PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Management #88

Tenmagnet
01-17-2012, 07:49 AM
Original Questions Thread: http://forums.mayngames.com/showthread.php?68837

SSOTW 17 Jan 2012

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-e6jPHL7HCWY/TxUnG4DtO8I/AAAAAAAAAf8/xIjtvOg6AFs/s500/dasy.png

"nice twilight hour, let's go take a walk?" by Jezebele

Questions & Answers

1. Will there be a patch in the near future, that will allow A1 pets to pick up rares? I think they did a good while ago. But they dont anymore.

In the past, only 100% L1 pets were able to do auto-pickup for Silver / Elite / Rare. This was adjusted in the June 2011 patch (http://forums.mayngames.com/showthread.php?57082) to allow Adept and Deity Pets to pick-up Silver and Elite items only.

This distinction was made as some players did not like their inventory getting flooded with rare equipment after extended periods of AFK grind. If you want to pickup Rares, try using an L1 Pet instead.

2. will there ever be a implemention on a scroll or a way to move ours mounts to our inventory and sell them?

Our initial implementation for the mount system is that once activated, the mount can never be retrieved. This was adjusted later on to allow mount deletion yielding 500 CP (to my knowledge we are the only version that gives this benefit).

Given that certain 5% mounts drop, and we have the guarantee system activated for the rest, we currently do not see any need to allow players to transfer mounts from one character to another.

3. Who was the first who joined sky ?

It is not possible to pinpoint who transferred his character first, but I can give you the list of active Sky Players during the week of 22 May 2009:

Shadeglow:

0reos, 3SUM, 7DaysLeft, Abdiel, Accident, Acetwan, Achilies, Aion, Akira, AKuMaXIII, AlAssad, AlecsSnake, algekid, AliceCullen, alladin, Alucardz, alxbran, AmBoss2, AnkokuDoku, Arcsai, Ardela, arma, Ath3na, B00MW00T, BADFLO, Bioshock, Blackviper, BladeWar, Blake, BloodMoon, BoSSPnOy, bowDown, Brainyphil, Budda, BULLY, CALICO, Carol, Cha0s, CheMi, Christina, Covenant, Crazyjoker, D4zzy, Daegor, Dakira, darkknightz, DARKMASTER, DarkWizard, Darvitz, DaVang, Death, Deathscope, dechiu, DemiZero, demonlarry, Demonz, Devilnite, DoGo, Dojun, Dr4ke, DragonRageX, DragonStyle, drizzys, Dyslexia, Elektra1337, EnD, EnigmatiC, Enma, EPCfleshmonk, Esme, EvilManiac, exe, Ezetra, falcon3, Ferre, Fiox, FireScape, FlayinBlades, Fnom, FoToMeN, Frank, Frostie, Frozen, GanJiX, Gennousuke, Gentleblaze, Gilgamesh, Gino, gOdlyOnez, Gunners, Hades, HelionII, HELLUNIT, HenHime, Heroine87, Hirokonji, HolyReaper, IamUrDestiny, IamWINNER, IAstarothI, Icara, Iceblaze, Ichito, Iko, ImShivan, Irishfighter, Ishioka, Isidius, Izuwa, JAAA, Jackpot, Jago, Janzel, Jayko, Jey, Johnizzle, Jolle, Jomarri, JuKin, Kabal, Kaien, KaPr1Tx0zA, Katachi, Katachi, KATANASmist, Katsukun, KazumiHypono, KazY, Kevinj, killaman, Killkotsu, kingD3viL, Kirbie, KON, KouShiro, Kronic, kurosakikun, Kyuubifox, l33fu, Ladybird, LadyEzalyth, LeeChen, Lemmiwinks, Leos, Leslie, Less, LotusFlower, LoverAngel, Luckpo, Lupino, LuXun, MaDaoSatTinh, Magtara, Maiko, MaoChan, Masataki, maxitis, Meaningless, Melkor, MEPHY, Mikeboy, Mizuma, mOifLyn, MoKo, Monteiru, MrFace, MrNeos, Myhos, Myrren, n0rway, nagao, Naio, Naxera, Neion, NewHero, Nidoras, NinjaMonkey, NinsFengs, nobad, Noire, nooox, Nova, ONSLAUGHT, OriginalTH, Orosima, ozg82889, PAIN, pedrotuga, PeLuDo, Pepsi, Phianh, PitViper, PrettyBoi, puya, PVT, Raiksaa, Rayan, rcm, RedDragon, RedDragon94, Redeye, Rhain, Rolika15, RoPrince, RotJoch, RoyalKnight, Ruiji, RyRy, Rz, Sage, Sakura, SarafanDarky, SarafanLord, Satoshi, SatYricON, Sayoko, Sbullet, SC3, SEMA, SENBON, Sephiroth0, SETI, ShadowFang, shadowterror, ShaoJunYe, Shaq, Shidoshi, Shiran, Shuriken, Silent, SilverSnake, silviu14, Sineth, Skorpion, SkyZ, Sociopath, sonix, Split, StarFire, Stooned, Storm, Stratos, subzerogan13, Taitoku, takis, takubets, Taliban, ThaoDEp, TheBlackOni, theboogeyman, TheGreat1, TheSamuray, TieuLinhChi, Tigrera, TnTTr3born, Toni2, Toshiro, Toshishiro, Trebor, TsunaReborn, Tune, TURA, Ulquorria, untouchables, Valandius, valer121, VampireHunte, Vanatorul, VaSyS, Vietstyle, Vir, VizeBieber, War, Warr, WeedRisk, weitian, WhiteFall, WhiteStar, Wichard, Wrath, Xartoryanes, Xavier, xBigMamaX, XDestinyX, xMultihitx, xPauLx, xXal3suXx, XxBLAZEXx, XxChidorixX, xXKurushiXx, XxLokIxX, xxXDaicaXxx, YamaPi, YL, Yuuko, YzzY, Ziayd, ZiroX, zvone

Waterburn:

1LadyShip1, 5k0rpl0n, 925b, Adragon, Alexander, Amil, AnikiFR, Apo, ArcticBlade, Asian, assassinking, Astagard, Baek, BakaBlade, Bangher187, BangUrDead, Beloved, bLackberry, Camon, Chimera, Chocomilk, CocBum, Crims0n, DeymoSlxlRus, Diavolo, Doddsy, Drag0nS0ul, DriKy, ElderMonkey, Emperorz, EviLDacZ, FlamingFist, Gawa, GhostKing, GodEmperor, GTxsky, Henrique, hercsalt, Hikareteku, HSDrac011, IGoofyGoober, Impulsejr, Irenic, Jashall, JayChou, Jiva, KaryanPL, Katsamoto, Kattaro, KazafBr, Keitoku, KenZuku, KillerPL, KingSK, KnighOfZero, LadyGrimm, LamorT, lceman, LeonGrief, Liiten, Liiten, lolli, LostSnow, LoyalFiay, Luske, luterNL, Madoka, Mantis, Massive, Merkul, missMe, Mitsurugy, Miztablitz, NewHope, Nightfall, nobunaga1, noob4everLT, NTKaz, Odd, OlSkoolFujin, Omega998, oOBubblesOo, oORagnarokOo, PallasIPL, Pandaa, Peace, Pr1nCe, PsYcOpAtT, PuboR, Qimmi, RipZ, rjkat, Rokujou, Ronin02, Ruin, Sabua, Sasani, shadowkill, Shidon, Shinjo, ShishioMako, Siege, Smiles, Sussertod, SylarR, Theridion, TigerBlood, TigerGate, TreeRed, tynian5, unuttum, Verser, Vulcan, Waki, Xena, xSh0wTimex, xxDevilxx, xXGhostXx, xXJokerXx, xxxwarIordxx, Yupie, Zeni, ZhaoSun,

4. Can we have mounts obtainable in wars too?

This is an extremely old suggestion dating back to when we first implemented mounts in December 2009. There have been arguments for and against war / highlands drops.

Mount drops were added to invasion maps to encourage players to work cooperatively in large scale invasions (Legacy < Holy Stone Battle < C3 Campaign). Adding mount drops to balanced zones (such as Highlands and Wars) would only encourage war sitting and discourage players from participating in the rest of the game.

5. can R12 cape be +2 skills so that deitys have kinda there own cape same as sky cape?

With the implementation of Silver Notes and Summer Slam / Winter War events, I believe it is easy enough for players to obtain a Sky Cape if they really want it.

6. How many rewards will i get for leveling from 112-a33 with the current event you guys have ? its kinda confusing.

http://forums.mayngames.com/showthread.php?68424

A01-A31 Bracket: 1x CP (S) for every 2 levels
A32-D12 Bracket: 1x CP (M) for every 2 levels

L112 to A31 is 31 levels counted in the A01-A31 Bracket, so you get 31/2 = 15x CP (S)
A31 to A33 is 2 levels counted in the A31-D12 Bracket, so you get 2/2 = 1x CP (M)

7. When are you going to fix the server lag ? everyone seem to be complaining about it lately,so its definitely not just me.

The standard answer in every interview is - if you are getting lag, send in a ticket and we can diagnose your problem.

8. For how long will the Clan Transfer stay in webmal?

The current implementation is meant to last forever, since it is based on the ACP Monitoring Mechanism which ensures that Clans remain balanced.

We might perform some tweaks like turning the webmall package into an in-game item so that players can trade it in-game, but we don't plan to remove it.

9. Is there going to be any reinforce event 126% -> 132% WITHOUT kirins to breake anytime soon?

The current event is 129% -> 135%. We do 126% -> 132% contests for re-balancing purposes, as it is relatively easy to get 126%.

As always, we cannot reveal the contest / promotion details ahead of time, as that would only discourage you from using the game system as they were intended to be used.

10. When the screen/camera comes near those statues in war, it causes lag, why? and can u fix it?

Those statues probably have a higher polygon count, huge textures or it might even be a game bug causing system slowdowns resulting in your perception of lag in the game.

The solution is to remove them from the Outpost maps, and this has been suggested to ALT1. If it gets fixed we will update the Sneak Peek accordingly.

11. Why do you lock necroed threads?

Necro'ed threads are locked because the information within is usually out of date and does not apply to the current situation. Necro'ed threads usually cause confusion and miscommunication and that is why the old threads are locked.

12. When can get back C3 buff? No more news on it?

Basically players want boosted EXP events without working for it, because everyone is asking for the "C3 buff" instead of the "C3 event". Perhaps it is better to re-phrase your question to ask "When are we going to get more free EXP events".

The answer to that is our current EXP events are already higher than the averaged C3 Boost (held from Oct to Dec 2011). If your question is: Are we getting C3 back? Just setup a poll and if we get enough yes votes we will bring the C3 Event back.

13. Is it possible to have an reinforce guarantee like break 5/10 kirins but then with smelting scrolls as a lot of players (including me) are not that lucky with smelting scrolls? I know there is a kirin break event for 120+ but I cant even get to 126% so a kirin won't even break...

Yes possible, but bear in mind that the Reinforce Contest and Reinforce Guarantee Events are meant to encourage players to use the reinforce system. It is not meant as a replacement.

At this time the prices of Smelting Scrolls have already been reduced to ~150m (buy from other players), so unsealing your items today is much cheaper than even 1 month ago.

We definitely tweak the Reinforce Contests as the game progresses and the number of high % gear increases.

14. According to this guide: http://forums.mayngames.com/showthread.php?55901-Reinforce-above-120-System , failure rate is 50%, but afaik, i have NOT failed even once when trying to go 126% and i spent like 10 to 15 ss on my LS already.

I don't understand your question. But 120% -> 123% costs 1 Smelting Scroll and the success rate is 100%. The information in your link only applies to 123% -> 126% and above, so if you are reinforcing from 123%, you will see ~90% fail to 120% and ~10% success to 126%.

15. I know mayn wants to keep the bug to promote pvp, but seriously it is getting annoying and killing the HSB system where HSB is considered the main feature of this game. It is like ordering a pork chop meal and u got served WITHOUT the pork chop,only with side dish. I have read a suggestion where u can tweak it to auto port every invaders out of the town when the 4th shield of the invaded town is created and i think its a good idea. Cant find the thread anymore.

The teleport scroll bug has been fixed.

16. This is the only game where we need to pay money to secure our account which is totally ridiculous...dont you think so ?

By default your account is already secure. The Account Security Service only applies to players who share / trade / sell their accounts, and then wish to re-secure their accounts afterwards.

The average player will never have to use this service, and their account will always remain secure.

17. I think we have a lack of fame on YouTube and every time someone's searching up 12sky2 there he will most likely get the AERIA GAMES version,so how about you'll run a video making contest and people would have to upload their videos on YouTube ?

We ran a Youtube Contest from 2009 to 2010 with very good prizes (you can ask VGM Noir if you were around back then and have his contact). Participation however remained low, and given that we have less players now than then, it is doubtful that such an event would work.

Instead we have focused on simpler, easy to participate events like caption + SS contests.

18. Does luck gear work at palace rank?

No.

19. could you make star reflection useful for PVE where it deflects only vital damage from Monsters.

Star Reflection is a PvP-only skill. Most players grind by repetitively killing monsters that yield EXP and drops, and Star Reflection was not meant to be used in PvE combat.

20. I would love to have a design your on costume contest, vanity set , or Outfit.

I'm sure Shuriken (who is incharge of the Creations Forum) will be very happy to run these kinds of events. However, we note that usually only a very few artistically minded people actually win anything, so if you have any suggestions on how we can make these contests more mainstream or encourage higher participation, please let Shuriken know.

21. CP Exchange Price Has Been Increased - This is forever or till tele bug will be fixed?

Check today's CP Exchange Update!

22. i know u dont have much info about WL2 but can we get some kind of guaranty that once our WL items is upgraded to WL2 we wont lose the CS we put on it? we paid for those CS and i dont think its far to have it all removed.

Please rest assured that we will inspect the WL2 system before implementation and offer a service to maintain CS state if the in-game system does not support it.

23. also, do u have any info about WL2? like r we getting it in the next few months, or ever...?

Unfortunately we have no news whatsoever about WL2.

24. I'm getting tired of kids like IONUTroMAN coming Q.Q and swearing me for over 30 mins, a simple ignore function will help alot. Can we get it?

This was suggested to ALT1 in 2011, but their reply was that their PM function could not support this. An offshoot of this was showing an error message when your PM has been rejected (for those players who have turned off PMs), but their system could not be changed incorporate an error message either.

25. Some times when your partner is trying to buff up the party with forms, it happens that you can't see the circle to get in, even if you stand in it it doesn't help. Why does this happen and can you try to fix it somehow?

I'm not aware of this bug. Please take a screenshot and send in a ticket via http://support.mayngames.com . Once we manage to reproduce the problem, we will forward the bug to ALT1 and it should get fixed within 3 months.

26. Does Alt1 show favoritism towards Aeria, then Mayn because it seems Aeria gets there content alot faster, They got to enjoy the holiday content, but we didn't they got new holiday mounts, new items, and we been waiting and all we get is a few content. I know its not your guys is fault just wondering do they show favoritism towards the other company.

I can't say for sure since I'm not aware of the situation at Aeria. The thing is that Aeria does not maintain consistent patch notes, for example if I wanted to find out what was patched in last week, or on the 3rd week of November 2011, it would be hard to find out.

It is thus hard to compare the amount of content we get versus Aeria. As for whether there is favoritism, the complexities of processing requests probably means that sometimes we get more content and sometimes Aeria gets more content.

Just look at the first half of 2011. Aeria only patched out their 2010 Christmas Tree + Content in ~May / June 2011, and for the months before that, they did not receive anything in way of content. Whereas we received Warlord Gear, Dragon Lair, Den of Rebirth, Rebirth Levels, Deity Pet Tickets, etc in those few months.

27. how do empy users convert their cape into warlord cape?

Please check the conversion guide here: http://forums.mayngames.com/showthread.php?69011

doroteo
01-17-2012, 07:57 AM

This is an extremely old suggestion dating back to when we first implemented mounts in December 2009. There have been arguments for and against war / highlands drops.

Mount drops were added to invasion maps to encourage players to work cooperatively in large scale invasions (Legacy < Holy Stone Battle < C3 Campaign). Adding mount drops to balanced zones (such as Highlands and Wars) would only encourage war sitting and discourage players from participating in the rest of the game.

Omg , can`t you see that the drops in the invasion maps don`t encourage anything else then cp share? ! Even when we had the tele bug, it wasn`t really pvp, it was cp/drop sharing most of the time, just take it logic and try to put into a balance first time that we got mount drops (in HL/GV/War) and now only in invasion maps , i can not remember any cp share back then, why can`t u understand FFS? And don`t tell us that alt1 made it this way and u can`t make the drops available in HL/GV/War because if we hadd it once we can have it again !

P.S: You can not encourage invasions because no1 want`s to run all over 3 maps just to get in enemys town and maybe only maybe he gets a kill before he dyes ! So in the end you are encouraging the CP/DROP Share !

Moira
01-17-2012, 08:28 AM

Omg , can`t you see that the drops in the invasion maps don`t encourage anything else then cp share? ! Even when we had the tele bug, it wasn`t really pvp, it was cp/drop sharing most of the time, just take it logic and try to put into a balance first time that we got mount drops (in HL/GV/War) and now only in invasion maps , i can not remember any cp share back then, why can`t u understand FFS? And don`t tell us that alt1 made it this way and u can`t make the drops available in HL/GV/War because if we hadd it once we can have it again !

P.S: You can not encourage invasions because no1 want`s to run all over 3 maps just to get in enemys town and maybe only maybe he gets a kill before he dyes ! So in the end you are encouraging the CP/DROP Share !

+1
1 year+ ago when we had mounts droping u could always find some1 to pvp with in GV was really cool

C3? U said it that u canceled the C3 event coz there arent too many ppl involved in it... Again we will have same boring ***** like we had before bug

doroteo
01-17-2012, 08:30 AM
+1
1 year+ ago when we had mounts droping u could always find some1 to pvp with in GV was really cool

Yeah, and VGM`s were doing shouts for us to go in HL , there was awesome pvp in there also.

Tenmagnet
01-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Shadeglow & Waterburn Sky Players List updated. (Question 3).

Dojun
01-17-2012, 10:02 AM
haha i was in the first wave to sky :D

Alex310393
01-17-2012, 12:29 PM
21. CP Exchange Price Has Been Increased - This is forever or till tele bug will be fixed?

Check today's CP Exchange Update!

It's good u rush with that -.-

TrollSky
01-17-2012, 10:43 PM
3. Who was the first who joined sky ?

It is not possible to pinpoint who transferred his character first, but I can give you the list of active Sky Players during the week of 22 May 2009:

Waterburn:

1LadyShip1, 5k0rpl0n, 925b, Adragon, Alexander, Amil, AnikiFR, Apo, ArcticBlade, Asian, assassinking, Astagard, Baek, BakaBlade, Bangher187, BangUrDead, Beloved, bLackberry, Camon, Chimera, Chocomilk, CocBum, Crims0n, DeymoSlxlRus, Diavolo, Doddsy, Drag0nS0ul, DriKy, ElderMonkey, Emperorz, EviLDacZ, FlamingFist, Gawa, GhostKing, GodEmperor, GTxsky, Henrique, hercsalt, Hikareteku, HSDrac011, IGoofyGoober, Impulsejr, Irenic, Jashall, JayChou, Jiva, KaryanPL, Katsamoto, Kattaro, KazafBr, Keitoku, KenZuku, KillerPL, KingSK, KnighOfZero, LadyGrimm, LamorT, lceman, LeonGrief, Liiten, Liiten, lolli, LostSnow, LoyalFiay, Luske, luterNL, Madoka, Mantis, Massive, Merkul, missMe, Mitsurugy, Miztablitz, NewHope, Nightfall, nobunaga1, noob4everLT, NTKaz, Odd, OlSkoolFujin, Omega998, oOBubblesOo, oORagnarokOo, PallasIPL, Pandaa, Peace, Pr1nCe, PsYcOpAtT, PuboR, Qimmi, RipZ, rjkat, Rokujou, Ronin02, Ruin, Sabua, Sasani, shadowkill, Shidon, Shinjo, ShishioMako, Siege, Smiles, Sussertod, SylarR, Theridion, TigerBlood, TigerGate, TreeRed, tynian5, unuttum, Verser, Vulcan, Waki, Xena, xSh0wTimex, xxDevilxx, xXGhostXx, xXJokerXx, xxxwarIordxx, Yupie, Zeni, ZhaoSun,

I see my name O.O

Alex310393
01-18-2012, 09:34 AM
I see CP exchange List being updated -.-