PDA

View Full Version : Great Idea?

FatZombie1
10-11-2012, 06:01 AM
What do you all think of this idea?

The dev's or gm's or whatever they are called. They would make a temporary site (or use this one if they can) to make a voting session for all those wishing to vote....

And make the voting on what we would like to see on the classes.... I will provide an example on the bottom of this.
Anyway, I think something like this could be good for two reasons. One is for the developers. They get to know what weapons that most people favor easier and possibly easier. If they need that anyway. The second thing would be that it would possibly make it seem that they truly listen to us and make the classes in the way that we vote.

Can the developers please respond to this and let me and perhaps many others know how they like the idea? I am hoping that everyone might like it.

Let me use the Soldier class to avoid discussions from flying somewhere else than what this topic is supposed to be:
What the dev's would do is pick two weapons from the categories they feel would be fitting to the class. The reason why i say this is that the bulk of the people would always pick the sigma smg for every possible class that an smg can be equipped. So the dev's would still be have some control on the issue.

There is numerous drugs out there so the Dev's in the below example would pick 5 drugs for each slot and let us vote on them.

There is limited options for abilities to pertain to a specific class. So this part might be a bit more difficult to let us vote on. Some classes may be more feasable than others. This would be entirely up to the Dev's to decide. Well, pretty much everything is up to the Dev's to decide I guess, but I only meant if they chose to follow along with this.

I don't know enough about the new things such as gang buffs and all that to classes, but maybe it should be considered as well to be added to the bottom of the list.

Soldier Class
Smg options
Smg option 1
Smg Option 2
Pistol Option 1
Pistol Option 2

Assualt Rifle Options
Assualt Rifle Option 1
Assualt Rifle Option 2
Shotgun Option 1
Shotgun Option 2

1st slot Drug Options
Drug option 1
Drug Option 2
Drug Option 3
Drug Option 4
Drug Option 5

2nd slot Drug Options
Drug Option 1
Drug Option 2
Drug Option 3
Drug Option 4
Drug Option 5

Ability slot 1
Ability 1
Ability 2

Ability slot 2
Ability 1
Ability 2

Ability slot 3
Ability 1
Ability 2

Additional Options:
etc...

Atypical
10-11-2012, 06:20 AM
No one is gonna be happy unless they get their sigmas back on their class...

Solovey
10-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Does anyone remember what happened when Vogster decided to make a poll to determine tournament maps and game mode about a year and half ago?
We take community feedbacks into accounts, believe it or not, but we won't rely on any poll results.

FatZombie1
10-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Does anyone remember what happened when Vogster decided to make a poll to determine tournament maps and game mode about a year and half ago?
We take community feedbacks into accounts, believe it or not, but we won't rely on any poll results.

oh, I don't know about the stuff a year and a half ago as I wasn't around then. And yeah, I know you guys read the posts. Wasn't sure if it was a great idea or not, so I was looking for feedback. Thanks Solovey.

OGNightHawk
10-11-2012, 10:33 AM

Yep.

Doesn't matter what you do or why you did it or the number of people that are happy about it, there will always be a few grouchy people who feel the need to b*tch about it on the forums.

5 people may be angry about changes, but that does not mean that 105 people are not happy with those changes.

CptSolo
10-11-2012, 10:37 AM

@FatZombie: do you notice how Solovey completly ignores 90% of your post and just writes something about your side note about polls? That is how he does it all the time.
Still I have to agree with him. Polls are not a good option to rely on them solely. I would like to see polls, but with the info, that they are only there to measure communities preferences and not to decide future development alone.

What you are proposing here is not a new Idea. I proposed such "custom options for classes" not long after they were introduced about 1 year ago. Solovey said such things will never happen.
I think that is a bad idea, because it would make the game more attractive, but I cant help a guy who sticks his fingers in his ears.

@Solovey: you see, ppl have ideas and they are often arround things I already suggested long ago. Why you keep completly ignoring that stuff?
I will never understand why a small customization option for classes, at least for the weapons, is such a bad idea?
Since you work so hard onit, all weapons are in perfect balance now anyway. Or not? :)

Let ppl chose their own individual gun on their classes in each category. (decide which AR, which SMG, which RL and so on).
Make it expensive to change the weapon. (like 200k?) I know, its still not the price of a fully attached gun, but we are still talking of classes with a relativly small power level compared to even weak customs :)

EDIT: It could even be a gold coins only option on classes. So you can get a "premium class" with gold coins and the option to switch the weapons within their given category freely once every week or so...

Btw: this would help the classes more than your idea of giving the option to get classes with 50 level boosts. A retarded setup does not get so much better just because its lvl 50 stuff. Also ppl would never update retarded class setups in the first place, just to make it at least not a pain in the ass anymore.

OGNightHawk
10-11-2012, 10:45 AM
You can completely customize a class to your liking.... It is called the CUSTOM CLASS.

Also, any person on the forums can start topics with polls. Simply use the "Add Poll" function when creating a topic.

CptSolo
10-11-2012, 11:03 AM
You can completely customize a class to your liking.... It is called the CUSTOM CLASS.

Also, any person on the forums can start topics with polls. Simply use the "Add Poll" function when creating a topic.

Please Nighthawk, stop beeing as retarded as gladjolt who just trolls in this board in the first place.
Ppl who just plain hate the concept of classes in the first place should just not post in these threads but make their own with the suggestion to REMOVE them from the game.

And NO. Custom PROFILE is not a Custom CLASS for many reasons. But somehow you and Gladnoob are resistant to that insight.

Oh, but hey, why not give players the option to DOWNGRADE their Custom profile to be a class profile?
1. You make a custom profile you like with the limiations of classes (lvl 50 blue clothes, weapons and attachs, lvl 3 abilities, lvl 30 boosts, lvl 50 green ammo, two guns).
2. You pay a certain amount of silver and or gold coins. Maybe even the whole cost of a usual class profile.
3. your custom profile becomes playable like a class, can be equiped in class profiles, but cannot be changed ever again.
4. MAYBE others could be allowed to INSPECT you, select a custom class profile and can click a BUY Option :)

xD
Just let me get rid of repairing, trading, boost searching and wasting my time with all that stuff in the same time :)
I want to enter game. Play battles. Leave the game. Thx.

Pros wouldnt use that option anyway. Having two weapons and only lvl 30 boosts would make them cry xD

Solovey
10-11-2012, 12:20 PM
The fact that we leave most of your comment without a response doesn't mean that we don't take them into consideration.
Reading player feedbacks, analyzing them and implementing some (even if only few) of them is our main focus as a development company as long as our goal is make the game better.
However answering to most players' posts and suggestions takes too much time, especially when taking into account the fact that our responses induce players to ask even more, suggest even more and wait for even more responses. We would happily communicate with your a lot, but I prefer to use that time to implement something in the game.

OGNightHawk
10-11-2012, 02:50 PM
The fact that we leave most of your comment without a response doesn't mean that we don't take them into consideration.
Reading player feedbacks, analyzing them and implementing some (even if only few) of them is our main focus as a development company as long as our goal is make the game better.
However answering to most players' posts and suggestions takes too much time, especially when taking into account the fact that our responses induce players to ask even more, suggest even more and wait for even more responses. We would happily communicate with your a lot, but I prefer to use that time to implement something in the game.

+++++++++

CptSolo
10-11-2012, 06:03 PM

Well. But when I read the patch notes I can see that you did not take them into consideration.
And when u spent so much time on implementing stuff, why does it take forever to get balance fixes?

It took even half a year until classes could change their face make up.
It took one year before new custom clothes were finally introduced.
It will take another year until probably at least 75% of the classes become playable on a regular basis.

So, sorry, I cannot believe you.
I think you read the stuff, dont like it because it was not your idea and still put up your own mess.
And what you do with your time? I really pray that you develop CrimeCraft 2 or else there was no explanation for nothing happening for so long :)

FatZombie1
10-11-2012, 06:30 PM
CptSolo, I like the idea of that class proposition above. But I also have to look at what it might do in other areas. One is that something like this will definitely hurt the auction house. Another is Figuring out a price. My idea would be that if you use the made class is that you don't make anything from the match that you used him in. And you only can rent this class that you made for a week at 100k (f2p players), 200k for subscription, 300k for premium. The reason for this price change to limit and not discourage people from using them. There should be in no way that someone should be able to pay for these everyweek regardless of whether you invested or not. But is still just as available to all players.... This option of course could be bought with gold bars for a week as well....

Anyway, as much as I like this idea, I definitely think the idea would get the community all riled up.....

FatZombie1
10-11-2012, 06:36 PM
@CptSolo.

I actually think Solovey answered it pretty good. He gave me the impression of a negative feeling in the first sentence without slamming and gave me a direct answer on the second half.

To me, he didn't need to say more. And I kind of have to agree with Solovey. When they respond to something, it often leads to a bigger discussion from the players or harrassment. Can't say i am 100% innocent. However, I do like to be heard! lol

imLuCaS
10-12-2012, 01:37 AM
nice post. Good to see you read us.

By the way, Solovey, any idea when/how to fix the lag spikes on US-Jericho server? This is special terrible during 1st tournament...

OGNightHawk
10-12-2012, 09:30 AM
http://forums.mayngames.com/showthread.php?83951-Announcement-Server-side-hot-fix-and-more-custom-clothing!-(12-Oct-2012)&goto=newpost#post811139

CptSolo
10-13-2012, 10:03 AM
CptSolo, I like the idea of that class proposition above. But I also have to look at what it might do in other areas. One is that something like this will definitely hurt the auction house. Another is Figuring out a price. My idea would be that if you use the made class is that you don't make anything from the match that you used him in. And you only can rent this class that you made for a week at 100k (f2p players), 200k for subscription, 300k for premium. The reason for this price change to limit and not discourage people from using them. There should be in no way that someone should be able to pay for these everyweek regardless of whether you invested or not. But is still just as available to all players.... This option of course could be bought with gold bars for a week as well....

Anyway, as much as I like this idea, I definitely think the idea would get the community all riled up.....

I m bored of that Auction House argument.
I play since August 2011 and I did not notive any major changes in auction house since that after classes were introduced.
What hurt the auction house more is:
- club items bind on pickup
- Auction time still only 48 hours

The classes do nothing to hurt economy. Its just a lie. (btw, you can show some statistics on that if you have such. But I doubt that even Development has such insights... so what?).

From my Feeling, AH is still the same. If I feel like investing time I can still sell my stuff easy. What is more difficult now is finding Boosts, because you have to use the buggy clubs for that now urself.

OGNightHawk
10-13-2012, 11:02 AM
AH used to have continuous activity back when there was no such thing as preset classes, now ridiculous prices by greedy players trying to make a profit after a serious decline in AH activity (occurred at the time classes were introduced *surprise*) scares people from buying, as well as making them think it is retardedly expensive to run a custom.

Educate yourself on the system and you will see that it is only expensive if you are a player running 5+ profiles almost all of which are equipped with tourney "gold coin" gear. Been here for 3 years and can afford the upkeep on any character I have regardless of whether it is a free account or premium account, have no trouble with my crafting and sell my stuff all the time.

And for those saying class upkeep is expensive.... really? I have a class I am working on right now who has had the honor of being matched against level 50s, the character is on my free account, is running a rank 4 class and has an upkeep of around $196 per match. Given I pull in over 500 (never below 400$) per match, I still cannot see what everyone's problem is.... unless you count the problem that running this class I never have to buy from the in game economy or keep crafters employed...... Oh and for the record this character is also below level 15.

CptSolo
10-13-2012, 12:16 PM
AH used to have continuous activity back when there was no such thing as preset classes, now ridiculous prices by greedy players trying to make a profit after a serious decline in AH activity (occurred at the time classes were introduced *surprise*) scares people from buying, as well as making them think it is retardedly expensive to run a custom.

Educate yourself on the system and you will see that it is only expensive if you are a player running 5+ profiles almost all of which are equipped with tourney "gold coin" gear. Been here for 3 years and can afford the upkeep on any character I have regardless of whether it is a free account or premium account, have no trouble with my crafting and sell my stuff all the time.

And for those saying class upkeep is expensive.... really? I have a class I am working on right now who has had the honor of being matched against level 50s, the character is on my free account, is running a rank 4 class and has an upkeep of around $196 per match. Given I pull in over 500 (never below 400$) per match, I still cannot see what everyone's problem is.... unless you count the problem that running this class I never have to buy from the in game economy or keep crafters employed...... Oh and for the record this character is also below level 15.

Misinformation about AH.
I want to remind you of 1kk prices for some stuff.
Greedy players existed all times.
Actualy situation on materials and equip on AH does not appear to be any differenct except for ammo/boost from clubs missing badly.

And: when u have problems maintaining 5+ custom profiles. Run Class Profiles :)