PDA

View Full Version : swear filter

mitaextreame2
01-19-2009, 05:48 PM
u should have the swear filter on the server side not on the player side cuz well ppl will just delete the word from the file.

BLooD2
01-19-2009, 08:32 PM
A swear filter server sided... instead of client sided... The swear filter will just be avoided somehow, so it doesnt even matter if you have one. people will swear. Besides its a rated M game with nudity, blood, and gore. Besides even the NPCs swear.
My opinion no swear filter at all. Personally I dont even swear :P

Ichi

Stefansetul2
01-19-2009, 08:35 PM
Lol yeah no offense but i think swearing is not the best bannable offense... people do it often even when they are happy and just get excited. Maybe over use in a harassing kind of way should be bannable but apart from that its hard to stop and we're all mature here :D

mitaextreame2
01-19-2009, 08:49 PM
A swear filter server sided... instead of client sided... The swear filter will just be avoided somehow, so it doesnt even matter if you have one. people will swear. Besides its a rated M game with nudity, blood, and gore. Besides even the NPCs swear.
My opinion no swear filter at all. Personally I dont even swear :P

Ichi

if it is server side it will be hard to by pass and if u talk to the GM's here they will tell u they are trying to lower the rating. :mrgreen:

BLooD2
01-19-2009, 09:27 PM
by bypass I mean saying FOR EXAMPLE ***** ***** b@stard ****** (GMs dont ban me for saying these examples -_-)

Ichi

poila2
01-20-2009, 12:24 AM
wat ever happened to freedom of speach hehe

omnytrix2
01-20-2009, 03:08 AM
Freedom of speech is only a right in public domain. As private games are not considered public domain, your freedom of speech is not applicable.

01-20-2009, 03:20 AM
Freedom of speech is only a right in public domain. As private games are not considered public domain, your freedom of speech is not applicable.

What freedom of speech >.> Psh

I say first of all it's just words. Stick and stones may break your bones but words don't hurt a thing. >.>

mitaextreame2
01-20-2009, 03:38 AM
by bypass I mean saying FOR EXAMPLE * ***** b@stard * (GMs dont ban me for saying these examples -_-)

Ichi

ok let me explain what i mean. in 12sky 1 u can go and just go to a file in ur 12sky folder and just well delete the "bad" words. then no more filter for u. Godcrusher while i agree with u i get the point of the filter, after all mayn is trying to lower the ratting on the game.

01-20-2009, 03:43 AM
by bypass I mean saying FOR EXAMPLE * ***** b@stard * (GMs dont ban me for saying these examples -_-)

Ichi

ok let me explain what i mean. in 12sky 1 u can go and just go to a file in ur 12sky folder and just well delete the "bad" words. then no more filter for u. Godcrusher while i agree with u i get the point of the filter, after all mayn is trying to lower the ratting on the game.

True, but just showing my philosophy :p

Life's weird. No humans are weird.

asasin1002
01-22-2009, 01:46 PM
i myself removed the filter in TS1...

for example there was a cave in guan-lands called "Wandong Cave"
i wasn't able to tell my guildies where i was grinding just cause "dong" was a real bad word

there will always be ways to remove/trick the filter or to insult each other even with "good" words

mitaextreame2
01-22-2009, 06:47 PM
i myself removed the filter in TS1...

for example there was a cave in guan-lands called "Wandong Cave"
i wasn't able to tell my guildies where i was grinding just cause "dong" was a real bad word

there will always be ways to remove/trick the filter or to insult each other even with "good" words

true i did it at 1 point too. but if it is server side u can do that as easy so it might prevent most ppl from doing it.

Deamonblood2
01-22-2009, 09:40 PM
There is a way where you can swear in game and it doesn't filter it. This is in Ts1, alot of people figured out how to do this so it was almost pointless in having a swear filter. most of the people that i played with used this in guild to let there feelings out when they got killed by a boss or even ks'd on a boss. You use an alt code to bypass it. All of the alt codes that i know are in this thread viewtopic.php?f=19&t=642 (http://forum.12sky2.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=642)

Thanks
Reborn™

asasin1002
01-22-2009, 10:22 PM
just an example:

Nr 1: "u just f***ing ruled PvP"

Nr 2: "u got an ugly fat mum"

nr 1 gonna b filtered, nr 2 is offensive but not filtered - so what is it good for? People will always find ways to express themselves - no matter whether there is a filter or not.

everybody knows what i mean with "fu kser!"? If they start filtering "fu" too they forbid the name of a miniboss in TS1 :D

filters r absolutley useless... if there's somebody using bad words to offend u just report him and maybe he'll learn to treat u with respect nxt time - if not he'll get banned lots of times and won't have a lot of friends ingame anyways

EnSabahNur2
01-22-2009, 10:42 PM
Can we have an option to let us turn the filter off? :P

mitaextreame2
01-24-2009, 07:16 PM
Can we have an option to let us turn the filter off? :P

i like that idea. but some of u i don't think are getting y i made this thread. yes i know there will always be a way around the filter. but my point is that in TS1 u could basicly get rid of the filter for u cuz well if is on the players side, and seeing as Mayn wants to lower the rating for this game if it is server side if u want to swear u have to dodge the filter or as someone stated use alt codes. but if it is sever side most ppl aren't going to want to take the time to alt code past it so if it is on server sid e it will stop a few ppl then u will have those that will take the time and they will have to be dealt with how ever Mayn sees fit.

Deamonblood2
01-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Hey,
On the TW server that i play on you can swear to an extent. This is because everything is in chinese or coding by the looks of it :P

Reborn™

KorwynScafy2
01-26-2009, 09:27 AM
Just .. no. I am disagreed the mistakes of AG .this is like the same mistake of AG . i can't even say *com* in the chat in AG . no no no and no. And i don't swear at all

mitaextreame2
01-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Just .. no. I am disagreed the mistakes of AG .this is like the same mistake of AG . i can't even say *com* in the chat in AG . no no no and no. And i don't swear at all

that is cuz that was AGE's way of trying to stop the spamers. and that will happen with any game that has a swear filter.

dofur2
01-30-2009, 08:15 PM
i noticed in another game that 'bad words' were just blanked out by *'s. and i thought this could be improved in a game actually worth playing.

saying "my scab itches" for example was impossible in 12sky unless you put points after every word. instead. if a 'bad word' is detected by the filter. blank it out by using *'s. that way people can at least piece together what you're trying to say. if it was an insult or just an unfortunate gathering of letters.

also. you have to fill out your date of birth on the site. give the people older then 18 or 21 or whatever age you find appropriate to just turn the filter off. turning all the *'s back into the actual letters.

i know this would require some coding. but it would please the masses.

/pointless contribution.

RoMaster2
02-01-2009, 04:35 PM
i noticed in another game that 'bad words' were just blanked out by *'s. and i thought this could be improved in a game actually worth playing.

saying "my scab itches" for example was impossible in 12sky unless you put points after every word. instead. if a 'bad word' is detected by the filter. blank it out by using *'s. that way people can at least piece together what you're trying to say. if it was an insult or just an unfortunate gathering of letters.

also. you have to fill out your date of birth on the site. give the people older then 18 or 21 or whatever age you find appropriate to just turn the filter off. turning all the *'s back into the actual letters.

i know this would require some coding. but it would please the masses.

/pointless contribution.

yea but comming from *there point of view* they dont exactly photo check id lol so a 13 year old could appear 21 just by using fase info on his ***

dofur2
02-01-2009, 04:40 PM
yes. i know. but the only reason i want the word filter to be able to be turned off is because it hinders people from saying completely normal sentences where there just happens to be a bad word in there if u look really good.
other then that i can't stand people cursing. i never do anyway. besides the occasional f-word when i get sliced n diced by someone before i had even seen he was there. :P

even if a word filter is in place. when someone that's really hell bent on insulting someone they will find a way around the word filter anyway.

Asasinul12
02-01-2009, 04:43 PM
yes. i know. but the only reason i want the word filter to be able to be turned off is because it hinders people from saying completely normal sentences where there just happens to be a bad word in there if u look really good.
other then that i can't stand people cursing. i never do anyway. besides the occasional f-word when i get sliced n diced by someone before i had even seen he was there. :P

even if a word filter is in place. when someone that's really hell bent on insulting someone they will find a way around the word filter anyway.

Just a quick comment? It's supposed to be an adult game, or adult themed game, somewhat? Is it more appropriate to be able to MANUALLY turn the filter on or off, dependent on what you wish? Would that not be a better option than enforcing the choice on you?

spirios2
02-01-2009, 04:45 PM
in some games i have played over the years there is a fliter so if some one says F**k Off it will come up &%$^ off but the game also lets you to take it off if you are 18+ so you can read the full msg it is ment so kids dont read and and turn to there mum and tell her to

so if they put a filter in they shud let you turn off as curseing is a everyday word that people say all time and some times you forget and type it in by mistake XD

dofur2
02-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Just a quick comment? It's supposed to be an adult game, or adult themed game, somewhat? Is it more appropriate to be able to MANUALLY turn the filter on or off, dependent on what you wish? Would that not be a better option than enforcing the choice on you?

yes. that's what i'm trying to say as well.

in some games i have played over the years there is a fliter so if some one says F**k Off it will come up &%$^ off but the game also lets you to take it off if you are 18+ so you can read the full msg it is ment so kids dont read and and turn to there mum and tell her to

so if they put a filter in they shud let you turn off as curseing is a everyday word that people say all time and some times you forget and type it in by mistake XD

ok. thank you. now this is EXACTLY what i was trying to say :P

goldwyn20002
02-02-2009, 04:48 AM
oh oh oh ....please let us be able to at least say normal things like:

"maybe you should make an alt"

This is filtered in 12sky1 ;)

mitaextreame2
02-02-2009, 06:02 PM

while that is true, when a group of us where talking to Shawn in TS we asked a question (forgot what it was) but he told us that they are trying to lower the rating. so they are more than likely taking out how female mobs loss clothing as u kill them so there will be a swear filter if they are trying to keep the rating down.

JioFr2
02-03-2009, 08:29 AM
wat ever happened to freedom of speach hehe

It is a game based on China (emphasis on the word China)

BTW dont take that as racist, because its not, China does have alot of word filters and no right to freedom of speech.

JioFr2
02-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Mabey just allowing words that are more likely to appear secretly in a message. examples:

you can always trust a carebear

goldwyn20002
02-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Mabey just allowing words that are more likely to appear secretly in a message. examples:

you can always trust a carebear

Yeah that was the point I wanted to make with the example:

"maybe you should make AN ALt"

omnytrix2
02-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Thanks for helping us increase the words to add to our filters. ;)

LOL

Asasinul12
02-04-2009, 02:25 AM
Thanks for helping us increase the words to add to our filters. ;)

LOL

You know what's sad though sweetheart? I was trying to make reference to someone before, an innocent name http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2a/****_Van_Dyke_2_crop.jpg/180px-****_Van_Dyke_2_crop.jpg and the filter caught it and for a few seconds I was stunned. I thought to myself, OMG what did I do wrong?

Which also reminds me, can you consider your filter to also filter URL's? It may save you time in future for people trying to bypass filters and go straight to the content that is otherwise not allowed.

Just a thought.

--Edited to add, I see you did it already. Nevermind! Well caught LOL.