PDA

View Full Version : Uniting the Snakes.

maerykiss2
04-13-2009, 04:31 AM
Hello to all! I've been reading many topics on new houses and leaders, recruitments and the like, and trying to "bring together" the Snake Clan that appears to have been in bad shape come the recent close of CB2, so I thought I'd try to help out a bit by posting a series of topics with the goal of making it easier for everyone to come together and improve their game experience.

part 1--> Here's some tips for leading or partaking in a house, and being successful:

1. For the leaders, set out your standards/rules: When you make a new house, you have to be clear in what you will tolerate as a both a leader and a person. Make sure everyone in the house knows that you don't accept X behavior or Y language. Tell them to be helpful, not only to their fellow housemen but also to their clansmen; doing good deeds and making a name for your house puts you and your friends in a good light, and people will warm up to you easier if you appear friendly and trustworthy from the get-go. Let it be known that your house, whether it be for fun or hardcore grindfest, holds certain standards and morals dear; I try to make it known that my house is all about equality, pride, community, fervor, execellence, and of course good times.

2.For the leaders, be active and knowledgeable: know who in the house is active/inactive, who is leveling faster, who is causing trouble, etc. By knowing who's active and inactive you can recruit more effectively and spread your house's fame more readily; believe me I've known house leaders who didn't know at all what was going on in their house, or didn't care, and it was no fun for their members. If you have a few people that are leveling slower than others but are still active and show promise for the house's betterment, help them out to get things rolling; buy some pills, share xp potions (when they arrive), and organize parties for them, they'll eventually catch up and will be more savvy in the end. It makes sense to know who makes trouble in the house; the fewer people you have putting your house and friends in a bad light the better off you'll be.

3. Be selfless: Not only to the leaders, but to the members; donate to the house fund when you have some extra change or items, offer help with quests whenever you can (if not actually going to the spot, at least tell em how it's done ;) ), and share any uncommon insight you may have come across while playing that would be advantageous for your friends to utilize. For example, your house needs 30m to upgrade, just give the leader a decent amount of silver every now and then (maybe a few hundred k); if everyone does this you'll get that 30m in no time. There are always lower levels in a house, so donate your old gear to help them level faster and keep up with everyone else; no amount of money is equal to keeping good friends. Taking time out of your day in game to help others with a tough quest or pass on some useful tricks shows people that you care enough about the success of the clan and community that you would rather put yourself 2nd to the interests of others and the clan.

4. Set an example: Practice what you preach. If you talk about doing all these things but don't follow through, what message does that send to your friends and community? Show others what a real Snake is made of and step up. Do your best to uphold the honor of your house and fellow Snakes by standing out for all the good things you've done; if we all work together we can move mountains and overcome any obstacle. Here's to a warm, welcoming community, and one recognized for both its determination to succeed and its willingness to help out and have fun.

part two--> Leaders

1. That's an order soldier! I know it's not always easy to follow the leader in battle, we all want to be heroes, but a cohesive unit is much more effective than single flairs of "The Last Samurai" every 10 seconds, in the middle of a raging Ghost Valley battle no less! Even if there's no Clan General around to lead everyone, there's always a few people that know how to organize a fighting unit with some skill and lead it to victory.

It's very important that we agree (however grudgingly) that SOMEONE must lead our troops if we are to win battles and wars. A well-thought out strategy will nearly always conquer brute force and numbers, and I know for a fact that the Snakes have some very dedicated players that want the clan to do well and always fight hard for victory. We can't choose just anyone to lead of course, but over time we'll find someone who knows his left hand from his right and who we feel confidently can lead us to the top of that hill for 5 minutes and stay there.

2. Clan General: Don't pick someone because he's your friend or because they gave you free stuff, choose based on who you see fighting at the form battles the most and who you see helping people all the time. A real leader is one who takes solace seeing his followers happy, who puts others before himself, who makes educated decisions (perhaps with council) for the best interest of the clan (which he knows all too well), and who leads without any expectation of compensation other than seeing his people succeed.

I know we all get caught up in the game's politics, but what for? Why sling mud at your friends and fellow clansmen when you can unite and form a powerful machine capable of destroying anything that would challenge our dominance? Even if you don't like someone who is running for office, don't bad mouth them or accuse them of foul play, that only makes us look weak and indecisive. Show some maturity and capability, work together to choose the man (or woman) best suited for the job and nothing more; we need someone to lead us to destroy the other clans, not someone to give us free money and false promises. Let's follow the wise words of a wise man, Aristotle: "It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain another man's thoughts without accepting them"; a credo I try to live by personally every day.

part three --> The Economy

1. DON'T OVERPRICE: It's been said again and again, so I'll say it here too ;) . It's really not hard to do, and seeing as no one has billions of silver yet why price so high? You hurt the clan when you ask for so much, because people are spending time scrounging up money to pay for your wares while they could have bought them at a decent price and gotten to using them instead. Help your friends out, cut em a break, sell for lower prices. Money isn't what's important, it's how powerful and united you are as a clan. You won't need millions of silver if everyone sells at decent prices, and this leaves money for enchanting, combining, and buying other things for grinding; this all leads faster leveling, better PvP, more experience and more money for the clan, which adds up to greater success for EVERYONE. If your clan all has above average gear, possibly even rare with % and cs, in addition to the leadership from part 2, WHO will stop you?? That's right, no one.

2. Give stuff away *gasp*: I've done it several times, I've seen others do it too. If you have some lower level stuff like skills, rares, pills, or anything you just don't need (*cough* sutras *cough* stones *cough*), go ahead and drop them; I guarantee someone else will make use of them. Don't worry about making money; if some level 30s or 40s need some level 30 skills, do em a solid and hand em over, it'll spread your reputation as a Samaritan AND help them level and better their characters (which also helps the clan, not bad eh?). Giving things away takes away some of the clogging from the market, like 10 people selling low level skills for 10k each or 30 people selling sutras and stones for 100k each and no one buying, and shows everyone else that we as Snakes will make small sacrifices if they will improve our clan.

part four --> Honor and Respect

1. DON'T KS YOUR OWN CLANSMEN: I've said it in another topic and I'll say it again. What do you accomplish when you steal a boss from your friend, or elope with a pal's mobs? The answer is nothing; it's selfish, immature, and damaging to the clan's sense of unity. If anything at all is won from this, it's maybe a few unis or a rare from a boss or mobs, and a little experience? In the grand scheme of things, that wasn't necessary, you could have easily worked together either to kill the boss (granted you have PERMISSION from the person who was there first) or partied up to get more xp for everyone; working together only helps you both. We are all different, diverse you could say, but if this holds true are we not all united in diversity? Work together and everyone wins.

2. Don't flame or start fights: This is always a problem, a "he said she said". If you have a problem with someone, just talk it out. Be civilized and show respect for your opponent, no matter how much you don't see eye to eye. You never know, you who were once foes might end up friends after you sort things out; many people are more reasonable than you may first see, because when someone gets fired up over something they show a different side of them that may not actually reflect who they truly are. Respecting others' rights in game is crucial to bringing everyone together; don't use offensive language and don't cause others emotional grief, after all it's only a game.

As Ralph Waldo Emerson put it, "Men are respectable only as they respect". Work to set aside your differences guys, I know we can do it.

part five --> The Clan Leader

1.Clan General: Just a little recap from part 2; leaders need to be chosen based on their qualifications for leading an ENTIRE CLAN. They must show dedication to their fellow people and always be willing to sacrifice themselves and their time to better their community and make their clan more powerful.

We need a good leader for obvious reasons; he or she is always a good choice to lead us in wars, they can provide support for lower levels and less-experienced players, they give us a reason to grow stronger to fight for our clan, and they set an example for everyone else to follow. If we can elect the right leader then we can accomplish anything we set out to do; a good leader can unite his/her people even in the most dark of times. Perhaps one of the most important parts of clan unity in general, the choosing of a capable and wise leader is often difficult, but the results promise prosperity and establishment as the most successful clan.

Campaigning is a trail not easily tread, as there is much flaming and finger-pointing going on trying to sway votes one way or another. Here's the key in this part; don't dwell on the past, on "spilled milk". Everyone has done something they are not at all proud of, I know that from personal experience and from seeing friends do them, but we can't always worry about them. If people are always yelling "Hey!! XY did this and that to Z yesterday, and has been for weeks!!", we will NOT get anything done.

Put aside your differences and choose a leader you KNOW can lead when its called for and who can make good decisions under bad conditions. Look past all the slander and flaming (which SHOULD be avoided in the first place), look beyond your personal relation to a candidate and ask yourself "What makes this person a strong ruler, a firm yet just leader?". Pick the person who you are certain from seeing them act can rally the clan in times of trouble or great need and clear the path to victory. Pick someone who continuously places themself in the line of fire for the clan, who exudes a strong moral standing (a tolerant person, kind and helpful at all times, who thinks of the clan as a family rather than just some group of people they play an online game with), and who works hard at every possible moment to ensure the unification of the community.

After we have chosen this leader, we need to be sure we all work together to achieve the goals he/she set out to do while running for office. Say leader X wants to get the form at Ghost Valley every time the Snakes have a chance to fight for it (better yet, never LOSE it in the first place ;) ), we have to play our part here. We need to show up with our houses and friends and bring fervor to the battlefield, we need to listen to what our leader says and use strategy and force in spirit to overcome the other clans. We chose this leader to help us attain glory and honor for our clan, now we must reciprocate and work with him/her to accomplish what they set out to do for the clan.

There is no better way to unite a clan than through the strength of a confident leader. What happens when we pick a solid player to help our clan, to encourage the lower levels, to lead us in battle, to spur on the community to be the best it can be, and to make sure we are as dedicated and as excited to play as they are? We win wars, we get more experience, we get more powerful players, we develop a sense of belonging and friendship in the community, and we let the other clans know that if they want to be the best, they're gonna have to work 10X HARDER to even TRY and surpass what we as a Snake clan have already attained. Be prudent and shrewd when you choose a leader, because when we find the best person for the job we WILL go places, I guarantee it.

2. Assistant Clan Leaders: The task set for the Clan General is a great one no? That's where the helpers come in. Their job is to make sure that everything the Leader wants to do is done and tended to. They help the General make hard decisions for the clan when a big issue presents itself. They are the "extra arms" of the leader, an extension of his/her power.

For example, the leader wants ensure that people are getting good experience, in this case we'll say lower level maps, so he/she decides they want to organize parties in the maps for everyone so that people can get the most of their available grinding time. The leader can't be everywhere at once obviously, so they send a few of their assistants to each map to help set up some teams for grinding and questing. These players represent an extension of the leader's will, going places and doing things that he/she can not immediately do (to any degree of acceptable quality or efficiency).

These players also need to offer advice to newer players (or even less-savvy friends) who need help with the game in general; some people don't understand they main plot behind the game so some things may appear confusing, others may have trouble with a quest that has strange instructions, it's all situational. In effect, these players should do nearly as much work as the actual Clan General because they are helping lead and organize an ENTIRE CLAN, thousands and thousands of people. They should follow the same codes of conduct as the leader and promote the same images of success and cordiality as well. Don't forget that the assistants lead the clan when the General isn't available, so be sure that everyone agrees with the choices of assistant for the clan as well; the helpers play a big role in providing an example for others to follow, and also reflect how the leader wants to take care of business.

In summary of both positions, players should feel comfortable asking for the help of a Clan General or an assistant to him/her, and should have great confidence in their ability to lead them to a better in-game experience. Once all is said and done, everyone should agree that "Yes, I can deal with this leader and who they choose to help them because although I may or may not share his/her views, I can RESPECT what they want to achieve for the clan and how they want to make us better and stronger".

It's no easy task for certain, choosing a capable and noble leader, but I know for a fact that we as Snakes have what it takes to put out some good candidates, choose the best of the bunch, and follow him/her into the setting sun after a well-fought victory on the battlefield.

If you've made it this far you're in great shape :D . Thank you very much for reading, I appreciate any and all feedback/criticism; my goal is to make this clan a great place to be, both while having fun and dominating the other clans.

Lanfear

pinguin2
04-13-2009, 04:36 AM
Excellent topic. I actually made a guide to Houses (viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4736 (http://forum.12sky2.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4736)), and you have some excellent tips I could work into the tips section. Would you mind if I added some of this, or would you prefer it to stay in the Snakes section?

maerykiss2
04-13-2009, 04:41 AM
Well the idea was to keep the Snakes together by creating unity in houses and effective management, so I think it should stay here for the time being. Once we get our act together though no problem, go ahead and add this and anything you find of import to your topic as long as credit is given to whomever said it, I'm sure it will prove useful to the other clans in the future ;) .

pinguin2
04-13-2009, 04:45 AM
KK no probs. If you like I can copy and paste my guide here for more info and tips, but up to you if you want me to, it's quite large so may clutter it a bit. Just say the word and I shall Ctrl-V 8-)

And I always credit others inputs on my Guide :P

maerykiss2
04-13-2009, 04:56 AM
Hey guys I'm back with more stuff, hopefully you'll find this useful or helpful.

Round two--> Leaders

1. That's an order soldier! I know it's not always easy to follow the leader in battle, we all want to be heroes, but a cohesive unit is much more effective than single flairs of "The Last Samurai" every 10 seconds, in the middle of a raging Ghost Valley battle no less! Even if there's no Clan General around to lead everyone, there's always a few people that know how to organize a fighting unit with some skill and lead it to victory.

It's very important that we agree (however grudgingly) that SOMEONE must lead our troops if we are to win battles and wars. A well-thought out strategy will nearly always conquer brute force and numbers, and I know for a fact that the Snakes have some very dedicated players that want the clan to do well and always fight hard for victory. We can't choose just anyone to lead of course, but over time we'll find someone who knows his left hand from his right and who we feel confidently can lead us to the top of that hill for 5 minutes and stay there.

2. Clan General: Don't pick someone because he's your friend or because they gave you free stuff, choose based on who you see fighting at the form battles the most and who you see helping people all the time. A real leader is one who takes solace seeing his followers happy, who puts others before himself, who makes educated decisions (perhaps with council) for the best interest of the clan (which he knows all too well), and who leads without any expectation of compensation other than seeing his people succeed.

I know we all get caught up in the game's politics, but what for? Why sling mud at your friends and fellow clansmen when you can unite and form a powerful machine capable of destroying anything that would challenge our dominance? Even if you don't like someone who is running for office, don't bad mouth them or accuse them of foul play, that only makes us look weak and indecisive. Show some maturity and capability, work together to choose the man (or woman) best suited for the job and nothing more; we need someone to lead us to destroy the other clans, not someone to give us free money and false promises. Let's follow the wise words of a wise man, Aristotle: "It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain another man's thoughts without accepting them"; a credo I try to live by personally every day.

Once again I stress cooperation and good leadership guys; although not as long as the first part I think you guy get what's so important about swallowing our pride and investing in solid leaders. Leave any comments you'd like; thanks for reading, more soon :D .

Lanfear

Other Parts:
Uniting the Snakes part 1- Houses (http://forum.12sky2.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5202)
Uniting the Snakes part 3- Economy (http://forum.12sky2.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5205)
Uniting the Snakes part 4- Respect (http://forum.12sky2.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5217)
Uniting the Snakes part 5- Clan General (http://forum.12sky2.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5223)

maerykiss2
04-13-2009, 04:59 AM
KK no probs. If you like I can copy and paste my guide here for more info and tips, but up to you if you want me to, it's quite large so may clutter it a bit. Just say the word and I shall Ctrl-V 8-)

And I always credit others inputs on my Guide :P

Of course Stray, any help is welcomed. You could summarize if you'd like to save space, but any more tips are certainly useful for the cause.

pinguin2
04-13-2009, 05:14 AM
Cos summarising something this big is alot of work, here comes huge wall. 1st part is actual facts for Houses (requirements, costs etc) and 2nd part is tips:

STRAY'S GUIDE TO HOUSES.

OK, you have a strong personality and are ready to start a guild. Here is what you need to know, as well as some tips by me. I have split this guide into 2 sections, Facts (eg requirements, functions etc) and tips (ideas on how to grow your House and get the most out of it and your members). Feel free to use or discard the tips, but I'll start with the facts.

Part 1: The facts

Starting your House:

To start a house the minimum requirement is level 30. The cost involved is 10m. Unlike TS1, there is no CP requirement to make or upgrade a house. The maximum people allowed in a level 1 House is 10 (including yourself). To create your House, go to the Banker (Thanks ShadesOfGrey), and select the "House App" option. He is located at the Northwest of the 4 buildings of the main square (where you spawn in town) for Snakes. Any info on spot for Tigers & Dragons (and Sky in the future) appreciated. The maximum numbers of letters for a House name is 12 (LethalTheory JUST fit in :P), and is Alpha-Numeric only.

Upgrading House - Requirements:

Upgrades require 2 things:

*House must have maximum people in it (ie if only 9 members cannot go for level 2 untill you have 10)
*You must have the require silver amount.
*As mentioned earlier there is no CP requirement for upgrading House.
*Like creating a house, this is done at Banker by selecting the "House Exp" option.

The coinage needed and max members available for each level are as follows:

Level 1: 10m, 10 members
Level 2: 20m, 20 members
Level 3: 30m, 30 members (notice a pattern?)
Level 4: 40m, 40 members
Level 5: 50m (?), 50 members - this level I am not 100% sure on as yet, as my House is currently Level 4. If anyone can confirm or deny this would be great :)).

Functions:

Here is a brief description of what the functions on the House menu do. The House screen where these are available is accessed by pressing 'G'. The following functions can only be used by the House Master.

V Cheif: Vice House Masters. Even from level 1 you can appoint 2 Vice leaders. The Leaders have the ability to recruit new members into the House.
Pub. Notice: A message that appears in House chat, has [Announcement] followed by your name and the message
Title: A "tag" appearing before the House name for members (not available for leader or Vices). This can be a maximum of 4 letters, and identifies your members to opposing clans in PVP zones.
Notice: This appears at the top of your House Screen when players pres G
Kick: Someone annoying you? Someone been inactive for too long? Won't stop begging or giving House a bad rep? Use kick to boot em :twisted:
Flag: A House symbol can be placed on flags worn by all members. As item mall was not available in CB, I do not have much info on this yet. Will update when Flags available.
*There are some others but with game down cant remember them lol. I will update this after game is back or when people advise what they do :P

The House Screen:

Apart from the functions above, the House Screen also has some info on your members. It will display their name, their title and their status. Status will either be the map they are currently on, or that they are offline. All members can see this screen.

Part 2: Tips

***NOTE: These are just suggestions, not facts. Take what works for you out of this, dismiss what doesn't.

*Before starting a House, it's best to have met a couple of people who want to be "founders" with you. Nothing sucks more than saving 10m, then have little/no members join, and those that do leave because there is no one to talk to. Then you close the House, are back to square 1 but have 10m less in your pocket. If you have a few people ready before you open House, and they are good peeps, then this has a good chance of avoiding this. A good way to meet these people is through grinding teams, be talkative with the others in team. While talking mention your plans and see if they are interested.

*Choose your Vice leaders wisely. Apart from being a main representative of your House, they can also recruit. If you hire useless Vices just because they want a title, the House will not grow in the direction you want it to.

*Choose your members wisely. One idea is to not add people to your house unless you or your fellow members know them. With the new party system, encouraging people to group together, it shouldn't be too hard to get to know people. (thanks to Asphyxia)

*Have a purpose to your House. This can really be anything. some examples are a House full of grinders, a PVP House, a House for the clan (ie. Sheilds, invasions etc) or just a social House. The House purpose is limited only by what you want it to be, and when recruiting bear this in mind. It's best to have likeminded people for best success. This also refers to my next point.

*Rules. Having a few rules to keep your House on track is not a bad idea. For example, if you are a grinding House having a level requirement is a good idea. If you are a House for the faction, perhaps a no KSing rule could be in place. For a social House rules about staying active may be useful. But the rules and how you enforce them (warnings, instant dismissal etc) are up to you.

*Be active! No one wants to be part of a House where they never see the leader.

*Getting help levelling House. The costs of starting and leveling a House is quite alot. The total cost from making to level 5 is 150m. Thats alot of silver coins. This can be made alot easier with help from members of your House. How you get this is again up to you. You could have a mandatory buy in, or just ask for donations. Personally I just asked if people had spare cash or items I could sell that I would appreciate donations, and was lucky enough to get ALOT of help from my House. This takes pressure off you, Being the leader and the cost of levelling can make you very poor, but with help from House you can get the level up quicker as well as play the game yourself.

*Events. House events are always fun too! Like hide and seek, or races etc...It promotes unity, having the whole house get together, usually it's just a party of 5 Lol.
You can build a prize pool by asking members to donate items now and then. Thinks like Lucky Scrolls etc. You can have random events or ongoing events. A type of on going event is a reward for reaching xxx level. (Thanks to Asphyxia)

*Acknowledge achievements of members. Also encourage your members in their endeavors, such as offering a reward for reaching a certain level (see last tip), posting a message on the notice board congratulating a person for such and such. A pat on the back for doing well PvP-ing etc... etc... Sometimes, especially in large houses, people will group up, some may feel a bit left out so doing such things like this will make them feel like part of the team. (thanks to Asphyxia)

*Never to lend out items or money to anyone in your guild. Those guildies could be not as trustworthy as you thought. They could go on a vacation for a very long time. They could simply lose interest in the game. They could be banned for various reasons, you might have a fight with that person and if either of those things happen. you won't see your item or your money back. ever. (Thanks to ShadesofGrey). *Strays opinion* One thing we did in Lethal was a sort of hand-me-down of old equips. Basically items a member has outgrown and didn't need the money for that are to be passed on to lower members in the guild. These items can be a good gauge of who is or isn't trustworthy, and worst case someone scams them they are all items we were prepared to live without from day one, so no real loss. My intention is when House level is maxed and there is no one the level to use it is to sell the item/s, then use the money for higher House items or to enchant other items further. Feel free to use either or both tips :P.

*Always get to know new members and make sure your members get to know them in turn as well. Asking them a couple of question when they join lets everyone get to know them at least a little. Where are you from, favorite music/movie/food, do you think i'm awesome. You know. The standard questions. It's not a good experience for you or your members to have 'strangers' in the guild. (thanks to ShadesOfGrey)

*Support your members. If they need help with a quest, go and help..If they're being harassed for unjust reasons, stand by them. A united house is a happy house :mrgreen: .

*Webpages. Not a necesity by any means but always fun to have one :P. If like me you are useless at web design etc, I suggest visiting http://www.ning.com/ as it takes no tech no how to put a page together. Basically if you can design a MySpace page you can design a House page. Seeing as I haven't even done a MySpace page in my life (social network sites annoy me but thats another story :P) and was able to make a ning page I'm sure anyone who is able to read this can too.

*If you want forums for your house, you can create one at http://www.forumotion.com/ ITS FREE! They have a huge range of templates, so no need to come up with a design yourself. Very user-friendly, can create a neat looking forum in minutes. This would be ideal for those who do not wish to come up with content and a layout for a website. (Thanks to Asphyxia)

*If you do decide to create a website and/forums a good thing to add is a guide and other useful tips. You can easily copy those that are on these here forums, or link to them, also add your personal preferences I.E Good grinding spots/mobs. Some people tend to not bother with forums such as these, with so many posts it can be quite intimidating Lol. So having such information readily available would work well.

*Vent/Teamspeak. Great way to communicate with other members. Basically they are group VOIP servers where you can talk to your House mates using... wait for it.... YOUR VOICE! Ventrillo requires you hire a server from them (or you can leech off someone that has one as I do :P) however teamspeak has free servers for gaming guilds. Check http://www.ventrilo.com or http://www.teamspeak.com for info on them. Another option for those that don't wanna pay is http://getgsc.com/, you can personalize and moderate your own voice chat, it also has a chat box. With the VOIP channels, decide if you want people not in your hosue to use the server. If not, tell your members not to give the channel info out. (Thanks to Asphyxia for getgsc and not sharing channel info tips).

Well that's my Guide. Any additions/feedback/comments more than welcome, and I will update this as needed.

Note: Thanks to the following people for help with Guide - ShadesOfGrey, Asphyxia. Special thanks to all the members of LethalTheory for helping me make such a great House and without this House couldn't have put this guide together.

maerykiss2
04-13-2009, 05:18 AM
Alright we knew this was coming.... the market!!! Inflation and insane prices are always a problem no matter where you go, and it appeared that we had some such issues with the Snakes at the close of CB2, so here are some suggestions on fixing them up.

Lock and load gents--> The Economy

1. DON'T OVERPRICE: It's been said again and again, so I'll say it here too ;) . It's really not hard to do, and seeing as no one has billions of silver yet why price so high? You hurt the clan when you ask for so much, because people are spending time scrounging up money to pay for your wares while they could have bought them at a decent price and gotten to using them instead. Help your friends out, cut em a break, sell for lower prices. Money isn't what's important, it's how powerful and united you are as a clan. You won't need millions of silver if everyone sells at decent prices, and this leaves money for enchanting, combining, and buying other things for grinding; this all leads faster leveling, better PvP, more experience and more money for the clan, which adds up to greater success for EVERYONE. If your clan all has above average gear, possibly even rare with % and cs, in addition to the leadership from part 2, WHO will stop you?? That's right, no one.

2. Give stuff away *gasp*: I've done it several times, I've seen others do it too. If you have some lower level stuff like skills, rares, pills, or anything you just don't need (*cough* sutras *cough* stones *cough*), go ahead and drop them; I guarantee someone else will make use of them. Don't worry about making money; if some level 30s or 40s need some level 30 skills, do em a solid and hand em over, it'll spread your reputation as a Samaritan AND help them level and better their characters (which also helps the clan, not bad eh?). Giving things away takes away some of the clogging from the market, like 10 people selling low level skills for 10k each or 30 people selling sutras and stones for 100k each and no one buying, and shows everyone else that we as Snakes will make small sacrifices if they will improve our clan.

There are 2 big things we should focus on for now, if anyone has something to add just post a little something and I'll add it no problem. Thanks for the company, more parts coming soon, but now it's time to sleep ;) .

Lanfear

Other Parts:
Uniting the Snakes part 1- Houses (http://forum.12sky2.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5202)
Uniting the Snakes part 2- Leadership (http://forum.12sky2.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5203)
Uniting the Snakes part 4- Respect (http://forum.12sky2.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5217)
Uniting the Snakes part 5- Clan General (http://forum.12sky2.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5223)

Mayathi1
04-13-2009, 05:22 AM
The give your old rares away/spare items ect part is one of the few things the snakes will never get right, it just wont happen, most of them go by the basis,

If i have something spare that other players want ill sell it for tripple the price! and make a tidy profit,

It would be amazing if people listened to this but it wont,

the only faction that has this down on a basis were more than 1% of the community does it is the Tiger clan

pinguin2
04-13-2009, 05:27 AM
Love this one, some excellent points. To expand on giving things away, yes there are people who will take the freebies and sell them. A way around this is to pass down through House. What quite a few members in my House are doing is passing there enched rares to a House bank so anyone of that level will use. Now there will be a time when there is no one of the level to use them. In reality, we will be selling them (not expensive though) and using the money to get or enchant higher level House sets. Now, if you don't have a House, another idea is to "adopt a low lev". Find a lower level, run them through some basics (I garuntee they will be a stronger character for the faction as a result of it) and pass old or unwanted gear/items to them. Getting to know just this 1 person will help them, your and your gear won't be resold. Whilst doing this, encourage them to find and talk with someone lower than them. As they level out of your old gear, they can pass on, and the cycle can continue :)

nutu0092
04-13-2009, 05:55 AM
Some great tips you have collated here. I also noticed that is Part 1 of many.
I wonder if it is possible for you to make them more...brief?
Those who would benefit most from such a post as this are probably not
going to read so much text i'm afraid. More than likely it will be the first few lines Lol.
So if there was anyway you could get this message across with less words i think
it would target more people.

pinguin2
04-13-2009, 05:58 AM
Argh a Tiger! I will bit it with poison!

nutu0092
04-13-2009, 06:00 AM
Argh a Tiger! I will bit it with poison!
Bite*

Your lil fangs will barely pierce me :P

P.S We must not go off topic, there's important information here :P
-takes conversation to Random thread-

pinguin2
04-13-2009, 06:03 AM
Good thing I milked the poison into a needle then isn't it? 8-)

*Injects The tiger*

Vardant1
04-13-2009, 10:02 AM
Well thought out. Good job. Bumpity bimpity bump bump. This should keep getting bumped so that every forum trolling snake see's it. Again, well done.

Vardant1
04-13-2009, 10:03 AM
Very nice tips. Keep em coming! We want moar! :)

Asasinul12
04-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Excellent topics. I'd like to see them stickied if a moderator or admin feels the need to agree and make that happen?

Asasinul12
04-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Excellent topics. I'd like to see them stickied if a moderator or admin feels the need to agree and make that happen?

Asasinul12
04-13-2009, 02:58 PM

04-13-2009, 04:04 PM
In the end, a leader must make split second decisions, we have leaders but snakes do not have followers.

It doesn't work out when 80% of the people want to be leaders and end up all losing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Art_of_War

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_48_Laws_of_Power

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prince

War is not kind.

Orija71
04-13-2009, 04:07 PM
In the end, a leader must make split second decisions, we have leaders but snakes do not have followers.

It doesn't work out when 80% of the people want to be leaders and end up all losing.

War is not kind.
i laughed on seeing this but after reading through i found that this might actually be helpful

Asasinul12
04-13-2009, 04:12 PM

War is not kind.

Ah, you're a wise man my friend. Anyone quoting Sun Tsu, is alright in my book ;)

Now if you start quoting Musashi, or Patten or Hannibal, then I will be impressed :)

maerykiss2
04-13-2009, 05:07 PM
I thank everyone kindly for the support.

In response to Asphyxia, these topics I'm making are already summarized quite a bit from what I really wanted to say. I know that some may find it hard to read through it all, but in the end they will surely benefit; I feel that some things I just ca not leave out, therefore to some it may seem longer than your average topic.

Once again I appreciate all your comments and any suggestions you may have.

P.S. Thanks to Stray for posting his great guide!! (however clumsy it may be ;) )

maerykiss2
04-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Yes God, well done for once ;) . Those books are all old, true, but they all contain valuable insight and strategy we can effectively utilize for our clan's betterment. War is definitely unkind, brutal, unforgiving in every sense, but it also rewards those who challenge it and obliterate its fearsome obstacles.

All it takes is one moment, one big victory in the face of enormous odds for everyone to finally realize that once we can agree on a leader or two, our common aims will be unified and we will easily defeat the other clans.

maerykiss2
04-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the posts. Maya I won't say that that's what you always do, but if you sell that item for triple the price, you're not helping anyone but yourself, and it's people like you that make it hard to send this point home. I know we've all done it, as have I, but I say we turn over a new leaf in OB and really bring together the clan; Maya I know you either won't stay on Shadeglow or will go Sky when you can, but as a higher level you should try to set an example for others less-experienced than you to follow and learn from. I appreciate the criticism though, you bring up a good point.

Stray I'm glad you brought that up. That is one of the key points I didn't put in my original post, yet it remains very important. That kind of sharing and trust is what our clan really needs to get used to. When it's less about the money and more about maintaining strong bonds of community and influence over the other clans, that's when we will truly shine. I tried not to make my topics too lengthy because I don't want to lose readers (succumbing to the Great Wall of Text ;) ), but I thank you for posting that good point.

Orija71
04-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Yes God, well done for once ;) . Those books are all old, true, but they all contain valuable insight and strategy we can effectively utilize for our clan's betterment. War is definitely unkind, brutal, unforgiving in every sense, but it also rewards those who challenge it and obliterate its fearsome obstacles.

All it takes is one moment, one big victory in the face of enormous odds for everyone to finally realize that once we can agree on a leader or two, our common aims will be unified and we will easily defeat the other clans.
lol heres a reality check-the PvP battles aren't about aims ,leadership such---stand still for 2 secs and ur gone----the best strategy would be to clump together with 1/3 guys doing stuns & 1/3 guys attacking and rest covering them with ranged

maerykiss2
04-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Alright guys here comes the next installment, respect and honor. Some people are either unaware, uninformed, or apathetic about what problems we have within our clan, so here goes nothing.

Code of Conduct--> Honor and Respect

1. DON'T KS YOUR OWN CLANSMEN: I've said it in another topic and I'll say it again. What do you accomplish when you steal a boss from your friend, or elope with a pal's mobs? The answer is nothing; it's selfish, immature, and damaging to the clan's sense of unity. If anything at all is won from this, it's maybe a few unis or a rare from a boss or mobs, and a little experience? In the grand scheme of things, that wasn't necessary, you could have easily worked together either to kill the boss (granted you have PERMISSION from the person who was there first) or partied up to get more xp for everyone; working together only helps you both. We are all different, diverse you could say, but if this holds true are we not all united in diversity? Work together and everyone wins.

2. Don't flame or start fights: This is always a problem, a "he said she said". If you have a problem with someone, just talk it out. Be civilized and show respect for your opponent, no matter how much you don't see eye to eye. You never know, you who were once foes might end up friends after you sort things out; many people are more reasonable than you may first see, because when someone gets fired up over something they show a different side of them that may not actually reflect who they truly are. Respecting others' rights in game is crucial to bringing everyone together; don't use offensive language and don't cause others emotional grief, after all it's only a game.

As Ralph Waldo Emerson put it, "Men are respectable only as they respect". Work to set aside your differences guys, I know we can do it.

Lanfear

Other Parts:
Uniting the Snakes part 2- Leadership (http://forum.12sky2.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5203&p=65029#p65029)
Uniting the Snakes part 3- Economy (http://forum.12sky2.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5205)

maerykiss2
04-13-2009, 05:49 PM

lol heres a reality check-the PvP battles aren't about aims ,leadership such---stand still for 2 secs and ur gone----the best strategy would be to clump together with 1/3 guys doing stuns & 1/3 guys attacking and rest covering them with ranged
Alright first of all no, you just contradicted yourself.

You speak of strategy, which is EXACTLY what I was pushing. As for aims, WHY would you clump together in a war for no reason? You wouldn't; you do so because everyone there has a common GOAL of capturing the form or defeating all the other clans. And how do you propose everyone would get together on their own without talking? The ONLY way people would adhere to a strategy of any kind is if they were DIRECTED by someone else, in this case a leader. Regardless of the kind of tactic you propose, it will not be carried out at all unless everyone agrees that it will accomplish their main GOAL, and everyone lets themselves be governed by some modicum of leadership in battle.

Mayathi1
04-13-2009, 05:54 PM
you misunderstood my sarcasm lol,

I give away ALL my old gear,

Heck i gave away my 67% ench R95 armor.

Im probably the poorest Adept 1 atm,
usually living on 3mill

I take giving my old stuff away to a new level, i absolutely LOVE giving my gear away to lower levels to motivate them to level to use it,

the only time i sell stuff is when im getting desperate for cash and running low on pot money and even then i sell my SoEs at 800k, thats a whole 400~600k cheaper than what some people are trying to get away with.

alucard2
04-13-2009, 05:58 PM
leadership only is good if most warriors are dumb, then is better to lead them than leave alone. But if you have leet ninjas no leader is necessary. The battle minds act the best way automaticaly. How to have leet warriorz in battle? The rewards must be worth it. The thrill of a hunt is the prize leet warriorz are looking for, if there is no competition, ninjas stay in shadowz.

maerykiss2
04-13-2009, 06:00 PM
you misunderstood my sarcasm lol,

I give away ALL my old gear,

Heck i gave away my 67% ench R95 armor.

Im probably the poorest Adept 1 atm,
usually living on 3mill

I take giving my old stuff away to a new level, i absolutely LOVE giving my gear away to lower levels to motivate them to level to use it,

the only time i sell stuff is when im getting desperate for cash and running low on pot money and even then i sell my SoEs at 800k, thats a whole 400~600k cheaper than what some people are trying to get away with.
Oh then forgive me :( . I think I have you beat on the money though, I'm living on 1m or less usually, oftentimes I don't have enough money to repill for grinding. With that kind of mentality you should stay on Shadeglow and help fix things up ;) .

Mayathi1
04-13-2009, 06:05 PM
well xP 3 mill isnt much for me seen as when i repill i spend about 2~2.5mill xD

I just have to get lucky with the money purses. or waste my exp killing red dragons/flame clouds as most of the lower levels take the dancing phoenixs and thunder lords which are supose to be for adepts to get their money.

tomas2312
04-13-2009, 06:24 PM
A great man once said

"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up." :?

BUT the same man also said

"Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing." :twisted:

The Snakes will never be able to work together! :twisted:

jk, keep doing what your doing. Maybe you'll get some people to actually listen for once.

Asasinul12
04-13-2009, 06:27 PM

Reality check?

The PVP battles you are referring to I presume are the one on one battles? In which case, you're right. On a wider scale though, the battles that Lloyd is referring to are much larger scaled battles for stones, for invasions, and for faction goals. As such when the entire faction moves as one, they all should follow a common aim and goal, that being to overwhelm the opposition and as one body to achieve superiority. No one can do it alone, so they must all do it together and be united in that sense of purpose, or it will NOT be achieved. In uniting them, they will follow someone who dictates the aims, and the general flow of battle, and that is what Lloyd is elaborating on.

Reality check given. I hope you enjoyed your helping of reality. It's not a big slice I know but it sure is tasty. The next one will cost!

Logic.

maerykiss2
04-13-2009, 07:57 PM
This part is tricky; I touched on this portion in part 2, but I feel it needs more fleshing out so that everyone better understands what makes a good leader and how we should vote for one. Put on your reading glasses and grab some delicious snacks, we're in for a bumpy ride.

All Snakes please stand--> The Clan Leader

1.Clan General: Just a little recap from part 2; leaders need to be chosen based on their qualifications for leading an ENTIRE CLAN. They must show dedication to their fellow people and always be willing to sacrifice themselves and their time to better their community and make their clan more powerful.

We need a good leader for obvious reasons; he or she is always a good choice to lead us in wars, they can provide support for lower levels and less-experienced players, they give us a reason to grow stronger to fight for our clan, and they set an example for everyone else to follow. If we can elect the right leader then we can accomplish anything we set out to do; a good leader can unite his/her people even in the most dark of times. Perhaps one of the most important parts of clan unity in general, the choosing of a capable and wise leader is often difficult, but the results promise prosperity and establishment as the most successful clan.

Campaigning is a trail not easily tread, as there is much flaming and finger-pointing going on trying to sway votes one way or another. Here's the key in this part; don't dwell on the past, on "spilled milk". Everyone has done something they are not at all proud of, I know that from personal experience and from seeing friends do them, but we can't always worry about them. If people are always yelling "Hey!! XY did this and that to Z yesterday, and has been for weeks!!", we will NOT get anything done.

Put aside your differences and choose a leader you KNOW can lead when its called for and who can make good decisions under bad conditions. Look past all the slander and flaming (which SHOULD be avoided in the first place), look beyond your personal relation to a candidate and ask yourself "What makes this person a strong ruler, a firm yet just leader?". Pick the person who you are certain from seeing them act can rally the clan in times of trouble or great need and clear the path to victory. Pick someone who continuously places themself in the line of fire for the clan, who exudes a strong moral standing (a tolerant person, kind and helpful at all times, who thinks of the clan as a family rather than just some group of people they play an online game with), and who works hard at every possible moment to ensure the unification of the community.

After we have chosen this leader, we need to be sure we all work together to achieve the goals he/she set out to do while running for office. Say leader X wants to get the form at Ghost Valley every time the Snakes have a chance to fight for it (better yet, never LOSE it in the first place ;) ), we have to play our part here. We need to show up with our houses and friends and bring fervor to the battlefield, we need to listen to what our leader says and use strategy and force in spirit to overcome the other clans. We chose this leader to help us attain glory and honor for our clan, now we must reciprocate and work with him/her to accomplish what they set out to do for the clan.

There is no better way to unite a clan than through the strength of a confident leader. What happens when we pick a solid player to help our clan, to encourage the lower levels, to lead us in battle, to spur on the community to be the best it can be, and to make sure we are as dedicated and as excited to play as they are? We win wars, we get more experience, we get more powerful players, we develop a sense of belonging and friendship in the community, and we let the other clans know that if they want to be the best, they're gonna have to work 10X HARDER to even TRY and surpass what we as a Snake clan have already attained. Be prudent and shrewd when you choose a leader, because when we find the best person for the job we WILL go places, I guarantee it.

2. Assistant Clan Leaders: The task set for the Clan General is a great one no? That's where the helpers come in. Their job is to make sure that everything the Leader wants to do is done and tended to. They help the General make hard decisions for the clan when a big issue presents itself. They are the "extra arms" of the leader, an extension of his/her power.

For example, the leader wants ensure that people are getting good experience, in this case we'll say lower level maps, so he/she decides they want to organize parties in the maps for everyone so that people can get the most of their available grinding time. The leader can't be everywhere at once obviously, so they send a few of their assistants to each map to help set up some teams for grinding and questing. These players represent an extension of the leader's will, going places and doing things that he/she can not immediately do (to any degree of acceptable quality or efficiency).

These players also need to offer advice to newer players (or even less-savvy friends) who need help with the game in general; some people don't understand they main plot behind the game so some things may appear confusing, others may have trouble with a quest that has strange instructions, it's all situational. In effect, these players should do nearly as much work as the actual Clan General because they are helping lead and organize an ENTIRE CLAN, thousands and thousands of people. They should follow the same codes of conduct as the leader and promote the same images of success and cordiality as well. Don't forget that the assistants lead the clan when the General isn't available, so be sure that everyone agrees with the choices of assistant for the clan as well; the helpers play a big role in providing an example for others to follow, and also reflect how the leader wants to take care of business.

In summary of both positions, players should feel comfortable asking for the help of a Clan General or an assistant to him/her, and should have great confidence in their ability to lead them to a better in-game experience. Once all is said and done, everyone should agree that "Yes, I can deal with this leader and who they choose to help them because although I may or may not share his/her views, I can RESPECT what they want to achieve for the clan and how they want to make us better and stronger".

It's no easy task for certain, choosing a capable and noble leader, but I know for a fact that we as Snakes have what it takes to put out some good candidates, choose the best of the bunch, and follow him/her into the setting sun after a well-fought victory on the battlefield.

If you've made it this far you're in great shape :D . Thank you very much for reading, I appreciate any and all feedback/criticism; my goal is to make this clan a great place to be, both while having fun and dominating the other clans.

Lanfear

Other Parts:
Uniting the Snakes part 2- Leadership (http://forum.12sky2.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5203&p=65029#p65029)

BLooD2
04-13-2009, 08:01 PM
As much as I would love to see this happen, there will always be morons who start flaming riots just for the hell of it. It seems like maybe 15% of the snakes respect each other, so when 85% of them are loners that isnt good. Both this and the economy are great push factors for the snake clan im sorry to say it...

Asasinul12
04-13-2009, 08:33 PM
*whistles and claps*

Very well done. IN FACT I hate you now, because if snakes take this to heart, the tigers will have their hands full.

Good thing we are hungry!

Demoneyez1
04-13-2009, 08:52 PM
Alright guys here comes the next installment, respect and honor. Some people are either unaware, uninformed, or apathetic about what problems we have within our clan, so here goes nothing.

Code of Conduct--> Honor and Respect

Lanfear

I agree with you 120% and I also made a post for people on the rules of ks because a lot have a misunderstanding of it all ... i think that should be cleared up to further advance our unity and anyone else please dont flame this post with your sarcasm or optimism its enough of that going around its time to be proactive and positive, negativity kinda just sux the life outta of it all

maerykiss2
04-13-2009, 09:16 PM
A great man once said

"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up." :?

BUT the same man also said

"Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing." :twisted:

The Snakes will never be able to work together! :twisted:

jk, keep doing what your doing. Maybe you'll get some people to actually listen for once.
That is my goal, I'm sure people will get tired of all the fighting and eventually see the light. I know that we can come together, it just takes a little nudge in the right direction; hopefully my topics have provided some inspiration for getting things going.

maerykiss2
04-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Yeah it really is hard for higher levels; that's part of why we need to ameliorate the market so much. If the strongest players are crippled there isn't much we can do is there?

If everyone sees a lot of people doing the right thing in the economy then eventually they will all follow suit and help out; we'll get there I'm certain, we just need a few more people to set the trend ;) .

Demoneyez1
04-13-2009, 09:28 PM
man you never stop amazing me this is some good ish right here... I know some people who are very capable, but only problem we face with this is the pride and stubborness of snakes if we can break that barrier then the blood of other clans shall dye our close vermillion

04-13-2009, 09:36 PM
I also like how quick you can perish in Twelve Sky 2's war. Just like in life, one moment you can be there, next moment you're forgotten in the heat of war.

Yes Lan, I'm not stupid, I just prefer a more humorous and playful atmosphere.

Plus we've recently touched on "The Prince", a leader can't always be the kind one. It's easier to survive being feared then being loved.

maerykiss2
04-13-2009, 11:15 PM
I also like how quick you can perish in Twelve Sky 2's war. Just like in life, one moment you can be there, next moment you're forgotten in the heat of war.

Plus we've recently touched on "The Prince", a leader can't always be the kind one. It's easier to survive being feared then being loved.

Lol maybe you missed my sarcasm ;) . I know what those works speak of I've read them, they highlight well the things we must be wary of, yet also the ones we must take to heart and practice. In theory what you say is true, but would you REALLY want to play an online GAME where you were scared of your leader? I think not. We can certainly use some of the things mentioned in those works, but also take the rest with a grain of salt and be careful with of what we make use.

maerykiss2
04-13-2009, 11:20 PM
man you never stop amazing me this is some good ish right here... I know some people who are very capable, but only problem we face with this is the pride and stubborness of snakes if we can break that barrier then the blood of other clans shall dye our close vermillion
Thank you for the kind words, I like your enthusiasm! Yes I'm confident we can destroy that barrier because people will eventually LIKE the feeling of winning; once we all get behind a good leader and follow orders and work together we will be indestructible. I'm happy you like my ideas and that you managed to read all of it haha. Good show.

alucard2
04-14-2009, 12:36 AM
i am the Leader! :liontame:

hiphopmaki1
04-14-2009, 12:39 AM
what a nice ideas.. and yes i spend some money for upgrade my ( now old equip ) its np give free to guild member.. if i need money later i can ask in guild and sure any1 can help u with that.. help for help is free maybe u can need help in other time from this guy who u give ur old item ^^

04-14-2009, 12:49 AM

Lol maybe you missed my sarcasm ;) . I know what those works speak of I've read them, they highlight well the things we must be wary of, yet also the ones we must take to heart and practice. In theory what you say is true, but would you REALLY want to play an online GAME where you were scared of your leader? I think not. We can certainly use some of the things mentioned in those works, but also take the rest with a grain of salt and be careful with of what we make use.

Lan, you don't get it. Obviously it's a game of course. Fear don't have to be you're afraid, it's a game, why would you be scare of the internet? Fear as in inferior in strength and power. I only meant as a leader you're better off known as being a strong player then a lovable one.

maerykiss2
04-14-2009, 03:21 AM

Lan, you don't get it. Obviously it's a game of course. Fear don't have to be you're afraid, it's a game, why would you be scare of the internet? Fear as in inferior in strength and power. I only meant as a leader you're better off known as being a strong player then a lovable one.
Well then you should have said that ;) . Don't leave things like that up to personal interpretation, some things are awfully subjective and provoke dangerous discussions. It makes sense that the leader should be powerful, as I said in my fist post, so we agree :D . You don't want a weak leader like the heir to the throne from Braveheart now do you? [roflmao]

Orija71
04-14-2009, 05:11 PM

Reality check?

The PVP battles you are referring to I presume are the one on one battles? In which case, you're right. On a wider scale though, the battles that Lloyd is referring to are much larger scaled battles for stones, for invasions, and for faction goals. As such when the entire faction moves as one, they all should follow a common aim and goal, that being to overwhelm the opposition and as one body to achieve superiority. No one can do it alone, so they must all do it together and be united in that sense of purpose, or it will NOT be achieved. In uniting them, they will follow someone who dictates the aims, and the general flow of battle, and that is what Lloyd is elaborating on.

Reality check given. I hope you enjoyed your helping of reality. It's not a big slice I know but it sure is tasty. The next one will cost!

Logic.
the uniting all snakes sounds cool & epic and all, but its not gonna work,players care more about themselves than the one getting pwned next to them --i've seen this happen everytime-- its natural instinct+do you really think this sacrificing or following the leader stuff is going to provide victory???? :roll: & even if we have a leader.......
-who'd have time to listen to him and follow his orders right in the middle of a war
-what would happen if he were to die???

the best thing would be to just give your individual best

Smiles1
04-16-2009, 02:17 PM
*whistles and claps*

Very well done. IN FACT I hate you now, because if snakes take this to heart, the tigers will have their hands full.

Good thing we are hungry!

lol ran out of cakes Logic? :P

Grasul1k3Ale2
04-16-2009, 04:23 PM
wow, you wrote alot of stuff.

....too bad alot of people don't like reading. :P

maerykiss2
04-16-2009, 05:52 PM

I tried to make the other topics a bit shorter because I knew that many people wouldn't read something too long, but this one is very important and I couldn't do it justice by paraphrasing.

I could have either made 5 topics each starting with a paragraph or two, in order to explain this topic in smaller segments, or I could have a made a single topic with everything in one; I chose the single topic to reduce spam and centralize my discussion ;) .

In the end I feel these topics will benefit everyone who reads and thinks about them, regardless of their clan; I just hope the Snakes can come together sooner rather than later.

Smiles1
04-17-2009, 02:41 AM

I tried to make the other topics a bit shorter because I knew that many people wouldn't read something too long, but this one is very important and I couldn't do it justice by paraphrasing.

I could have either made 5 topics each starting with a paragraph or two, in order to explain this topic in smaller segments, or I could have a made a single topic with everything in one; I chose the single topic to reduce spam and centralize my discussion ;) .

In the end I feel these topics will benefit everyone who reads and thinks about them, regardless of their clan; I just hope the Snakes can come together sooner rather than later.

if people actually read, and follow through, theres a bright future for us =D
the brightness is covered now by giant oversized tigers, but its ok brains beat brawns all the time haha, im just joking, dont get mad plz :)

P.S.
We will enjoy stealing those kitty's milk ;)

maerykiss2
04-17-2009, 03:31 AM

if people actually read, and follow through, theres a bright future for us =D
the brightness is covered now by giant oversized tigers, but its ok brains beat brawns all the time haha, im just joking, dont get mad plz :)

P.S.
We will enjoy stealing those kitty's milk ;)
Joking eh? I find that a superior strategy (brain) will often triumph over a more powerful (brawny) foe; don't hesitate to tell the tigers how it's gonna be, you're right on track ;) .

famous2
04-17-2009, 09:48 AM
we need to have controle over the litle players ...like we are the Adepts and ppl w8 for us to give instructions...sow..if we dont agry they will not agryy to...!!!

Zplut691
04-17-2009, 01:03 PM
Hmmm Iam not a Snake and I dont know about your Ingame experience but you look like a capable person when it comes to leading a Clan ... :mrgreen:

ariort12
04-18-2009, 12:40 AM
OMFG GIANT WALL OF TEXT ; QUICK MUST HIT X BUTTON NAO.

Naw, Good Thread Lannie ; Hope u and snakes do well :D

goldwyn20002
04-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Reading all parts was quite a task, Lloyd, but you did a great job on pointing out how the different parts of the game can be used to make a unified and respectful clan. I added it to the guide to guides in the Snakes section with the comment that this is applicable to all clans.

Good job

goldwyn20002
04-18-2009, 01:49 PM
I think is a very important part...the game is different from ts1 in that all units and armor are equal, this means that cooperation will lead to victory and not blind heroics (which could work in ts1 if you had the right built and the best gear). This game will bring a lot more challenge in that cooperation and coordination will give you a chance to win even if the odds are stacked against you. We need to adapt to the new settings of this radically different game.

wirus1
04-18-2009, 01:52 PM
great job ;)

wirus1
04-18-2009, 01:54 PM
agree too this part is very important.great job .....

maerykiss2
04-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Reading all parts was quite a task, Lloyd, but you did a great job on pointing out how the different parts of the game can be used to make a unified and respectful clan. I added it to the guide to guides in the Snakes section with the comment that this is applicable to all clans.

Good job
I'm pleased you managed to read them all haha, but thank you for your efforts and my inclusion in the guide. I hope with them in the great guide, more people will see these and learn from them, as I only want to make the game more interesting and fun to play.

Thanks everyone for reading, I'm very happy you like it all ;) .

Vardant1
04-19-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm thinking of a pretty good quote for leadership : "A humanitarian in peace times, an anti-hero in war times!", well done Lloyd, keep up the work!

dart142
04-20-2009, 04:05 PM
the uniting all snakes sounds cool & epic and all, but its not gonna work,players care more about themselves than the one getting pwned next to them --i've seen this happen everytime-- its natural instinct+do you really think this sacrificing or following the leader stuff is going to provide victory???? :roll: & even if we have a leader.......
-who'd have time to listen to him and follow his orders right in the middle of a war
-what would happen if he were to die???

the best thing would be to just give your individual best

yup sacrifice and follow provided victory many times in 100-112 war when I sacrifice myself and run in to tigers and then other snakes rushed them

Orija71
04-20-2009, 04:52 PM
I think is a very important part...the game is different from ts1 in that all units and armor are equal, this means that cooperation will lead to victory and not blind heroics (which could work in ts1 if you had the right built and the best gear). This game will bring a lot more challenge in that cooperation and coordination will give you a chance to win even if the odds are stacked against you. We need to adapt to the new settings of this radically different game.
i really don't see that happening---do mean saving weak guys by "cooperation"?? personally if someone is getting pwned -> means he is weak .i don't see any point in putting yourself at risk for helping weaklings+ what if you helped someone weaker than yourself and got killed in the process ,won't it lower the chances of the clan winning (weaker surviving,stronger getting sacrificed ) only the toughest survive and should survive in wars.

maerykiss2
04-20-2009, 08:30 PM
The object is to keep as many people on your side alive, perhaps to outnumber the enemy and better your chances of securing a more solid victory, so why would you NOT help your fellow clansmen? That completely defeats the purpose of working together to create a more powerful opposition to your opponent's attacks; it's because we DON'T work together enough that we don't win more.

Everyone is valuable on the battlefield, no matter what level; everyone has something to contribute, no matter how trivial it may seem. If someone is getting "owned", why would you just let your friend die? Especially in a multi-teaming situation, it is crucial that a clan stick together and take care of their own. Why do you think Tigers are often good at PvP? They have each others' backs and don't try and play the "hero" (this "heroic" role MAY be useful in some strategies, but oftentimes there is NO strategy involved, which makes it all for naught). I'm not saying this is always the case, but there are some people that have found an effective way of running themselves, and they should be commended.

This game is balanced now, all clans have the same stat percentages for each weapon, so the style of PvP has changed as well. Going solo won't work unless you have amazing gear, sharp wits, and good skills, and so far there aren't any players like that yet (this is obviously bound to change, soon probably). If we don't develop some sort of plan, or at least a militaristic idea that could be expanded upon, we won't succeed as much as we could, and should, as Snakes.

dofur2
04-21-2009, 10:50 PM
merged all topics into one.

stickied.

dragonu1012
04-22-2009, 05:04 AM
wow ..

wirus copied my sig lol.

reading still on topic.
longggggggg

Nightfal1
04-22-2009, 06:14 PM
Good job on this lol took a while to read but as i havnt played Ts2 yet dose all what uv said only apply for that server cos when waterburn comes out every 1 is going to be equal and just going to be a big mess for leadership :P i hope things work out on water tho wouldnt want a whole faction to turn on each other

as i said befor good job it wasted some of my time and was a good read :D

maerykiss2
04-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Good job on this lol took a while to read but as i havnt played Ts2 yet dose all what uv said only apply for that server cos when waterburn comes out every 1 is going to be equal and just going to be a big mess for leadership :P i hope things work out on water tho wouldnt want a whole faction to turn on each other

as i said befor good job it wasted some of my time and was a good read :D
Haha thank you. No, what I said holds true for all clans and any server; those principals and methods all apply to everyday life in game, no matter where you are. I actually made many topics to try and reduce the daunting task of reading such a long post, but I think them having been made into one could be more convenient :shock: I agree, I think people will start to slowly work things out, in both servers, and that we can leave our previous disagreements behind and start anew with the advent of OB.

Todes1
04-23-2009, 01:41 AM
Yeah Lloyd has got the right idea, I've done everything from running guilds an coalitions on many MMOs (but not this one yet :P), and it works the same in real life too. Help the lower levels buy cutting them a break, help your House buy cutting it's members breaks, and help your Clan in the same way.

However due to the nature of the internet, not everyone is honest, so trust should and must be earned first. People shouldn't expect to just be piled upon with extras and donations, rather that if they work and show true effort in what they do they will be rewarded for such. If leaders simply throw the bones to just their clique and not to the workers in their House, things will collapse, in every possible way.

BoneCollector1
04-29-2009, 08:19 PM

Reality check?

Logic.

Here is another reality check. People have their own minds once it comes to anything. All things you guys said are useful, but it takes maturity to understand. Every war, I ask the clan go to war at their levels. However, some will go and some will preferrably stand still to sell or go grinding.

BLooD2
05-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Well, it doesnt help that 4/5 of the clan are children 6-12 who dont understand the meaning of maturity or leadership. This is the age where they go on that trying to be a "hero" phase where its like "I can handle this by myself". My conclusion its hard to unite a bunch of immature loners under one role, a leader.
Good luck with doing this, ill deal with it in the mean time by ignoring them and uniting the ones who will listen and ARE mature. Isnt that what houses are for? Uniting a small group of people.

Ichisan

biberon2
05-11-2009, 08:27 AM
Well, it doesnt help that 4/5 of the clan are children 6-12 who dont understand the meaning of maturity or leadership. This is the age where they go on that trying to be a "hero" phase where its like "I can handle this by myself". My conclusion its hard to unite a bunch of immature loners under one role, a leader.
Good luck with doing this, ill deal with it in the mean time by ignoring them and uniting the ones who will listen and ARE mature. Isnt that what houses are for? Uniting a small group of people.

Ichisan

ure right but there will always be 6-12 yo children that dont understand so the best thing to do is leave them in there "hero" scene and see what they can make of it... In our house we have some guys who wannabe a "hero" but there diing great job @ GhostValley...
so I think that ure opinion/thought is wrong about those kids we have them in the Faction so why not make the best off it by letting them do what they are good in...

Its true houses are for uniting and having more fun while grinding but I dont get the point that were a bunch of immature loners...we can and we should work TOGHETER but u dont support people by calling them like that...

GodsPower1
06-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Hey Lloyd what server are you in?guild?

maerykiss2
06-11-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm the House Master of Myth in Shadeglow, I haven't been on a few days due to busy times irl, but I'll be back soon. My ign is Lanfear btw, in case my forum name was being sneakily misleading or my sig wasn't clear ;) .

Kitsume1
06-24-2009, 12:26 AM
I agree with Lloyd at the fullest extent, heck I sometimes give out lvl 45-65 rares (sometimes higher level ones) and if i ever decide to sell em, I try to make them the cheapest possible that I can afford to do, and one good reason i agree with Lloyd on economy, the lvl 60 skills for saber is ridiculous in so many ways that I can hardly see why they bother trying to make it higher and higher until it ends up being like Revenant Awaken in Tiger side where darkwrath explained, so yeah.. that's pretty despicable people ><

Celinadreamer1
07-13-2009, 02:54 PM
This is a wonderful post, very well thought out and worth the time to read. It is specialy improtant to cut breaks to new players. Priceing and attitudes can make someone intrested at first think that it is useless to even make an attempt at excelling in the game if they feel overwhelemd at first. My hat is off to the both of you :D

wukong1
07-20-2009, 03:27 PM
thumbs up~~ :o nice thread with sexy opinions~

Nova
07-23-2009, 08:12 PM
http://i32.tinypic.com/wwkgi9.jpg

xXNemoXx
08-02-2009, 11:58 AM
lol! You Are GOODWith this topics

mooXoom
08-06-2009, 04:39 PM
snakes will never unit cuz theres to many lazy snakes(as in always sitting in town selling, just waiting for war, just afk every min of the day, especially not caring for anything). 80% of shadeglow snakes r lazy n its a fact idk about waterburn cuz i didnt play on tat server. When we get attacked no1 cares to help when we rush to get stones no1 cares to move. snakes 100% blow every1 just cares about getting high enchant % n not do anything with tat weapon other then selling it out for money. Snakes = money money money just like the fujins in ts1.... nothing changes but atleast 80% of the snakes have lives not like other factions =D gotta give credit to snakes for some reason....

Name:mooXoom
lvl:a2
weapons:a2 saber 99% cs12
house:(moo)LethalTheory
server:equinox

Sumiyori
08-10-2009, 06:48 AM
Snakes are doing better after the merge. WB snakes kinda revived the faction. Also the 40% dmg should motivate you now to grind and lvl up faster. And we need an active FL, XRAILE COME BACK MAN, WE NEED YOU!

mooXoom
08-10-2009, 02:06 PM
LOL i agree we do need xraile back. but finally we r getting along n moving on with the grinding n finally no more -10% for us. instead of just having 10% increase got 40% finally tat is way way way much better. Snakes FTW?! idc aslong as FL is either xraile or gstar im happy with it lol.

weapon:a2 saber 117% cs 12
a2 ring 99% cs12
a2 vital cape 99%cs 2
a2 armor 102% cs 9
a2 necklace 87% cs 3
house:(Moo)PublicEnemy
Pet:HP 26.4%

xDanSeaunx1
10-13-2009, 07:23 PM
we are so many that we rule the TS2 :lol: and the economy of Snakes takes all ur economies up if u didn't get it yet :shock: do u really know how many players have their alts in Snake clan only for selling and farming so if it wasn't us u would be broke :P
but yes we DO need some action to see in our clan :roll: sp ppl WAKE UP and show 'em all that we the Snakes can pwn' em all :arrow:

SatokoSan
11-09-2009, 11:32 PM
everybody is like saying that all clans are lazy instead of moaning about it just get yourself a good house and work together invite low levels and show them what to do. They will automaticly do the same when they're high levels. In my House we stick together give and pass items to each other. Hell we even wait for each other to level we're all a1/a3 except for 3 or 4 low levels now and soon we'll be moving out to sky cause we think that snakes are too stubborn and selfish even during wars there is no teamwork. they all wanna be the hero and do foolish things.

its just hard to find good people in every faction that is willing to help you out. i remember when i started for the first time i had a lot of questions and the only awnser i got was: noob. then i met some guys who were willin to help me so now i do the same when a low lvl ask me for some help. if u do so there will be a chain reaction of unity

Demon011
01-27-2010, 11:04 PM
Nice,i think it hard work to Write all of that but thanks.

Crucify
07-21-2010, 11:39 AM
GREAT Thread :) and as for mooXoom; I buy your saber D:

JUNREYtheBREAKER
06-13-2012, 11:16 AM
I agree! rather than sell it into high price, sell it to lower price and if you have a junk item well give it to those worthy snake clan player.

stefan121
06-13-2012, 05:51 PM
I agree! rather than sell it into high price, sell it to lower price and if you have a junk item well give it to those worthy snake clan player.
you seen the date?

LeaveItToTheLine
04-04-2019, 10:55 PM
much better to give a salary every HSB

darkshogun
12-08-2019, 08:39 AM
snakes will never unit cuz theres to many lazy snakes(as in always sitting in town selling, just waiting for war, just afk every min of the day, especially not caring for anything). 80% of shadeglow snakes r lazy n its a fact idk about waterburn cuz i didnt play on tat server. When we get attacked no1 cares to help when we rush to get stones no1 cares to move. snakes 100% blow every1 just cares about getting high enchant % n not do anything with tat weapon other then selling it out for money. Snakes = money money money just like the fujins in ts1.... nothing changes but atleast 80% of the snakes have lives not like other factions =D gotta give credit to snakes for some reason....

weapons:a2 saber 99% cs12
house:(moo)LethalTheory
server:equinox

damn this is an old post but it's incredibly true or atleast was