PDA

View Full Version : Item mall suggestion

pinguin2
03-17-2009, 05:38 AM
Ok, my suggestion, even though item mall is a while away, is when buying the equivelent to AP (not sure what it will be called here, I'll just call it MP for now) that you can purchase it in any currency, and set the amount you would like to purchase. The reason I say this is in the 1st one, I bought Ap with prepaid credit cards, and was only available in US currency. So as a result, I have a ton of prepaid credit cards with $2-$9 left on each, that doesnt benefit me as I cant really buy anything with them, and doesnt benefit the company as I could have spent the remainder on MP. So if MP is available in Australian dollars, and I can set amount to match my card, we both win. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I'd have 30+ cards with this much left on them. Averaged out that's about $150, times that by however many people make purchases in this fashion, and it's quite a bit of lost income for MAYN.

nutu0092
03-17-2009, 06:15 AM
I see your point, however due to the currency exchange rates
and also changes to the AU and EU dollar, this would be difficult to do.
Say an American purchased 20 Euros worth of "MP" it would cost that
person $26. For you it would cost $39 Au.
For Mayn to charge either of you a more rounded figure, they would
either have to charge you more or charge you less.
Which wouldn't be fair all round.
For example, they might charge you $40 and then charge an American $25.
Causing you to pay a dollar more than the American, i don't think you
would be happy with that?

So i can only suggest that you use Paypal.
I believe Australians can register their bank account with Paypal and in turn
transfer funds from their account to paypal.
Or make a direct payment from your account via Paypal.

pinguin2
03-17-2009, 06:29 AM
Perhaps I needed to be more clear with my suggestion. What i mean is something like, have all base prices in 1 currency, say Euros. Then, when making payment, it calculates based on the days exchange rate how much value in Euros your money buys. So say $50 AUS gets $35 Euro that day, I opt to buy $50 in Australian and get 3.5K MP (depending on how much Euro gets how much MP, I'm using $1=100MP for this example). What Aeria did was had set amounts in US dollars, meaning if my $50 got $37 US dollars, I would have to purchase $30 in AP, with money left on the prepaid card.

I actually have a debit card so could theoretically use that, or paypal linked to the account. But I choose not to use as last thing I want is to get hacked, even though I have good security, and have my money drained. That is why I use prepaid cards.

nutu0092
03-17-2009, 06:52 AM
But again the exchange rate would affect that simply because
the currency exchange rates don't work with rounded figures
and the chances of $35 Euro being exactly $50 Au are slim.

Mayn can't change the banks exchange rates is what i'm trying to say.

pinguin2
03-17-2009, 06:57 AM
Yup, I understand that bit. But want I am suggesting is to be able to input the amount I want in Australian dollars, not in Euros, thus meaning I can spend all of my prepaid card instead of rounded to the nearest amount, like with Aeria where maybe I could have bough $37 US worth but instead could only get $30, leaving cash wasted on my card.

nutu0092
03-17-2009, 07:04 AM
I understand.
You want to be able to input $30 and for Mayns system to calculate how many
MP you will receive for that amount.
This unfortunately will mean you end up paying more (if only slightly) for your MP
because they would end up rounding down instead of up in your favor. :(

You may be ok with that, i don't think others would though,
so implementing such a system wouldn't work.

pinguin2
03-17-2009, 07:07 AM
If to t nearest dollar though, most you cold possibly loe is 99c. And I would much prefr to lose 99c than have $7 on a prepaid card I can barely use. But I see your point too. Perhaps if there was an option for either? Set amount in Euros, or input amount in your regional currency?

nutu0092
03-17-2009, 07:10 AM
Maybe Mayn could give you say 0.095 MP to make up the difference Lol.

Obviously you can't purchase anything for that amount, but overtime it
will add up Lol.

pinguin2
03-17-2009, 07:12 AM
Lol. But then again we don't know how much money will = how much MP. If they were taking a similar rate to TS1, where $1 = 100AP, then they could give 99MP and would have to round at all :P

nutu0092
03-17-2009, 07:23 AM
Ah but theirs was in American currency and your Au dollar
was again not equal to theirs.
So you're going to get 0.095 MP NOT 99 MP :P

pinguin2
03-17-2009, 07:31 AM
Either way losing less than $1 is better than losing up to $9 :P

nutu0092
03-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Yup, you should push for that 0.095 MP though! Lol.

dofur2
03-17-2009, 12:25 PM
logic has already made the same suggestion for a currency exchange calculator to be integrated with the site when making a purchase.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1072 (http://forum.12sky2.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1072)

nutu0092
03-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Logic's suggestion was simply to add a calculator.
Stray however wants MAYN to round the numbers so that
he isn't paying $38.52 AU from a $40 card because it leaves
him with only $1.48 on his card that he can't use.

dofur2
03-17-2009, 12:54 PM
oh, then i've misread. i blame the fact i just woke up :P

*pretends he didn't say anything*

nutu0092
03-17-2009, 07:44 PM
oh, then i've misread. i blame the fact i just woke up :P

*pretends he didn't say anything*

Blame the cardboard! Lol.

Freak3121
03-18-2009, 06:38 PM
I think the system he is thinking about is not do 1000k MP = $10 and have it set like AG did. I think he wants it like 1mp = $x. He then
wants to put that into a formula ($x = mp) where x is the amount of money he has, and mp is how much mp he could get. So if he could buy
$37 worth of mp, he could get $37 worth mp. Not the bracket setup AG uses. I would like it better myself. sometimes I might only want to
spend $15 instead of $10 - $20. Depends on what I need and how much of the points go to just making money. It also opens up values higher
like $60+ that AG doesn't have. Ultimately I think AG vs Mayn is going to be on the item mall and pricing. I believe they both are going to get
content released close to each other due to them being released only a couple of months apart. Whoever lags the least, cheapest item mall, and
most supportive will probably start to pull the other servers ppl.

nutu0092
03-18-2009, 07:54 PM
We already said that Freak Lol.