PDA

View Full Version : Scammer prevention?

Sraduy2
01-18-2009, 04:29 PM
i think we should all work together as hard as we can to prevent people from getting scammed and prevent scammers from trying to scam.
we also must inform each other about scammers, if anyone can remember in 12sky1 serenity about last year. There was this guy that always went around spamming go to 12skyhacks.tk to scam people many people lost their accounts, and i wanna try to make sure stuff like this doesn't happen again

Stefansetul2
01-18-2009, 04:31 PM
I agree with this but there is only so much the GMs can do. As i remember a lot of people lost cash and their accounts out of their own pride and wanting to show off or because they were just plain silly. Nothing can really be done about that...

kamikazee2
01-18-2009, 04:33 PM
i agree and yeah what phil said....

Sraduy2
01-18-2009, 04:35 PM
yeah true, but everyone should know who to trust and who not to trust

aurasu2
01-18-2009, 04:56 PM
every1 should only trust those they get to know over the course of time, which means not giving them any of your items that you need (such as gear, weapons, or pets, or large amounts of money) until you have known them in-game for a few weeks or months and they have proven themselves to you by trusting you with some things they didnt need (this only applies to people that you dont know in real life).

Stefansetul2
01-18-2009, 04:58 PM
To be honest ive been scammed by people who i thought i trusted.... I really only prefer to lend stuff to people who i know in real life that way if my stuff goes missing i know who to go to.....

aurasu2
01-18-2009, 05:03 PM
yea, that why i said dont give other people, that dont trust you with their stuff, any of your stuff until they show they can trust you with things, but only give them what they ask for if its the same value or lower than what you "SHOULD" ask as collateral >.<

Or you know, just dont lend people anything unless you know them in real life LOL

Sraduy2
01-18-2009, 05:20 PM
To be honest ive been scammed by people who i thought i trusted.... I really only prefer to lend stuff to people who i know in real life that way if my stuff goes missing i know who to go to.....
yeah same here unless i get a safety deposit

elena2
01-18-2009, 08:10 PM
yea, that why i said dont give other people, that dont trust you with their stuff, any of your stuff until they show they can trust you with things, but only give them what they ask for if its the same value or lower than what you "SHOULD" ask as collateral >.<

Or you know, just dont lend people anything unless you know them in real life LOL
I agree.. But when ppl ask to borrow my gear, I would say no even though they would let me borrow their's. Hmm.. maybe I should say I've asked to borrow something like pets and maybe a weapon(this is after they've let me use it before after complaining about having a better weapon >.<), I've never asked for armor though. It's just, the ones that ask to borrow stuff, I don't see them online a lot. Just a security check for me I guess.

poila2
01-19-2009, 02:49 AM
Ya i usually only suggest to give away items of value to u to people that are loyal in your guilds. I know that that worked for me in 12 sky 1

i never lost a single item. :P

obiwan2
01-19-2009, 02:59 AM
i think we should all work together as hard as we can to prevent people from getting scammed and prevent scammers from trying to scam.
we also must inform each other about scammers, if anyone can remember in 12sky1 serenity about last year. There was this guy that always went around spamming go to 12skyhacks.tk to scam people many people lost their accounts, and i wanna try to make sure stuff like this doesn't happen again
i also agree with u :P

maryan2
01-19-2009, 03:05 AM
well just so u all know.. all of u can trust me :P and if u dont bolive me ask aroun in 12sky1 on devotion server ask seraphim guild who GKing was :P

edisor132
01-19-2009, 06:16 AM
You gonna see how mayn gonna work against that problems. dont worry and make some confiance to mayn interactive. BTW ty for make that preventive post and warning about the bad experiences in the first usa version.