PDA

View Full Version : Auction House

mircea1a2
01-16-2009, 04:43 AM
Why not take out stalls, and add in an auction house? It really would be so much easier to find things people need, not to mention
It might reduce lag in towns.

muffiiin2
01-16-2009, 07:51 AM
yeah an auction house is actually very useful, i have used them in other games, really helps when looking for things in a hurry

edisor132
01-16-2009, 07:52 AM
Maybe yes but in 12sky2 you have 5 pages of store for put items there, so maybe all depends how that method of u says can be (if its a fast method then agree, if takes more time than open a store "stall" in the town then desagree)

omnytrix2
01-16-2009, 03:46 PM
We already discussed a Auction House system. We do not want to take stalls out just yet, but we do want there to be reasons players would choose one or the other when selling an item. Though I cannot discuss further details, I just wanted to note that we are one step ahead of you on this one. ;)

suprem962
01-16-2009, 04:17 PM
wow mayn isn't messing around there getting it together and fast keep up the good work

omnytrix2
01-16-2009, 04:19 PM
wow mayn isn't messing around there getting it together and fast keep up the good work
Thank you for the kind words! We will try our best. :)

edisor132
01-17-2009, 07:29 AM
like i said "and sorry for the peeps" they are a european online games enterprise :) they do the best work fever and ever :P than the americans haha :twisted:

muffiiin2
01-17-2009, 02:07 PM
actually akat, some of the ppl working in mayn are americans lol

01-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Here's a compliment of Mayn, they actually listen and consider.

Anyway why not have stall and auction house? Can work both ways, some games have both and works pretty well.

Sraduy2
01-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Im not so crazy about an auction house it kills the market, but im sure we can make it work out and just have a set limit of how many items and the quantity that can be sold.

Gabriel2
01-18-2009, 07:24 PM
like i said "and sorry for the peeps" they are a european online games enterprise :) they do the best work fever and ever :P than the americans haha :twisted:
haha this made me laugh and i absolutely agree :D

01-18-2009, 08:16 PM

I don't understand half the time he's talking.

poila2
01-20-2009, 12:34 AM
maybe there should be an auction system with like a 5% deduction of sales made.

and a stall which has no deduction

this would keep traditional system and allow a new system keeping the town looking full and active while still having no lag.

Slayer2
01-20-2009, 07:13 AM
Auction House for the (add item mall currency here) buyers to sell (add item mall currency here) for IG gold to non-(add item mall currency here) buyers ? :P

Normally I would say AP, but since this isn't aeriagames and no idea what item mall currency they will use so I put it like this :P.

boghi2
02-13-2009, 12:33 AM
i like this idea. it will you narrow down your searches to wat you want specifically. make it easier for the seller and buyer. :chairspin: :pglomp:

goldwyn20002
02-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Here's a compliment of Mayn, they actually listen and consider.

Anyway why not have stall and auction house? Can work both ways, some games have both and works pretty well.

I sort of like the stalls...yeah, it gives sometimes a little bit of lag (a lot for some of us) but it is also nice to browse for that item that is just a little cheaper and everyone else overlooked it (something that will not happen in an auction house). So both would be nice since "being a shop" doesn't really helps in getting lvls whereas an auction house will give you the opportunity to sell while you grind. Of course making that remark...what about bots, what if 12sky2 is not as bot proof as they want...they would now sell will they grind too...

I would say at least keep the charm of the stalls. But considering Guimeer's comment I think that is what they are intend to do...but with a new twist to it. Geez, you gotta love MAYN...thanks.

CobraBlad3r2
02-14-2009, 12:21 AM

I don't understand half the time he's talking.

agree :roll:

CobraBlad3r2
02-14-2009, 12:23 AM
we want auction!
(with all respect) :D

goldwyn20002
02-14-2009, 01:09 AM
we want auction!

eh..ok...is that with or without individual player shops. So as an addition to or the only way of selling stuff?

CobraBlad3r2
02-14-2009, 12:43 PM
we want auction!

eh..ok...is that with or without individual player shops. So as an addition to or the only way of selling stuff?

personly i'd like to have it like the most using way of selling items, trade must be avaible aswel of course.
but i really hate personal shops, you can't discuss the price cuz they're mostly afk, the town is overfull and then my pc get's laggy...
but still, i'm only an individual, be i can't see why people would like to sell it other way (personal shop)
and the most emportant, that way you can see what costs what. cuz in ts1 i've ripped of prety mutch :/

CobraBlad3r2
02-15-2009, 11:13 AM
we want auction!

personly i'd like to have it like the most using way of selling items, trade must be avaible aswel of course.
but i really hate personal shops, you can't discuss the price cuz they're mostly afk, the town is overfull and then my pc get's laggy...
but still, i'm only an individual, be i can't see why people would like to sell it other way (personal shop)
and the most emportant, that way you can see what costs what. cuz in ts1 i've got ripped of prety mutch :/

goldwyn20002
02-16-2009, 10:47 PM
True, but in an auction you will also not be able to "discuss" the price. I do agree it can get laggy at times...but the thing I like is that you can just walk around, ppl shouting their offers you can discuss the prices...in the mean time you can just browse the shops and maybe find a good deal somewhere.

Yes, auction house would be interesting although I am not really sure what the difference will be with the "commission" option in 12sky1. Is it in an auction house that you can set for instance a minimum price and then say sell in 7 days and ppl can outbid each other during that time and the highest bidder after 7 days gets it? I am not against other ways of selling things (like I said, let's have both)...it is fun to have multiple options of making some money...just wondering how exactly the auction house will work.

PS: I never played WOW but I think this idea came from there....correct me if I am wrong.

AmErYkAnU932
02-17-2009, 12:33 PM
i think the auction house should be just like the game alantica it was realy easy to use and some items was fixed priced like food to get hp was fixed at 100 for a rice ball that gave +50 hp then they had players prices that was lower and higher for the fixed price and weapons that was +1-+9 was players prices it was realy easy to find cheaper items because the cheapest ones go on top and down from there even tho people say they want to keep the stales and what not i think there should be a poll on this one and o yeah and some game items should be fixed price just so things don't get out of hand with prices but then again a auction house might replace npc but some npc have quest so i guess it is still ok for a auction house but i still want to do a poll on it

deniel2
02-17-2009, 01:04 PM
stallas are better they save u time and items selll fast
so i vote for stalls

dart142
02-17-2009, 03:25 PM
depends how you look at it, at AH you could check all in one place, not need run from stal to stal

undeworls2
02-17-2009, 03:29 PM
I've played games with auction houses before and used the AH quite a lot in them. Used it so much that I almost never opened a stall. Always felt good leaving stuff to sell in the AH before you go to sleep and waking up n collecting your money.

sfantul2
02-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Auction house is the way to go here. Bottom line, auction house actually allows for a representation of a real world free market system. Having everything in one place is, in my opinion, the best system. Stalls do nothing but create lag and unfair pricing advantages which causes people to get ripped off (both buyer and seller). An auction house stabilizes a market and allows EVERYONE to know exactly how much an item will sell for on a consistent basis. If players wish to communicate with each other about price and enter negotiations then these players can utilize PMs or mail. Also, it makes it much more convenient for players so they can both sell their items and still be allowed to play rather than having to park your character for hours just to sell items. I say go strictly auction house as there is no real need for stalls at all anymore; there is a better and more advanced way to the benefit of everyone.

As for the way selling on the auction house would go, each time an item is posted on the auction house there will be a deposit necessary depending on the amount of time you wish to list the item. At the completion of the sale there will be an auction house fee for a certain percentage of the sales price and your deposit will be returned. If the item does not sell there will be no fee but your deposit will be taken. This allows MAYN to make in-game money but also force players to price competitively so they don't waste large amounts of money continously reposting items because they didn't sell.

There will be two methods to posting items:
1.) Set a base price and allow players to bid for a predetermined amount of time based on players' choice and subsequent deposit. At the end of the set time the seller has the choice of selling to the highest bidder or reposting the item.
2.) Set a base price (which will allow player bidding) but also set a "buyout" price that will allow players to buy the item instantly at said buyout price.

bjorni331
02-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Ya it could been useful xD

Juicy1
02-18-2009, 04:49 AM
how bout a dedicated market place, where everyone can go to sell/buy their stuff using stalls??

DarkSlayer1
02-21-2009, 12:47 AM
an auction house wil be great but i hope they will make a very well organised auction house :mrgreen:

borealis1
03-23-2009, 04:43 PM
Auction house is the must for any great game coz everyone can compare the lowest and highest price of an item within 1 glance using the search function. For those who like to set stall, maybe to avoid the extra % charge, the search function can include the item from player's stall too.

Freak3121
03-23-2009, 07:28 PM
only thing with bidding is ppl can create alts and get the bids up to a higher price. It would work for extremely hard to find items. Then ppl would be getting ripped off. I think a set price and not a auction would be better. That way if you overpriced your item ppl would be able to see that.