PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Management #103

Shaf
05-16-2012, 03:08 AM
Original Questions Thread: http://forums.mayngames.com/showthread.php?74808

Participate in the SS of the week contest and walk away with a reindeer mount. Sounds good? Head down to http://forums.mayngames.com/forumdisplay.php?37-Creations

SSOTW: 8-14 May 2012

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-eZootrgBCEo/T7HQ_elugfI/AAAAAAAAAMA/1t32Zgx_8aY/s600/s00100.jpg

"with this flag proclaim this land as mine !"" by RosWeLL1
ed. With this SS, the mount is yours as well!

Questions & Answers

Qn 1.when are monster spawn events ?

Currently we only have VGM Monster Spawn events and we had one last week. Please check the event calendars to get updates on these events.http://www.mayngames.com/event/calendar/1
VGM Monster Spawns do not have a regular schedule.

Qn 2.are u planning skirmish event for May ?

Yes, and we will post this in our announcement page today.

Qn 3.If we prove that there are enough english speaking players(poll) in Karahan Orhangzi would you consider realising the english patch?

No, unfortunately it is never about that. We cannot blur the lines between Karahan and TwelveSky 2 Please refer to the Qns 4 & 10 in a previous thread http://forums.mayngames.com/showthread.php?74818

Qn 4.How you doing Shaf?

I'm a bit knackered, but pretty good; thank you for asking

Qn 5. Would applying as a english speaking vgm for KaraHan even have any chance to success?

If you happen to be a natural in Turkish too, I would say your chances are pretty decent, hypothetically. But we don't have VGMs in Karahan at the moment

Qn 6. Can we get something like guild/house storage implemented ?

No. Even though it might seem like a good idea initially, having a common storage for a group of players is tantamount to exposing our players to scamming cases. As a general rule, we would not condone, much less be an architect to any common inventory system.

Qn 7. Why elixirs dont work (I mean snow, heart, blaze, ice) in wars ? What's the point with it ?

Elixirs work in invasion and PVMs but not wars to prevent 'war-sitters' from unbalancing the game further

Qn 8. Can you "turn on" elixirs in war or only ALT1 can do it with patch ?

Elixirs will not be turned on in wars because of the reasons in Qn 7

Qn 9. what are items like Yumurta (egg?) in karahan ?

The 'egg' was a leftover for the Summer Food Festival. There were 4 Food Types that were dropped during the Summer Food Festival and 'Yumurta' is one of them. They can be combined to create the Cultural Turkish Delight, which can be opened for Phoenix Pills. A bug in March 2012 cause it to appear again, causing an eggscruciating confusion

Qn 10. can you ask sammy if he wants to play some FPS against me ? fps means first person shooter like counter strike source :P

Sam will "cream you 100 to 0."

Qn 11. "Female snake saber 8th skill got no animation when used since long time (yes, my skill effect on)--- was ALT1 not able to fix it>We have reported this to ALT1 quite some time in the past, but have not received any news on this"Will/Can you report it once more again now?

No, we will not report this once again as Wargod Skill is not officially implemented in TwelveSky 2, but rather as something that we implemented for our players.

Qn 12. Still no news about R10-R12 map?

We will update players once we know if we are getting those maps

Qn 13. Are you able to make Apocaliptic Cave personal?

If Apoc Cave becomes a personal map, then players would make their trip there into a routine, through the same path, killing the same monsters everyday. But a shared Apoc Cave would be more interesting since you never know is someone had killed Centaurs before, even though the Spawn locations are fixed.

Qn 14. Do vgms have permission to access players's acc info?

No, VGM's have restricted power in this area. They do not have the ability to view your password or account name.

Qn 15.Will D lvls ever be introduced in the new karahan server? i hope not since it will lower the population of the server since every1 has their own D lvl on another server and are only playing it for A33

That is subject to which would be better and more popular for our players. Please refer Qn 3 in this thread http://forums.mayngames.com/showthread.php?74818

Qn 16.Does 15% mounts work on A1-A33 on the new karahan server?

15% Mounts cannot be activated on < D1 characters. There is a bug that allows certain mounts to be activated, but this bug will be fixed soon and players with < D1 characters but 15% mounts will have those mounts extracted, so any exploitation now would be useless

Qn 17. If the 2 leading candidates for Clan Leader election gets the exactly same votes at the end, who will be the next Clan Leader?

The candidate with the higher CP will get the position

Qn 17. Can you improve bonuses from having the Clan Stones in order to liven up HSBs? Like cash bonuses for each D1+ clan member on daily basis and maybe some pet, exp bonuses for A1+ ppl. Or just anything.Cause now 10 ppl on each side participates and that is all. Or maybe just make it earlier? Maybe it is too late...

Please post your suggestions for HSB in the in-game service polls. If it gets enough votes, we will consider implementing it. We will not be able to give cash bonuses on a daily basis though.

Qn 18. Can you change also time of Muo outpost? Same situation... the R0-R12 Muo max 50 players attend.

Previously, Muo outpost was at 8pm GMT. A popularity poll shows that most players preferred to change the time to 9.30pm so that they can participate after the HSB. If you think that this should be changed, propose a new times slot and put it up in our polls

Qn 19. In one of the threads Tenmagnet said you have 10% more players than in a preceding year at the same period of year. Is it 10% more players, chars existing on the server or actually active players, who log in, attend wars, contribute to the gameplay in any other way than just improving statistics?

Those calculations are based on the Average Concurrent Users (CCU), which is the number of users logged in and playing the game at any point in time, e.g. (100 Users at 10:39 hours GMT, 2nd July 2010 (this is of course, just an example). The exact details are confidential

Qn 20. Will we get last patch fixed anytime soon? (Elixir Chests)

We have sent a bug report to ALT1, and we will implement a fix once we receive a reply. In the meantime we will keep doing the Elixir Chest CP Contest.

Qn 21. Will we get new patch this month?

Yes, there is one coming this month, and it is a pretty exciting patch. Please check out our Sneak Peek section to get the latest updates http://forums.mayngames.com/showthread.php?75198

Qn 22. How about some Skirmish War Event to liven up wars? Last one ended 10 days ago.

We will be posting an announcement on the war event shortly. Do look out for them

Qn 23. Will we get some Reinforce Event soon? If yes, will it be new type of event (3% free) or preferred by majority old one (6% free)?

We will be switching back to the old 6% one as the participation for the 3% is low. However we would not be revealing the dates for such events

Qn 24. Any news on WL2 gear to give 'maxed' players new goal and drag them back from Karahan's new server to Equinox?

Yes, you might want to check this out http://forums.mayngames.com/showthread.php?75198

Despite
05-16-2012, 09:14 AM
Qn 10. can you ask sammy if he wants to play some FPS against me ? fps means first person shooter like counter strike source :P

sammy is brave on forums,he wont beat me in an FPS even tho im a rookie ;p

Despite
05-16-2012, 09:19 AM
Qn 6. Can we get something like guild/house storage implemented ?

No. Even though it might seem like a good idea initially, having a common storage for a group of players is tantamount to exposing our players to scamming cases. As a general rule, we would not condone, much less be an architect to any common inventory system.

in lotro we had more than 30 members in guild,we have all known each other,we had guild storage with expensive items in it and none even dared to steal them.
what im saying is that you COULD implement it it DOESNT means everyone must use it...
besides it can be used as a sub vault for items such as mats and celestine stones.
but to be honest a house that knows each and one of his members wont be afraid about this function.

NightHawk
05-16-2012, 09:22 AM

sammy is brave on forums,he wont beat me in an FPS even tho im a rookie ;p
I suggest you start downloading Repulse then and we play a round :D

Despite
05-16-2012, 10:02 AM
I suggest you start downloading Repulse then and we play a round :D
that game is baaaaaad

Diacon
05-16-2012, 09:25 PM
Qn 5. Would applying as a english speaking vgm for KaraHan even have any chance to success?

If you happen to be a natural in Turkish too, I would say your chances are pretty decent, hypothetically. But we don't have VGMs in Karahan at the moment
No VGMs, no problems.