PDA

View Full Version : Topic updates, email sent.

Asasinul12
01-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Hey, sometimes its difficult to remember what topics we created or have commented on. Is there a way of having an email sent out to notify people of updates or replies?

Just curious.

omnytrix2
01-17-2009, 01:54 PM
It is possible. But right now we want to limit the e-mails we send out. We don't want to accidentally get placed on spam list filters for major e-mail providers. That has happened in the past for me and sometimes it can take a while to work it out with the other company.

There is a view your topics link in the top right of the forum. Would this suit your needs?

Asasinul12
01-17-2009, 02:10 PM
It is possible. But right now we want to limit the e-mails we send out. We don't want to accidentally get placed on spam list filters for major e-mail providers. That has happened in the past for me and sometimes it can take a while to work it out with the other company.

There is a view your topics link in the top right of the forum. Would this suit your needs?

Suit my needs, no, LOL but yes, it's ultimately dependent on my wanting to know who replied to either me or my comments. Somethings we don't need to know ;)

And yes, I understand why, it could seriously hamper your efforts, especially as a fledling concern, and seeing as you are beginning your marketing strategy. It would hardly be a good call to have your email servers put on spam lists, that are them propogated who knows where. I should of thought of that, doh! Next time, will put brain in gear before opening mouth.

I hear it's all the rage ;)

omnytrix2
01-17-2009, 02:20 PM
No worries, that is what we are here for.

hannah2
01-17-2009, 02:45 PM
To add to this, if you view your own profile, you can see all posts you've made and all topics which you've started. It should suit your needs for now without the emails. Sorry!

edisor132
01-17-2009, 04:15 PM
yeah also Logic u can see in your profile the more active post of you visited or u maked so then u can watch there your replies.

muffiiin2
01-18-2009, 10:27 AM
cool thnx

Satanel2
01-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Dodge, did you post at the end of every topic you could find for a post count?