PDA

View Full Version : Nerf Sigma SMG

CptSolo
09-24-2012, 10:38 AM
I really hate to make this thread, because Sigma is my favourite weapon in CrimeCraft since I first started playing :(

But lately I really see the Sigma without exception on all custom-RAI-noob builds and in combination with Howl its just a ridiculous weapon.

Using it is so easy and when you are good with it, you can use Sigma in so many roles, both in CQC or ranged combat. Also 75% of all class profiles die like instant to Sigma (a fact from which I both profit and suffer *g*)
Still my new custom build has nothing but a Sigma, and its totally sufficient and can even deal with those 50% light resist trolls due to maximum movement speed.

My suggestion:

- reduce range
and/or
- reduce accuracy
and/or
- even increase reloading time

Sigma is a strong weapon and should remain like that with high ROF with adequate damage, big clip size, super short reload time and such. But it should really have a drawback, like at least one or both mentioned above.

Rask SMG has high damage, but small clip size and an eternal reload time, compared with a low ROF and bad accuracy compared to other SMG, rendering it nearly useless without damage boost to exploit the high base dmg.

Wolf&Maus SMG is useless, because SG2 fullfills the same role and is better both in CQC and ranged. Taking W&M SMG just blocks the vital light weapon slot...

The other SMGs are not worth mentioning, they are only situational weapons and very build dependend (soldier, day tripper are good examples for a valuable use of valley forge. While in both cases a Sigma would do the same job twice as good due to super fast reload).

Nerfing the Sigma will open up the light weapons slot for more variety. Also the permanent, epileptic strafing would be reduced, because you have to focus more on aiming/controlling the weapon...

It would hurt my heart if Sigma was nerfed, but I would also feel reliefed from that facepalm all the time.
The nerf should not be connected to "Howl/RAI" nerf. Its vital to do that to improve balance of the SMGs.

@Solovey: I think many ppl will now cry and flame that a Sigma nerf is unnecessary. But like with the Hargan Bulldog and the Rask LMG I think its time to slightly nerf the next most commonly spammed weapon.

Septimus
09-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Wolf&Maus SMG is useless, because SG2 fullfills the same role and is better both in CQC and ranged. Taking W&M SMG just blocks the vital light weapon slot...

Don't talk bad about this SMG if you only use it for a few times. You also forgot the differences between SMG and AR. The SMG hit the most when enemy light def is poor and the SG2 hit the most when enemy med def is poor. They play the same roles, but they hit the different resistant is what makes them lethal. If you only focus on light or med, you are screw.
Do not forgot wolf are the most balances weapon out there compare to the rest, allowing it to work effectively irregardless of distances. My main character only use wolf smg and it's capable to mow down any opponent easily at med and long range distances which is something that are difficult to be done with sigma once inawhile.

Nerfing the Sigma will open up the light weapons slot for more variety. Also the permanent, epileptic strafing would be reduced, because you have to focus more on aiming/controlling the weapon...

Everybody would just switch to silver & smith while a small minority would use wolf instead.

It would hurt my heart if Sigma was nerfed, but I would also feel reliefed from that facepalm all the time.

I don't think sigma nerf was necessary, it is the other smg that need improvement. Exeter Noyau for example have a very horrible reloading period while the damage are not worth the risk.

Solovey
09-24-2012, 12:59 PM
I don't think sigma nerf was necessary, it is the other smg that need improvement. Exeter Noyau for example have a very horrible reloading period while the damage are not worth the risk.
This.

We are going to reveal more info about SMG review soon. ;)

OGNightHawk
09-24-2012, 01:13 PM
This.

:D

Loki52
09-24-2012, 01:53 PM
well i mainly use the Raskol-SMG and always have BIRTH equipped... so if i see someone with the Sigma i feel sorry for him :)

just because a lot of ppl use a certain gun should automatically lead to it being nerfed!!! DEVs should review if it might be overpowered, and then nerf it, but not because its the favored weapon of a lot of ppl!!!

CptSolo
09-24-2012, 03:20 PM
This.

Well, this is another possible solution ofc :)
Looking forward to read more.

EDIT:
Still would like to see a minor adjustment of Sigmas stats.
I think even with a possible buff/rework of other SMGs, Sigma still combines too many strengths and practically no weakness at all.
That is why I doubt a change of other SMGs would really make more of a choice.
I agree it worked for the LMGs, but with the consequence that one facepalm (Rask) was replaced with a nother (Wolf/Maus LMG).

Sometimes a nerf is better than to give all others more power.

Akas
09-25-2012, 07:09 AM
I agree Sigma is definately the choice of SMG since Crimecraft launch for 90% of the games population, and that's a shame. I don't see anyone rocking handguns at all... that's a shame too. Crimecraft have to make handguns worth the risk or make them all fully automatic.

OGNightHawk
09-25-2012, 07:24 AM
Full Auto Handguns defeat the purpose of the handgun. The skill factor needed to make a single shot weapon effective is what makes them unique. Case in point, people who completely fail with single shot weapons and need some sort of "assistance" to make it rapid fire or full auto. Hello Cabrese Fulc Lamers!

I agree though that some of the other SMG's could use some tweaking to make them more attractive and widen the range of SMG's being used in the game.

CptSolo
09-25-2012, 05:22 PM
Full Auto Handguns defeat the purpose of the handgun. The skill factor needed to make a single shot weapon effective is what makes them unique. Case in point, people who completely fail with single shot weapons and need some sort of "assistance" to make it rapid fire or full auto. Hello Cabrese Fulc Lamers!

I agree though that some of the other SMG's could use some tweaking to make them more attractive and widen the range of SMG's being used in the game.

You just said that all the so called top tier players are noobs, because they dont use pistols.
If they are so skilled like they say and not exploiting, like they do, so why do I not see them own everything dead with their pistols?

Maybe also using a pistol with aimbot would be much to obvious, hmmm.

Atypical
09-28-2012, 05:21 PM
Umm... W+M smg is definitely not useless, I use it and I pwn with it.