PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Management #94

Shaf
03-14-2012, 07:08 AM
Original Questions Thread: http://forums.mayngames.com/showthread.php?72059-Interview-94-Questions-Thread

SSOTW: 8-13 March 2012

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-KoCfNcA6Mk4/T2BC4tWktjI/AAAAAAAAABk/FcnnpFkvzMc/s640/mcpt12.jpg

"Mega Guard, sent by Lord Seto at Wondering City " by F0rEvER

Questions & Answers

Q1 What do you think of the progress I've made with the Defense Weapon as a main weapon? Pretty nice right? (i kno you guys are monitoring my progress to see if i can really pull it off at endgame lol)

Awesome! but that does not qualify as a question.

Q2 Can you let players choose which server of KaraHan they want their characters to be transferred to? at the moment you'll decide to shut down Equinox and transfer everyone over there.

There are no plans to shut down Equinox. As mentioned in Interview #93, the license contract negotiations are still ongoing, and we will give everyone ample notice on what is going to happen once the contract has been finalized.

We will take your suggestion for Server to Server transfers into consideration for game balancing purposes. This will just be an extension of our existing Cross Clan Transfer System.

Q3 Could you consider opening a new server on KaraHan because many people i talked with said they will come back playing on MAYN if everyone would start from the scratch.

Opening a new server has potential to drain existing servers of their players, irrevocably damaging ingame player activity levels. If we open a new server, it will most definitely be accompanied by advertising, server launch events, and we will also need your help in spreading the news!

With that said, opening a new server will not happen just because many people you talked with said they would come back.

Q4. if you would open a new server on KaraHan will you consider making a33 the highest level and the max?

This is feasible even without ALT1's assistance, as we can just activate a de-level character service, and turn off all Deity level maps so there would be no point in leveling up to Deity Levels.

However, opening a new server with different parameters from the other servers would mostly likely impact activity on those servers as well. So such changes to level cap will need to be done carefully.

Q5. I know its pointless to ask because you probably didn't even bother considering bringing back TS1 from the first place but any news about it?

Regretfully not.

Q6. Are we going to be informed when the server is closing?

As mentioned in Interview #93, you will be given at least 2 months notice on the impact of the contract negotiation.

Q7 Did u consider to close this server anytime soon?

No.

Q8 Would it be possible to merge our server with karahan?

As mentioned in Interview #93, this is possible.

Q9 If so how long would it take for you to transfere all ther info/characters?

If we do a server merge, the transfer will be instantaneously done during server maintenance. So players will log on with all characters transferred.

Q10 since all talk about karahan now i'll put a question to. What is the ACP of karahan server 1 and 2?

Server 1 ACP: https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-hjLNOsCY2cs/T2AhmlSvcoI/AAAAAAAABEE/0mjFfBFbdos/s493/kh-server1.png
Server 2 ACP: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-B2RBa6N3ctA/T2ANdbTX1dI/AAAAAAAABDs/8-ReXRsiNp0/s493/kh-server2.png

Q11 You ever thought some player given u right advice never accomplished?

We understand your frustration, as it is our concern here at MAYN Interactive. Every decision was weighted with multiple considerations. So although we appreciate those advise, they might not have been implement for less obvious reasons such as in-game technical limitations.

Q12 You ever done a sort of mea culpa about the situation of this game?

I believe that most players in-game are having fun, and all feedback from GMs and VGMs (who represent the players) show that most players are happy with the game. We have always tried to implement player's ideas and suggestions, within existing limitations.

Q13how much lincense cost for this game?

That information is confidential, much apologies.

Q14if this game close and no transfer to karahan can u all active players put to max level and give them 150% purple to have last epic war?

There is a lot of presumptions in the question, but if it comes to that then we might implement a last hurrah

Q15 Can u guys rollback to old deity instance?

No, unfortunately.

Q16 Does the reinf on your gear or the CS count in the bonus for the warlord sets?

No

Q17 This few more days is 2 weeks now. Can you subtract them already?

There was a bug in this issue. We will get around to fixing it, thank you for your patience

Q18 any chance on a 144 to 150% rf promo ^^ ?

Not at all.

Q19 Could we just send some ticket now to transfer to karahan instead of waiting for the shutdown?

If we are doing a transfer, we would be doing it for everybody at the same time, so there is no need to send tickets

Q20 At the moment nothing is worth spending cp on at cp exchange list. The prices are way to high, if you compare it to what its worth in silver. Please dont say the list is there to have an alternative way to obtain items, because 1,5 mil cp to get emp isnt alternative. So my question is, can you tweak the cp amount on the items there?

We have increased the permanent CP Events active in the game every month, and we believe that players are able to acquire sufficient CP to redeem the things that they really want from the CP Exchange.

As the CP Exchange has been around for years, there will inevitably be items that are overpriced. If you want to change any one particular exchange option, please suggest a poll in the Suggest An InGame Service Poll Event.

Q21 Whats the % rate of turning a normal elite into a warlord elite?

Please refer to the official player guide http://forums.mayngames.com/showthread.php?39854/url]

[U]Q22 Do you have any more information from ALT1 regarding the contract for our server TS2?

As mentioned, any news regarding contract negotiations with ALT1 will be revealed once it becomes available

Q23 Do you have any more information from ATL1 regarding the contract for the Karahan server?

See answer to as Question 22

Q24 Can you explain why the Karahan server are talking about opening a new server? Is this because of the possible merge?

The third server was introduced to Karahan in mid-February 2012. It has yet to be opened as we are planning to pair the launch with an advertising campaign. However, this has been delayed pending the license extension negotiation.

Q25 Whats a mystery item this time ? cos if its 10% mount again, shouldnt it be called just 10% random mount ?

We cannot reveal the mystery items, hence why its a 'mystery'. You will have to wait till the last week of March to find out.

Q26 Wen you have a new renew contract from he server karahan can you sent our character asap. Yes in the last interview you told us that the change on a bug very big is.. but can you atleast make a test with sending 1 character to the Karahan server, and please take my character then, so i will have a lovely PvP Time!

As mentioned above, if we merge the servers, the transfer will be done instantaneously during one of the server maintenance periods.

No testing is required.

Q27 Dont transfer characters to KaraHan because a new server will open up there and we all want to play from scratch over there so please do not allow characters transfer

Hi there, that is not a question. But your thoughts on this is welcome

Q28 My question above there was incomplete i wanted to say that if you do allow characters transfer can you do it only to the first two servers there (Bayezid & Alpaslan) because many KaraHan players and many of us TS2 players would like to play on the 3rd server (Orhangazi) from scratch.

"Thank you for that perspective. Again, server transfers depend on the outcome of the contract negotiations.
But to answer your question, yes that is possible and we will weigh in on you suggestion. Please refer to the answer in Question 2

Q29 If u need a char to make test about bugged transfer in karahan,you can use mine?

Nope. Refer to answer in question 26

Q30 Don't you think that 2 test char's would be better?If so use mine too please!

Again, nope. Refer to answer in question 26

Shinsekai
03-14-2012, 07:38 AM
why do ppl always post questions that have been asked 100 times? read bk #93 and stop posting those useless questions

intercepter
03-14-2012, 07:59 AM
Q10 since all talk about karahan now i'll put a question to. What is the ACP of karahan server 1 and 2?

Server 1 ACP: https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-hjLNOsCY2cs/T2AhmlSvcoI/AAAAAAAABEE/0mjFfBFbdos/s493/kh-server1.png
Server 2 ACP: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-B2RBa6N3ctA/T2ANdbTX1dI/AAAAAAAABDs/8-ReXRsiNp0/s493/kh-server2.png

hmm 2nd server seems pretty balanced.

Nobody1
03-14-2012, 08:15 AM
hmm 2nd server seems pretty balanced.
they all looked balanced but server has an incredibly high activity range...nearly everyone is over 9k!!! WOW!!!

Mihaku1
03-14-2012, 03:35 PM
I believe that most players in-game are having fun, and all feedback from GMs and VGMs (who represent the players) show that most players are happy with the game. We have always tried to implement player's ideas and suggestions, within existing limitations.

Have you ever thought that they, well, may not be telling truth?

PsychoGod
03-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Will you extend the war skirmish event duration? for like about...lets say a week?