PDA

View Full Version : Improving Faction Invasion and Defense Tactics

Ariciup2
01-16-2009, 03:21 AM
Other games have implemented in general situations, and it has worked wonders.

What I'm getting at is an option given to the Faction leader and Vice Faction Leaders the ability to literally draw on the mini map, and is viewable by all faction members within that map. This would take the maturity of the invading and defending aspects of 12sky2 to a whole other lvl.

This could also be implemented to everyone at a party lvl as well, so as all within a party can coordinate themselves and so on.

Pros.
-> Allows the Faction Leader to keep regroup points and so on private, so as to dissuade spies with multiple comps and so on.
-> Makes tactic calling generally easier when the shot caller can illustrate where we need to be, instead of spamming coordinates and waiting 15 minutes for those who dont quite understand the coordinates system to luck out and find the regroup.
-> Allows a faction to split its forces, and experiment with new warring techniqes.

I call it the John Madden Technique!

As soon as I saw this implementation in a game I was trying out, I literally drooled at the thought of being able to use something like this is in 12sky.

I now look forward to criticism, whats everyone think??

slaymaker2
01-16-2009, 03:24 AM
it sounds really good
rendevous points are a good idea

copcea122
01-16-2009, 03:26 AM
that is a incredible idea would really help out with tatical plans..

pro9112
01-16-2009, 04:02 AM
ya i like it so when your done drawing the lines and x and o's and get ready to go in i say that have to say/type BOOM for the madden funny

01-16-2009, 04:03 AM
Great suggestion kidn of like guild wars fi anyone tried.

elena2
01-16-2009, 05:26 AM
rofl John Madden technique XD. The only thing is.. I don't think even Madden understands what he puts down sometimes... When he's all done... it's just a big mess lol. Are you sure this is good?

Ariciup2
01-16-2009, 06:30 AM
Well u have a point about John Madden, but in capable hands this can take the pvp in 12sky2 to a place no other versions of 12sky could ever imagine!

copcea122
01-16-2009, 06:33 AM
yeah dude stone battles will be so great yonngok battles invasion omg u can use it on anything..

edisor132
01-16-2009, 07:57 AM
great idea im 100% agree with it!

omnytrix2
01-16-2009, 03:53 PM
We will see if this is a feature that we can add. Thanks for the suggestion!

01-16-2009, 05:01 PM

What I'm getting at is an option given to the Faction leader and Vice Faction Leaders the ability to literally draw on the mini map, and is viewable by all faction members within that map. This would take the maturity of the invading and defending aspects of 12sky2 to a whole other lvl.

This could also be implemented to everyone at a party lvl as well, so as all within a party can coordinate themselves and so on.

Pros.
-> Allows the Faction Leader to keep regroup points and so on private, so as to dissuade spies with multiple comps and so on.
-> Makes tactic calling generally easier when the shot caller can illustrate where we need to be, instead of spamming coordinates and waiting 15 minutes for those who dont quite understand the coordinates system to luck out and find the regroup.
-> Allows a faction to split its forces, and experiment with new warring techniqes.

As soon as I saw this implementation in a game I was trying out, I literally drooled at the thought of being able to use something like this is in 12sky.

I now look forward to criticism, whats everyone think??sound good i agree

elena2
01-16-2009, 06:29 PM
I think this is only good for confusing the enemy, but we'll see what happens XD.

01-16-2009, 09:45 PM
How would it confuse the enemy seeing that enemies won't view your minimap. It would be a feature where only the FL can draw on the minimap and everyone of his faction on the same map could see. Also the drawing would last for a few seconds or so. We can sure get attention, formation, teams, tactics, ideas.

elena2
01-16-2009, 09:52 PM
How would it confuse the enemy seeing that enemies won't view your minimap. It would be a feature where only the FL can draw on the minimap and everyone of his faction on the same map could see. Also the drawing would last for a few seconds or so. We can sure get attention, formation, teams, tactics, ideas.
Ahem, if we had spies in our factions, they wouldn't know exactly which way to go.. and neither would we(if it's John Madden Style).

01-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Ahem, if we had spies in our factions, they wouldn't know exactly which way to go.. and neither would we(if it's John Madden Style).

Oh yeah, I never thought of that. That would be funny. We can write on the minimap:

Get Out Spies! I C U!

Ariciup2
01-16-2009, 10:37 PM
well on sky1 I remember a lot of times the spies wouldnt be high enough to go to yang let alone invade with us map by map. So they would make a lvl 1 toon and sit in town and read off our FL announcements.

casanova2
01-17-2009, 02:51 PM
nice suggestion, again 100% afree :mrgreen:

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________

12sky:
IGN:BiscatePT
Faction: Snake Clan/Fujin lvl 111
Server:Vengeance

muffiiin2
01-18-2009, 10:27 AM
super awesome idea, I love your thinking

Addictive2
01-18-2009, 05:42 PM
Great idea that would make a big step up in invasion planning and tactics u can use.My support!

Sraduy2
01-18-2009, 05:55 PM
i say we wait and see how things go

Stefansetul2
01-18-2009, 06:06 PM
How about as an add on to that awesome idea the FL cape could have a few added powers like being able to beep a signal which means he appears on ur factions map so u can tell where he is so u can follow him. Or maybe the FL could have a flag which he could drop at positions so people could tell if they were in the right place. This would just add to the previous idea to make tactics easier.
Criticise at will.... lol

elena2
01-18-2009, 09:36 PM
well on sky1 I remember a lot of times the spies wouldnt be high enough to go to yang let alone invade with us map by map. So they would make a lvl 1 toon and sit in town and read off our FL announcements.
I actually trained when I spied. I had a lvl 53 fujin spy and a lvl 78 jin spy XD

effect2
01-19-2009, 10:24 AM
This is an excellent idea Death. Only downfall is if the FL/vFL mucks around and starts drawing disturbing images.. :shock:

Slayer2
01-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Dunno if they did anything to the FL talk system on TS1 but it sucked at the time I was FL.

Can't remember what was the command anymore but you actually had to type (/(command here)) so a box would appear where you input the text.
And the freaking box was on the way all the time so made the whole thing even harder :P.

poila2
01-20-2009, 12:26 AM
great idea :P

tomas2312
01-20-2009, 03:31 PM
lmao prnu its still exactly like that.
oh and good idea death.

acelasi2
01-20-2009, 03:49 PM
great idea death

Ariciup2
01-28-2009, 11:12 AM
Dunno if they did anything to the FL talk system on TS1 but it sucked at the time I was FL.

Can't remember what was the command anymore but you actually had to type (/(command here)) so a box would appear where you input the text.
And the freaking box was on the way all the time so made the whole thing even harder :P.

Yea prNu, still sucks that much, especially when ur in the battle as well......

This is an excellent idea Death. Only downfall is if the FL/vFL mucks around and starts drawing disturbing images.. :shock:

Well in a situation like that, im sure any offensive or crude images/whatever that was drawn by the respective FL wouldnt go unnoticed by all the othe faction members in that same map?? :shock: :shock:

MATAA2
01-28-2009, 01:20 PM
lol, you could also have madden options

Asasinul12
01-28-2009, 01:36 PM

Pros.

Good idea with several proviso's. If this is possible, you should ONLY be able to use this within the confines of a party. Only those within your party get to see this feature, and ONLY the creator of the party gets to draw onthe mini map and the rest get to see not be able to add to it or amend it. That means if an FL decides to defend or have a raiding party then he controls the mini map technique and can add say maybe>? Oh I don't know say 10 people to the party? This limiting to a party group has the advantage of being able to control who sees what and also purposefully limits the faction sharing information, so as ot not give out to much of an advantage to the entire faction.

Clearly others going on raiding parties or defending can make their own groups of people and as such can control the mini maps in those groups, but doing it in this way gives some advantage to groups of people and does not give to much of an advantage to the entire faction. Plus the limiting of shared information cuts down what is broadcast to the entire faction which can be a good thing as we've seen here about people who purposefully create spy accounts. Something I feel is distasteful and somehow a cheat (Although it could be seen as a sneaky, ugly, cowardly tactic - Just saying!)

Just my opinions.

dofur2
01-30-2009, 07:52 PM

Pros.

Good idea with several proviso's. If this is possible, you should ONLY be able to use this within the confines of a party. Only those within your party get to see this feature, and ONLY the creator of the party gets to draw onthe mini map and the rest get to see not be able to add to it or amend it. That means if an FL decides to defend or have a raiding party then he controls the mini map technique and can add say maybe>? Oh I don't know say 10 people to the party? This limiting to a party group has the advantage of being able to control who sees what and also purposefully limits the faction sharing information, so as ot not give out to much of an advantage to the entire faction.

Clearly others going on raiding parties or defending can make their own groups of people and as such can control the mini maps in those groups, but doing it in this way gives some advantage to groups of people and does not give to much of an advantage to the entire faction. Plus the limiting of shared information cuts down what is broadcast to the entire faction which can be a good thing as we've seen here about people who purposefully create spy accounts. Something I feel is distasteful and somehow a cheat (Although it could be seen as a sneaky, ugly, cowardly tactic - Just saying!)

Just my opinions.

i kind of agree with logic. it counteracts most of the spying. but to be honest. i find parties too limiting. i would like to suggest that it would be able to be used in a guild/clan where the leader would be the only one able to draw on the map.

or use both suggestions and simply make the drawings in a different color. green for a party and purple for guild for example. (although it would probably make your map look like a mess if you're in a guild AND a party)

Ariciup2
02-01-2009, 12:28 AM

Pros.

Quoting myself FTW. But the intention was giving this ability to only the FL and VFL.
And the only spies not limited by this will have to be 70+ and follow us map to map (which will probably still happen.) But this makes it easier for the whole faction to get to a certain spot faster, and thus be able to get out of that spot faster; making it usefull even when there are spies amidst.

dofur2
02-01-2009, 12:39 AM

Pros.

Quoting myself FTW. But the intention was giving this ability to only the FL and VFL.
And the onlay spies not limited by this will have to be 70+ nd follow us map to map (which will probably still happen.) But this makes it easier for the whole faction to get to a certain spot faster, and thus be able to get out of that spot faster; making it usefull even when there are spies amidst.

i know. but it's a rather fun concept that adds allot to tactical gameplay. just limiting it to 1 person seems 'unfair'. that's why i think that it's more suited for guild leaders.
and when the FL or VFL are not online then everyone will just be sitting there doing nothing 'because they don't have a good attack plan'

besides every time i have someone else draw out a tactical plan for me i just stare at them with a blank face asking myself "what the hell is he doing? :? "
i would really like to try this feature out in 12sky2 myself. and there is no way i'll ever get popular or high level. :P

Asasinul12
02-01-2009, 12:57 AM
i know. but it's a rather fun concept that adds allot to tactical gameplay. just limiting it to 1 person seems 'unfair'. that's why i think that it's more suited for guild leaders.
and when the FL or VFL are not online then everyone will just be sitting there doing nothing 'because they don't have a good attack plan'

besides every time i have someone else draw out a tactical plan for me i just stare at them with a blank face asking myself "what the hell is he doing? "
i would really like to try this feature out in 12sky2 myself. and there is no way i'll ever get popular or high level.

I agree with this assessment DG. You can't just give this skill to the FL or AFL's only because as we've all seen and experienced... Some of them suck (frankly) some of them are LAZY (Honestly) and some of them are holely inept (Bluntly) so.... I'd prefer to be able to give this to... Guild leaders, or Party leaders. It keeps the advantage small, keeps the need to party up and go out and posse, and is cute. IF you give it to a faction the advantage is to great...

Anyway, my opinion. I like the idea DG, but I like it tweaked. Like I like me chicks!

Ariciup2
02-01-2009, 01:52 AM
"This could also be implemented to everyone at a party lvl as well, so as all within a party can coordinate themselves and so on."

:mrgreen:

Asasinul12
02-01-2009, 01:54 AM
"This could also be implemented to everyone at a party lvl as well, so as all within a party can coordinate themselves and so on."

:mrgreen:

Ding, ding, ding, ding! You have a winner!