the above changes were to be implemented, then there could be a much more severe penalty for those that drop the matches before the matches end! Not only do they lose out on getting paid for the match, but they would also suffer other penalties such as not being able to participate in tournaments, recieving fines from the event holders, etc... (could add more depth to the game and possibly more profit).

9. Radical idea. Only allow people to pair up to go into matchmaking! Groups of four is reserved for tournaments, gang wars, territory wars, and private matches. Reason for this is because of the more immediate problem of lack of population and leveling out the teams a lot better than what is happening now! Other reason could be to make it where it could be a specialty thing for premium subscribers (will hit on that later in this post)!

PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTIONS
A lot can be argued for and against the concept of the way the premium subscriptions are! The idea of the subscription is too make it easier for people to play the game. The biggest problem out of premium subscriptions right now is that it is practically needed to be able to play the game in the matchmaking in the first place. They say that you can make 3x the money from matches. But if you are a class user, free to play players do not make the x1 ratio in the first place in comparison to the premium player (this can be said for customs too). So this creates the pay to play idealogy! So I could not ignore coming up with ideas on how to fix this concept as well. And trust me, I wouldn't think about this issue soo much if the population was considerably higher as I would think that the game employees would be right in regards to this issue. And since I believe that the population of a game tells more than my or your personal views, ideas in regards to this matter should be welcomed and even implemented to create the fan base again! So here are a few ideas that I have to offer. Feel welcome to add in your ideas and refrain from rediculing other people's pov's.

1. Get rid of the money/coin bonuses that are gained from premium subscriptions. Although this concept sounds great in theory, it creates more negative than positive outlooks on interested parties. This would also increase variabilities in which to add other ideas with premium subscriptions without the premium subscriptions affecting the prices on the auction house to such high degrees. And lastly, this would decrease the effect that the premium subscription has on the auction house.... In a game where buying and selling things to other people, advantages to players should never be implemented due to narrowing the fan base down to only paying customers! Free to play players are absolutely needed to get higher profits from those willing to invest!

2. Add special things to premium subscriptions! One thing would be to reduce group size for free to play players and increase group size for premium subscribers. Another would be to give a free set of clothes to subscribers on a monthly basis (appearance clothes only that would be special to only premium players). Another idea would be a decreased cost in buying other gold bar items from the Black Market. Another idea would be specialty items that can be given in the first month for premium subscribers and the free to play players would have to buy them. Another idea would be to give the premium subscribers a free to play missions without having to spend in game cash to play them where free to play players would have to spend money to play them.... There could be a great deal of things that could be added that would not hurt the ingame economy and yet still encourage a great deal of interest for players to invest into a monthly subscription!

CLASSES, ABILITIES, DRUGS, AND EQUIPMENT

Nothing in a game should ever be useless or nerfed. The reason why I think that is because people don't like to feel robbed in their gameplay experiences, efforts, or investments! Also, one class with a certain ability kind of stinks. For example, the acid rounds. The only class that has them is the defendor class and that is with a shotgun. There should be another class that has an assualt rifle to add dimention and other variables. So here are some ideas on what should also be changed.

1. Classes should be improved to a competative edge. I may list a few ideas of improvements below. Classes should represent the less common used combinations in the game as well as offer ideas of different builds. But it doesn't stop there. The classes could also benefit another aspect and that would be for those that wouldn't care to deal with all the lobby stuff that goes into customs to enjoy a competative edge in the game. Now, I am not saying that they should be given the best gear, drugs, etc... but rather saying that the combinations should be more effective. The soldier class is perfect in regards to it being balanced and still competative in regular matchmaking even though that class does not have the best gear for what it has! This same concept should be given to all the other classes as well!

2. Classes should never have to take money away from a player unless they get dc'd or leave the game early for whatever reason! When a player sees that the class can cost more than what they can make in a battle, they are discouraged from continuing to play them! And discouragement in any game coming from the game's employees should never happen!

3. Nerfing the rockets was the biggest mistake in the game. To some people (like me), this greatly hampered our ability to even put up a challenge to the pro players! And we still lost, but at least we got to have some fun playing against them! So I don't know what all the crying was about against the hargan missle launchers!

4. The edf is great in the game. However, nothing stops a speeding rock from creating damage. With that said, grenades should still bounce off of people inside the edf. Rockets should still create big damage upon a direct hit to the target inside the edf. Etc... However, the advantage of being inside the edf should only eliminate the splash damage and not the damage you recieve directly from a direct hit!

5. More variances of already existing abilities and new abilities should also be implemented! Such as different types of mines, infrared/heat sensored goggles, shield, etc...

6. Drugs should have a drawback for every benefit that they recieve! So, for example, howl has +crit, +dmg, +regen, and -stam. It should have +crit, -accuracy, +dmg, -resist, +regen, -maxhealth, -stam, +agility/speed. The reason for this is to avoid countering the drawbacks on drugs with another drug. The way it is now, it is as if getting heavier and better armor will make you go faster if you get a bigger and heavier gun! If they changed it to what I mentioned in my example, you will see more specialized builds with easier drawbacks for everyone to handle instead of possibly creating something that cannot be handled by any of the opposing team!

7. Mines should be able to be attached to walls and not just the floor! The benefits of a c4 is that you can THROW it anywhere, not have to spend time setting it up, and self detonate when you want them too with a much more powerful effect. With mines, it takes time to set up, reduced dmg, and can only be placed on the floor where everyone can easily see them in most cases. Now, I am not saying make the mines with the ability to throw them, but rather to be able to set them up and stick them on the wall within your toons reach! Creates more interest with mines if you ask me! This does fall into personal opinion and possibly fairness in play, but seems like a neat concept!

NEW MATERIAL
Keeping the long term players the game is one of the biggest aspects of any game! However, you don't want to make them work on something for a full year in which to get things either! So the idea of incorporating new things into a game is very important to keep growing and maintaining a profit margin for the game! New material should be the biggest thing in which to make the best profit besides the actual premium memberships (because the premium memberships could include some of the new materials). When a game slows down on getting new material for the game, the population begins to dwindle. And it shows in this game! A year ago in the off time of the tournaments, there used to be 50+ players in the all pvp matchmaking! Now it is as low as 10-12 people! BIG OUCH!

And the best thing about new material is that it can be interesting to all time areas for maximizing interest into the whole player base of the game!

But simply having new material isn't the only thing that should be implemented. A few other things should be considered when implementing new material. The first is the obvious "Is it (op'd) over-powering?" The next thing is "Does it change the mechanics of the game?" The next, "Does it add interest?" The reason why I try to hit on this sooooo hard is that it isn't new if it is already in the game! Gang buffs are new, but not new at the same time. They offer nothing new to the game! All they offer is more of what is already there! And that will not bring back the older players to play again. I do like the idea of it though, but it should not have been the only "new" thing in a monthly patch as it was not really new!

So I list some possible ideas on new things that could add a feel to more options and variances to the game without changing much about the mechanics!

1. Add in additional types of mines! You have many options for grenades and ammo rounds, but there is no real option for various trap gadgets! So implementing mines that would also have the same effect as grenades would be helpful. Throw in those corrosive mines, flash mines, zap mines, and even flame mines! Granted this may come close to "more of what is already there," but this also adds a great deal of more strategy and gameplay without changing the mechanics!

2. Have turrets that can also be operated by the players! There is already enough grenades, c4's, rockets, grenade launchers, etc... so having a manned turret wouldn't change the difficulty in the game. But rather add a new concept that adds interest. Don't forget to make the front of the turret with some shielding and a limited turn rate. Pointless if you can't add that with it!

3. Have a monthly special match type or pve mission! This special mission, people can enter them paying an entry fee per attempt or free to a premium subscriber! If they "gamble" and try to attempt this, they get rewarded upon their success or take a loss if they fail. Or you can base it on how long they live in that match (survivalist mission). Depending on whatever is needed for a proper success in the match! You could also add in a mission where people can try and raid the BM for a random item. Of course, this would prove to be really difficult and also have more restrictions such as an entry fee as well as only once per day can be attempted, and so on....

4. Add more pve based story lines! Stopping at a whopping 10 episodes is kind of lame! Keep adding more every month to keep interest alive for those that like them!

5. Add more ranked one maps to the territory wars! I am talking about new maps entirely and not changing the old ones around! This does two things! One is the interest into new maps! The other is to allow easier access for new gangs to try and get a foothold in fighting for territories!

OTHER IDEAS
This category is more about other things that I think would be great ideas to put into the game as well for various reasons.

1. Make the (appearance) Black Market outfits to something that is bound to your toon, but not bound to the item it is attached to or not bound at all. Ie: Make the clothes where it can be unattached and re-attached without any degredation to the appearance clothes that you have bought. I don't know exactly how to put this. Lets say i bought a hoodie from the Black Market (BM for short). I will then always have that hoodie for as long as the game lives. I can attach it to clothes I craft. And when those clothes become unrepairable or not wanted any longer, I can remove the hoodie appearance and re-attach it to another. The reason why I think this is a good idea is to make it more acceptable to a lot more people that are willing to invest into the game!

2. Allow us to be able to apply WMK's on class weapons and/or change the color of those weapons! I don't see why this hasn't been done yet as BM clothes can be applied!

3. Make everything sellable in the auction house. This includes BM items, tournament coins, daily coins, boosts drinks, etc... I mean everything! Why do I think that this could be implemented? Because even the free to play players that don't or can't spend much into a game can achieve getting some of those items. If they are willing to put in the work and gameplay into playing the game and getting enough funds to buy those BM items, coins, etc.., then I do not see the reason why the bound concept is even in the game! After all, encouraging players to play is the most important aspect of the game right? The motivation for them to invest into the game becomes even more as now they will open up on the idea that this game isn't about the pay to win in such extreme measures!

4. Each month, get rid of some of the older BM clothes and incorporate new ones. The reason behind this would be to encourage players to sell what they may no longer want and replace them with the newer stuff. Another reason also is to give the older players the rewards of showing off what they have from "back then." Always a bonus in my book. This could also start up a collection for some of the players and so on.

5. Apartments! Do our characters sleep on the floors in an abandoned building? Does the population of Sunrise City sleep in the ghetto's? I think we all know better than that right! Why not incorporate something that players can rent an apartment or buy a home? This home could have display cases to show off their trophies, accomplishments, etc... Also, the home could have other things in them.

6. More stuff for the gang hideout! Why isn't there a pool table in the clubs? Why isn't there a gambling set up in a world that is largely based on criminal activity? Adding more things in social things in lobby would be awesome! I would think that this game has a serious lack of crime considering that it is named after it!

7. Use the lobby maps for more than just lobby stuff! Use them for battles during special times such as the weekly tournaments or special event matches that are mentioned above for new ideas. Seems almost a waste to use them only for lobby stuff.....

FIXES THAT SHOULD BE PRIORITY
These are relatively small fixes and shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

1. Put a small pause into the pistols so that outside programs cannot interfere with the gameplay. Ie: Single fire or even burst pistols should not have the capability to fire faster than automatic weapons! They are meant to be used as burst fire and single fire and should never have the capability of having that available due to the higher strength of the weapon.

2. Make homing rockets back to the lethality that they used to be. There is enough drugs and resists out there to avoid getting one hit killed by homing rockets. In addition, nerfing the homing rockets also made it more accessable for people to focus more on other resists creating a need or want for very few other drugs!

3. Less of a splash area for aoe (area of effect) weapons/abilities. If someone throws a c4 just to the right of me, I should be able to roll away from it far enough not to get hit by it.
Grenades should also have a little more time before detonation even with the aug. By the time they land, getting away from them is an impracticallity.

4. Eliminate having the same people play each other repeatedly in matchmaking! No one likes fighting against the exact same people that just got done kicking their ass.

5. Fix your matchmaking to be a bit more stern in finding matches for people. Pitting 2 low ranked people against two high ranked people is wrong regardless. Then to top it off and add it even less enjoyable, the higher star rated people that join later in the match also get thrown on the higher star rated team. So I repeat myself. DO NOT THROW IN A 37* PLAYER IN A MATCH CONSISTING OF NOTHING BUT 30* OR LESS! They turn the tide of battle all too easy and this has been proven time and time again. Perhaps going to the old style of play where there was no matchmaking might be better and letting the players create rooms. Then you can at least decide which players you can play against that might actually add to the excitment that this game SHOULD be providing for competition for everyone. I am sure that we could do a lot better maually than what is currently present. However, the idea of doing it manually sucks.

5. Add more drawbacks to the drugs. They should not be used to eliminate all the downsides of another drug. In effect, this limits the weaknesses that should be there in which other people can handle the builds. So instead of bess adding a ton of resists to all the categories, it should have been made to handle only a few of them.

6. Fix the lag! Make it where if a person does not have a good enough connection that they can't play the game. Literally watching a soldier walk up to the bank and then start running away, then finding out that they are already more than half way across the map with the money bag is pissing and literally detering players from playing! This aspect needs a fix along with the other issues of the server. So, make it where if they have one red bar that they can only play in pve matches and not in the pvp. This is an outside advantage that should not be allowed in the game!

7. Make a class that uses automatic weapons with the corrosion rounds. This will help level the usefulness a bit with all the high resist builds that there is now. This game literally defies its own logic with classes. If they are there to show you different builds, why are they normally not allowed to be as competative?

8. Add in loss of Stam to Corrosion Rounds. After all, they are already hampered by only giving 50% less damage. Unless they are upped by drugs (on the class that is), then this ability is useless against high resist, high speed, and high stamina targets as they will be gone before you can deliver the finishing blow anyway. The aug is nice though, but only if you hit them with the first
bullet. Due to this being an extremely fast and high agility game, the likely hood of that happening is pretty small unless of course you are pro! I could also accept that they change the corrosive around entirely where the max resist you can have against it would be 30% with no % drop in lethality. however, no drugs or boosts or even abilities can up the damage for the weapons used in conjunction with corrosive rounds. But anyway, the way the corrosive rounds are right now, they need to incorporate a class with an automatic weapon with some type of boost on the damage to make it even slightly effective towards high resist builds. Might also help if the classes were also equipped more with drugs that would add to the damage. Not many classes do that and that makes them well underpar for competative reasons.

CLASSES

Class: Sniper
Weapon 1: Smg
Weapon 2: Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle
Ability 1: AVI rounds
Ability 2: mines
Ability 3: Active Camo
Drugs 1: Zymek Lifeline
Drugs 2: Indura Convergence

This class could be changed around a bit. Instead of mines, it might be better to have the radar. in addition, since snipers are suppose to be at longer ranges, replace the smg for an assault rifle...

Class: Demolisher
Weapon 1: AR
Weapon 2: Single-Fire Rocket Launcher
Ability 1: Mines
Ability 2: Charge Compression
Ability 3: Improved Detection
Drugs 1: Juato
Drugs 2: Heavy

This class could be improved with a different drug side from heavy. Liquidstone would probably be better as it doesn't give negative effects to your rockets! Which is highly important since the nerf!

Class: Pyrotech
Weapon 2: Shotgun
Ability 1: Incendiary Rounds
Ability 2: Molotovs
Ability 3: Fire Control Techniques
Drugs 1: Zymek Lifeline
Drugs 2: Betadyne Amplifex

The SMG could use a bigger clip size. As innaccurate as it is while moving, going through a full clip isn't difficult to do.

Class: Outlaw
Weapon 2: Burst Fire AR
Ability 1: Incendiary Rounds
Ability 2: Shock Grenade
Ability 3: Desensitization
Drugs 1: Frenzy
Drugs 2: Marion

Everybody seems to be using this combo on drugs + an lmg since the nerf of homing rockets. Kind of lame.

Class: Bombardier
Weapon 1: AR
Weapon 2: Grenade Launcher
Ability 1: Corrosive Grenade
Ability 2: Proximity Mine
Ability 3: Charge Compression
Drugs 1: Chemtech Renewx
Drugs 2: Indura Liquidstone

This class would be better with the grenades instead of the mines. Bombardier and not trapper - hint hint

Class: Terminator
Weapon 2: Shotgun
Ability 1: Liquid Armor
Ability 2: RAI
Ability 3: Electric Shield
Drugs 1: Heavy
Drugs 2: Climax

With both drugs, you knock off too much on dmg of the weapons he does have. Kind of makes him useless to some degree. Terminator means that terminating should be the specialty, not resisting. A simple birth drug and howl would make this class more useful.

Class: Smoker
Weapon 2: Homing Rockets
Ability 1: Rocket Turret
Ability 2: Smoke Grenades
Ability 3: IED Training
Drugs 1: Birth
Drugs 2: K-Dust

Since the nerf, this class has virtually become useless. With the activation of birth, you get even less damage done by the homing rockets and that is even after the nerf of the homing rockets. Change the Birth drug to something that doesn't diminsh splash damage and change the rockets to a grenade launcher. or even change the rockets to the single fire rockets.

Class: Brainiac
Weapon 1: Semi-AutoPistol
Weapon 2: AR
Ability 1: LMG Turret
Ability 2: EDF
Ability 3: Electric Shield
Drugs 1: Chemtech Sureboost
Drugs 2: Indura Liquidstone

This class just begs ya to get up close and personal. Why it has a pistol baffles me as this really isn't an upclose weapon. This build is basically for campers that want the action to come to them. Change the pistol to an smg. Optional: Change the AR to a shotgun.

Class: Death Dealer
Weapon 2: Auto-Shotgun
Ability 1: Enhanced Metabolism
Ability 2: Liquid Armor
Ability 3: Enhanced Endurance
Drugs 1: Betadyne Rejuva
Drugs 2: JellyJoy

A DeathDealer with JellyJoy. Kind of counters the idea of what this character should be doing. Anyway, this character seems to center around healing to get up close and personal to make its kills. With a lack of range weapons for this class, invisibility instead of enhanced endurance and marion/howl/frenzy instead of jellyjoy would probably be better.....

Class: Sticky Bomber
Weapon 1: Semi-Auto Shotgun
Weapon 2: Lmg
Ability 1: Flash Grenade
Ability 2: C4
Ability 3: Radar
Drugs 1: Juato
Drugs 2: Groove

If this class was meant for a variation on pve, the radar could be removed for liquid armor or second chance.
If this class was meant to be universal, then it would be fine except for the Juato. Should be simply a medkit.
If this class was meant for pvp, flash bangs are almost useless to use as people usually can still see their radar, aiming reticule, health, and all of that. Changing it to liquid armor, auto-regenerator, or even Ambush Tactics would be better...

Class: Defender
Weapon 1: Auto-Shotgun
Weapon 2: Triggered Grenade Launcher
Ability 1: LMG Turret
Ability 2: Corrosive Rounds
Ability 3: Radar
Drugs 1: Chemtech Sureboost
Drugs 2: Betadyne Amplifex

"where is the class with the automatic weapon for those valuable corrosive rounds?" or rather "How am I supposed to be effective towards the speed part of assualters?" This class is only good if you can stop them entirely from getting the objective. If they already have the objective and running away, you are more likely to fail to stop them running away with that bag or flag... Needs an auto weapon of somesort....personal opinion.

Class: Tank
Weapon 2: LMG
Ability 1: PSP rounds
Ability 2: EDF
Ability 3: Desensitization
Drugs 1: Frenzy
Drugs 2: Bess

This is definitely one of the more difficult classes due to the bess. I understand the reason for putting bess on this class, but the difficulty lays with the lack of healing until you go into psp mode. Don't know exactly what can be done if anything for this class!

CptSolo
12-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Class: Sniper
This class could be changed around a bit. Instead of mines, it might be better to have the radar. in addition, since snipers are suppose to be at longer ranges, replace the smg for an assault rifle...

I think Sniper is one of the view well balanced and working classes.
Rask SMG is good to get into position very fast and for ranged fighting the Snipergun is the choice.
An AR would turn this class into just a twisted kind of Regenerator Class.
Regenerator is a ranged support class and fullfills the role very good. But Sniper has to get into positions isolated from the rest and needs the SMG to get there and defend itself from nearby enemis.
The mine is also good to cover your own back.
I dont know if the Heartbeat detector would help much. It would draw attention from your sniping targets...
I dont have Sniper on my list of classes that need a rework at all.

Class: Demolisher

This class could be improved with a different drug side from heavy. Liquidstone would probably be better as it doesn't give negative effects to your rockets! Which is highly important since the nerf!

Hmm, did I miss something? I thought drugs negative dmg effects do not reduce splash damage?

Class: Pyrotech
The SMG could use a bigger clip size. As innaccurate as it is while moving, going through a full clip isn't difficult to do.

I liked the Pyro too much to give up on it. I still feel like Sigma is the better SMG, but I got used to the Pyros new Silver&Smith. It has its advantages but loses vs Sigma in direct fight.
The only thing I would still wish for the Silver&Smith SMG was a reduction of the reloading time...

Class: Outlaw
Everybody seems to be using this combo on drugs + an lmg since the nerf of homing rockets. Kind of lame.

LooooL!
Outlaw needs the Incendiary Rounds replaced with RAI, Second Chance or Healing grenade. The low healing capabilties of this class are the biggste problem.
And please, dont bring back strong homing rockets EVER :)

Class: Bombardier
This class would be better with the grenades instead of the mines. Bombardier and not trapper - hint hint

Partially agree. I still use the Bombardier, but when I want Mines I use the Demolisher still....
The Bombardier is somewhat strange now... it does not know what it wants to be.
I still recommend changing the AR for an SMG.

Class: Terminator
With both drugs, you knock off too much on dmg of the weapons he does have. Kind of makes him useless to some degree. Terminator means that terminating should be the specialty, not resisting. A simple birth drug and howl would make this class more useful.

I enemies realise you barely deal any damage to them you are doomed with that class. It was once my favourite one, now I barely play it at all. Kinda hurts my sould, because it was the only class with a good surviveability...
But Solovey keeps ignoring all cries to help that class out of its pit of **** :(

Class: Smoker
Since the nerf, this class has virtually become useless. With the activation of birth, you get even less damage done by the homing rockets and that is even after the nerf of the homing rockets. Change the Birth drug to something that doesn't diminsh splash damage and change the rockets to a grenade launcher. or even change the rockets to the single fire rockets.

The class should get a complete workover with removing the mastiff.

Class: Brainiac
This class just begs ya to get up close and personal. Why it has a pistol baffles me as this really isn't an upclose weapon. This build is basically for campers that want the action to come to them. Change the pistol to an smg. Optional: Change the AR to a shotgun.

The AR is vital for that class. The Pistol.... well. SMGs are way better than every pistol. What bothers me is just the fact, that they use the same slot...
Still, changes to that class are not necessary IMO.

Class: Death Dealer
A DeathDealer with JellyJoy. Kind of counters the idea of what this character should be doing. Anyway, this character seems to center around healing to get up close and personal to make its kills. With a lack of range weapons for this class, invisibility instead of enhanced endurance and marion/howl/frenzy instead of jellyjoy would probably be better.....

This class needs Direct Injection System more than any class or custom build else.
It CRIES for DIS.
Remove Liquid Shield for DIS and all is good...
Btw: DIS without AUG suffices...

Class: Sticky Bomber
If this class was meant for a variation on pve, the radar could be removed for liquid armor or second chance.
If this class was meant to be universal, then it would be fine except for the Juato. Should be simply a medkit.
If this class was meant for pvp, flash bangs are almost useless to use as people usually can still see their radar, aiming reticule, health, and all of that. Changing it to liquid armor, auto-regenerator, or even Ambush Tactics would be better...

I tried to use that class for PvP. But it has way too many abilities that require activation. It really makes me struggle and forget half of them all the time. The class was buffed with last patch, but still is... I dont get warmed up with it.
Also, I dont see that Heartbeat detector has any relevance if not used with AUG :(

Class: Defender
"where is the class with the automatic weapon for those valuable corrosive rounds?" or rather "How am I supposed to be effective towards the speed part of assualters?" This class is only good if you can stop them entirely from getting the objective. If they already have the objective and running away, you are more likely to fail to stop them running away with that bag or flag... Needs an auto weapon of somesort....personal opinion.

Replace the Grenade Launcher with SMG = class is fine. I would even be fine with Silver&Smith SMG or a burst fire SMG.
Right now, the class is pretty weak, but still used by ppl for the GL.
Still sad that it is the only class with corrosive rounds.

Class: Tank
This is definitely one of the more difficult classes due to the bess. I understand the reason for putting bess on this class, but the difficulty lays with the lack of healing until you go into psp mode. Don't know exactly what can be done if anything for this class!

Bess is dead. The class does not need BESS.

Bess should be changed with CHIMERA. PsP should be removed for RAI and the AUG should be changed to EDF AUG.
Would make the class fit the latest META without making it Uber Strong or sth... Also ppl will hate the SMG and the class will require much skill and training with that weapon.

FatZombie
12-01-2012, 06:37 PM
The reason why I said the changes for the Sniper class:
It is a ranged combatant. Snipers are not trap artists or up-close specialties. The suggestions I made was more to make the class fit into its role rather than making it more useful. Using the invisibility gets you into position and the radar can help you "predict" where the enemy is coming to better help your sniping and also tells you if you should move. Granted, however, it doesn't really need a rework.

Negative effects:
If the drug says all damage, this also applies to splash damage. Birth for example......

Silver n Smith smg:
bigger clip size or perhaps faster reload time. Either way.....

Brainiac:
This class begs for up close and personal. An AR is vital to just about any builds. If the ar gets switched to shotgun, your pistol can then be used in medium ranged areas. If the pistol gets changed to an smg, well then, the class just got more useful. The turret, edf, and electric shield kind of makes this class a camper. So making it weak in range and making it specialized in close quarters......

All the other classes:
I either agree with you or don't really know much about them due to lack of having them.

Thank you for some of your insight. I would like to see the list that you made for possible reworks on the classes.

And please don't forget about the other stuff that I also mention. Don't wish to see this post just remain on classes for a topic of conversation.

OGNightHawk
12-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Jeebus.... every single change you wish to see with the preset classes is easily possible with no programming needed from the developers end. It's called Custom Classes.

As for the rest, you said something about spawns somewhere in that mess of text, and I do agree spawn protection and location mechanics could use more tweaking in order to make spawn camping impossible (death penalty for enemies camping in spawn areas?)

<censored>

tikulti
12-02-2012, 12:47 PM
You surely were not kidding with name of tread..Ok few comments on classes despite being their oponent.

Sniper: Why radar instead of mines? Do you ever play on sniper class (if yes i wonder how good). Mines are pretty usefull and skills are not sniper problem at all. Its sights which are horrible because too big zoom and make only i think lv 45 sniper usable (lv 3 have good sight too, but its level 3...). I also fail to see any logic in melee damage modify combat aug on class with 120 hp and no ES.

Smoker is broken partly because a hargan mastiff was made worsts and most useless weapon in game. I am pretty sure i could get much more kills with weapons nobody use like pistols, oslo satis smg or cabrese ar then with the mastiff. Birth is than final nail in coffin for this class.

Star rating need be invisible again, it simply motivate players to do spawncamping and nothing else because they want highest possible star rating. If you play lets say isopach roberry and if you defending you can get 20 kills, no dead, win the match, no bag get stolen from your safe and still your star rating might get down, because your team members spend 10 minutes of spawnkilling enemies and get 40-50 kills and additional points for some bags they eventually steal too. Your score wil be low compared to them and you will lose your rating. There is no need for complicated spawn protection, just dont reward players for spawncamping, but that is exactly what visible star rating do.

FatZombie
12-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Not everyone wishes to deal with the lobby crap in which to get their customs operational. And let's face it, that aspect of the game is waaaay to lengthy to those who want to play pvp more than stp. And you have to do a load of those to get what ya need. So zip it on the customs. Not everyone played or three years to get everything.... Also, didn't I say right at the beginning to avoid stupid comments like that?

I don't know if the penalty for spawn camping would work well considering some of the map sizes. However, something along the lines of nerfing the player as he gets more kills would help. Nice idea that could lead to other and perhaps better ideas....

Tikulti, the only reason why I threw out the sniper idea because it doesn't seem right to make a sniper a trapper.... No worries though. As I mentioned, I don't think it needs a tweak.

Smoker indeed is simply garbage due to the changes they last implemented. I do not understand the reasoning of them nerfing something like that. All it did was rip people off of 600k+. And for free to play players, that is easily enough to leave the game after all their efforts. They should have reworked that class to something viable for competition.... If they continue to makes changes in the items, equipment, and whatever else, all they are going to do is either keep the population down or eliminate them. People don't like being ripped off from their hard work. They bought stuff because they liked it. And changing it kind of rips them off.... Now, adding new stuff eliminates this feeling.

For example: If the RAI was op'd, instead of changing it, they could have made a special round to stop regenerating or even healing altogether for a short time period. Now you implemented something new without having to nerf a damn thing. Hence, the player doesn't get mad! hint hint...

I like your idea of invisible star rating. I prefer everything to be invisible in regards to level, star rating, and even the level of the drugs being used..... I think that some stuff is simply too much info. And also encourages people leaving with the offsets in the matchmaking..... So this change could be totally benificial. Nice idea!!!! :)

OGNightHawk
12-02-2012, 06:59 PM
What makes you think I "have everything" just because I have been playing for 3 years.

What makes you think hiding the star rating is going to change how people play. They will still have the star rating and still perform according to their star rating. Hiding the star rating will only add to the "hackusations" simply because a 27* will not know that someone in the match is a 37*. The offsets will still be there, it will just be hidden and cause more crap than it solves. Same goes for hiding the levels of drugs and boosts and player level.

You want a game that "hides" everything, you are looking for a simplified cookie cutter shooter, and that is not what Crime Craft is. Crime Craft has always been about progression, customization, and crafting. Take those away and you might as well be playing a cookie cutter class shooter.

FatZombie
12-03-2012, 04:45 PM
What makes you think I "have everything" just because I have been playing for 3 years.
I don't care if you have everything or not! The fact of the matter is that you enjoy working with customs. I don't. I don't care to do all that lobby stuff with professions and junk in such a heavy degree. So did a great deal of others (of which due to the changes they may have walked already). So either participate in offering ideas of making the classes useful, coming up with new ideas, and that kind of thing rather than ridicule others for their ideas.

What makes you think hiding the star rating is going to change how people play. They will still have the star rating and still perform according to their star rating. Hiding the star rating will only add to the "hackusations" simply because a 27* will not know that someone in the match is a 37*. The offsets will still be there, it will just be hidden and cause more crap than it solves. Same goes for hiding the levels of drugs and boosts and player level.

I was wrestling with that idea too. But hiding the level, star rating, etc... might create less focus on the fairness of matchmaking since it is still flawed (perhaps due to the other aspects of the game)..... Also, it might stop this enormous amount of people leaving matches to avoid star rating drops and all of that.... Anyway, this is a complicated issue sure enough. Points are good on both sides that were brought to attention.

You want a game that "hides" everything, you are looking for a simplified cookie cutter shooter, and that is not what Crime Craft is. Crime Craft has always been about progression, customization, and crafting. Take those away and you might as well be playing a cookie cutter class shooter.

Did I once say "I want a cookie cutter!" No I didn't! So knock that off! I am not looking for a Cookie Cutter as I don't bake foods!

Anyway, I know it SHOULD be about progression, customization, and crafting. However, due to certain issues and the game lacking a player base, other ideas should be incorporated to build that player base up again. Even if it means making drastic changes as it is apparent that whatever is going on isn't working to keep or build the player base. If you bothered to read the 1st post in its entirety, you would see that I have identified a great amount of smaller flaws in the game that take a great deal away from crafting as well as attempt to identify other problems.

CptSolo
12-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Seriously what's with the endless posts?

Srsrly, what is with your mindless picture spamming? A mod should have shut you down long ago...

@Topic:

Starrating HAS to be hidden again or revamped to be more intelligent.
Games are still full of Gladtrolls playing for Stars only.

IMPORTANT: Leaving games should cost you 1-2 stars automatically. Ppl keep leaving games short before they end to save their stars.

OGNightHawk
12-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Three things that could help very much to increase the population.

1. Localized Servers - Fair playing grounds for everyone.

2. Advertising - Players advertise to their friends but more advertisement on Mayn/Vogster's part would be a welcome sight.

3. GM Presence in game - A stronger and more regular GM presence with interaction within the community would help in the ongoing battle to identify and deal with cheaters as well as boost community moral.

Of course the localized servers are one of the biggest issues in that there is a cost but with advertisement and GM presence and interaction it will make for a more friendly environment and players who experience a fun and friendly environment have more of a tendency to recruit new players as well as support the game with the purchase of premium subs and cash shop items thus creating a revenue that can build towards the purchase of new server locations to support the fair play of a growing community.

Also Zombie, don't get me wrong, although I am of the old school crowd that cut our teeth on the custom class, I do have some presets spread over a few of my toons and I do enjoy playing the ones I have so far and I am working to get more. In time I will own at least one of each, and so far, I have not had any issues with the ones I do have and enjoy working on learning the mechanics, strengths and weaknesses of each. Some may find them more difficult but that is simply because the mechanics of each and the situations they work best in are very specific and it is because of their restrictions that most have trouble playing them. It all comes down to the specific situations and player styles that they were designed around. Not everyone is going to be able to use every preset effectively without going through the process of trial and error. Also, I do have a few customs that are direct results of playing a preset and basing a custom build of of a specific preset setup with a few things tweaked to my own preferences.

FatZombie
12-04-2012, 02:39 AM
Localized servers: sounds great! Big problem though. Where are all the US or local people? Oh yeah, they checked the game out, played until they found all the flaws in the game, and moved on..... I would have to say that they need to drastically change many aspects of the game before they promote again. Otherwise, all you will get is a spike in population and shortly after another population problem..... It has happened already in the past, and with nothing new and/or with no drastic changes, this will assuredly happen again....

Advertising: Also sounds great! Again, the problem with maintaining the new potentials players and keeping them around is a big issue.

GM presence kind of goes along with the localized servers. It just wouldn't be cost effective to put them on the US realm due to the low population. So why would they have a localized server?

The first thing is to look at your own game! You need to know all the flaws with the game and fix them. They once said that everything was playtested and equal. Whether this is true or not, I don't know. But I do know that a great deal of changes were made to many things in the game in the last year to rob people of what they worked for. However, nothing in the last year was really new for pve, abilities, drugs, missions, maps, etc... Adding BM clothes was about the only thing that seemed to be really new. The essence sounded interesting, but since that is only more of what is already out there, it doesn't give the new stuff much credit as it doesn't really feel new.

What I am saying is that there really isn't anything being put into the game saying they wish to keep us as players, but rather trying to demoralize the players that are already there.... New stuff for f2p players is also needed on occasion. Not always for the paying players. Remember, keeping the f2p players is valuable as they should be the bulk of the community.... Those f2p players might even drop a few dollars into the game even..... But if you can't hold on to them or treat them like crap, they will find a game that gives more value to their players.

I am not mocking the dev's on this post or any other post on this topic. Just trying to get them to think outside the box a little bit and perhaps even encourage bigger and better ideas! As it stands the way it is, the game is fizzling....

Zachman
12-14-2012, 07:38 AM
I would like to see the SIgma 6 given back to the Pyrotech, and the Wolf and Maus given back to the PvE Crab.

Zachman
12-14-2012, 07:39 AM
I told them long time ago to merchandise and advertise. They shot that down pretty fast