PDA

View Full Version : Capture the FLAG [New system]

Razvan142
03-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Ok can i suggest a capture the flag thingy where all 4 clans will have to get a flag (lets say at the center of ghost valley) and retrieve it to their base.

The holder of the flag cannot use their run skill and can only walk so that would make it quite fair.

If its possible that is ....

Comments are welcome

BLooD2
03-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Or you could always make a certain map for the CTF, but there are some disagreements...
A: Lag -----> Ghosting
B: Dex Weapons will own with their speed buff
C: would have to animate a flag, script the data, etc

So I will have to remain neutral on this topic, because the fact that I like the suggestions but it will be alot of work to script it into an already scripted game.

Razvan142
03-08-2009, 12:32 AM
thats why i said "if its possible"

and about the ghosting...u cant do anything about it

and about the long range part...Thats why you need to defend the flag holder =o

oh and when u die the flag will be on the spot where the user died ^__^

nutu0092
03-08-2009, 12:53 AM
I like the idea.
Yes i imagine it would be difficult to implement this into the already existing game.
Not impossible though, so this is certainly an idea to keep in mind.

Would be funny if the flag holder could slap people with the flag...Lol.

03-08-2009, 01:39 AM
Major problem is with this Twelve Sky, everyone dies so quickly... >.>

Asasinul12
03-08-2009, 01:50 AM
Ok can i suggest a capture the flag thingy where all 4 clans will have to get a flag (lets say at the center of ghost valley) and retrieve it to their base.

The holder of the flag cannot use their run skill and can only walk so that would make it quite fair.

If its possible that is ....

Comments are welcome

The idea is good, it's a nice event idea. Special events, etc. And the mechanic for this kind of exists. There's a level of Pagoda on TS1 where the previous highest hitting individual? Becomes the 'flag bearer' for the next level, a big sign is put on them and then they run around like a headless chicken trying to stay alive and win the level for their faction.

You could use that as the flag mechanic. As soon as Player X picks up the flag item, they become the target for the opposing side, and then all out war erupts. As for the player being able to walk? No, that seems to unfair, BUT how about a labrynth idea? The flag holder can run half of the map (To move the flag item and give incentive for all to pursue) but then they have to enter a labrynth and get from one side to another, like the treasure caves or some such.

Flag bearer runs in as do their defenders and the opposing faction and everyone gets lost trying to work out what's going on. Could be huge fun! And those NOT in the labrynth who wish to fight outside can do so in a free for all. You could even award sub points for amounts of kills made during the event. You could have the capture the flag as the best out of three. 1 point gets awarded for each captured flag. 2 out of 3 won, ends the event. BUT for every 20 players killed from the opposing faction will award 1 point to the faction who manages to kill those 20.

So, you can capture the flag and win a point OR you can kill opposing members and win a point, OR do both and overwhelm the other side. It's PVP, it's chase, it's a race, it's many things.

Just my thoughts.

Razvan142
03-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Major problem is with this Twelve Sky, everyone dies so quickly... >.>

thats what makes it fun = longer event :P

dofur2
03-08-2009, 04:47 PM
euhm. you're still missing an important thing.

what do people get when they actually win this thing?

Razvan142
03-08-2009, 05:27 PM
probably a 2 hour exp or drop event or get a sum of money to people who are in ghost valley ^_^ ( to the winning clan of course)

03-08-2009, 07:35 PM
probably a 2 hour exp or drop event or get a sum of money to people who are in ghost valley ^_^ ( to the winning clan of course)

Or just have enhanced drops from Pvp during that event. xD

Razvan142
03-08-2009, 10:41 PM
but then theres no point winning if thats the case........... :o

nutu0092
03-08-2009, 11:06 PM
euhm. you're still missing an important thing.

what do people get when they actually win this thing?

Perhaps a 10% drop rate bonus, Dragonfall formation gives an extra 10% exp,
so a drop bonus would work in nicely.

03-08-2009, 11:11 PM

For the entertainment? >.>

Razvan142
03-10-2009, 08:00 PM

its a waste of tabs and such...and i bet no one will go if thats the case unless theyr max lvl and have nothing to do :|

So there should be a reward for winning or else theres no point in the event [roflmao]

Asasinul12
03-10-2009, 10:51 PM

its a waste of tabs and such...and i bet no one will go if thats the case unless theyr max lvl and have nothing to do :|

So there should be a reward for winning or else theres no point in the event [roflmao]

You PVP just to PVP and have fun. Maybe the reward can be cp? Or title or status? Who knows? Why should it be so much less?

night7scream2
03-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Lol Nub copy idea from S4-leage :o

03-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Lol Nub copy idea from S4-leage :o

You play S4 League? Add me on msn o0

BTW Capture the Flag "idea" has been out for ages...