PDA

View Full Version : the str build

Yudai1
03-06-2009, 11:14 AM
After the patch every beta tester's character became adept 12 which of course made everyone go gun-** happy and went straight to pvping with their awsome equipment.

As I placed my stats I had the 1 hitter saber in mind and loaded myself with str but halfway through I realized whats the point in being a one-hitter if I can't hit? Thinking I avoided a stupid mistake I placed 300 on dex and the rest on str, 700-800.

Now to pvp!

I was stocked when I noticed my saber had +3 for my lvl 30 skill 1-hit plus another from my skill cape however I fell short about 200 dmg from one hitting anyone and so I switched to multi hit and killed people in two hits. However, my multi skill was no match in speed from one-hitters.

I died and died and died and it made absolutely no since on how I can get one-hitted so easily. I asked around and they said you have to dump all your stats into str... while I did but with a bit of dex. This was so confusing, how can all these one hitters hit me every single time with very little or no dex not to mention half the time was vital shots and my hp went past 0 and into negatives.

In twelve sky 1 it took several swings to get a hit in with a one-hit build and if your trying to one-hit an enemy of the same calibur as you but they are multi you will be feeling the pressure as they would have the dex to back it up and hit you almost every swing.

I just feel they should nerf the str stats to add much less to the hit rate and make it so they have to have dex to deal their massive dmg... makes since, right?

BTW: This three way battle between clans has now become one sided. The jin's in the beta test are overpowered creating pvping... well the only way to say it is it pisses me off. Seeing as how the jins are already strong based characters they do not need to dump all their stats into str so they added the extra stats into hp (and of course none poured into dex as it is no longer needed) which I admit was very smart as they created an almost unbeatable and feared warrior in the pvp ring. They will always win 1 on 1 and most of the time i see them take out 3 guys at once... me being one of the three. They are able to one-hit everyone (save someone w/ an hp build) but they themselves cannot be one-hitted. and of course multi is useless as they exploit their pots... if you put a timer on pots that would prove to be most intresting and a mostly hated idea haha.

The only other clan that would be able to keep up with the tiger clan would be the sky... that is if some of the overpowered jins joined.

dofur2
03-06-2009, 11:39 AM
str = damage + hitrate
dex = defense + dodge.

makes more sense to me.

edit: never mind. you're just whining about the fact that u don't know how to build your character (yet). in case you didn't know. all clans are equal. the tiger faction is no better then the snakes or dragons. period.

pinguin2
03-06-2009, 11:49 AM
BTW: This three way battle between clans has now become one sided. The jin's in the beta test are overpowered creating pvping... well the only way to say it is it * me off. Seeing as how the jins are already strong based characters they do not need to dump all their stats into str so they added the extra stats into hp (and of course none poured into dex as it is no longer needed) which I admit was very smart as they created an almost unbeatable and feared warrior in the pvp ring. They will always win 1 on 1 and most of the time i see them take out 3 guys at once... me being one of the three. They are able to one-hit everyone (save someone w/ an hp build) but they themselves cannot be one-hitted. and of course multi is useless as they exploit their pots... if you put a timer on pots that would prove to be most intresting and a mostly hated idea haha.

The only other clan that would be able to keep up with the tiger clan would be the sky... that is if some of the overpowered jins joined.

Stats for all clans are equal now, unlike TS1. Gear as well, the same level of any given item all has same base regardless of faction. The only reason Tigers are probably PVPing better is their build (Jins in TS1 were famous for Str build, so the new stat of str adding hitrate as well will work very well for them).

Yudai1
03-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Do you know what strength means? also do you know what dex means? You obviously don't get the point of the post so you should not have replied.

What I am getting at is that they should switch it around so that it makes more sense in reality and fair in gameplay.

When someone gets stronger their physical attributes increase as well as their toughness meaning attack/defense increases.

When someone is guick, swift, and agile, they become hard to keep up with and their coordination is much more accurate meaning their dodge/hitrate increases.

It's like comparing a muscle man to bruce lee. The muscle man would have a hard time landing a hit and in turn get hit himself while bruce lee will dodge most of the blows and as well as deliver some and hit. However sence the mans toughness is strong due to his stature the blows will be little effective unless vital points are hit.

str = damage + defense
dex = dodge + hit rate

That makes more sence to me and it would even out the playing field in my eyes. It would also require a thinking process to create a good build. Strength is power but in order to use that power without consequenses you need a stable mind. The dex should compliment the str otherwise no one will use it for pvp... why should dex be only usefull against mobs and not other players?

Thats just my thought.

and stray... it will work well for them but only them. It's like taking the guys idea of giving the sky clan the flash step... it would be great for them but not for everyone else.

As far as equality in eqiupmints it should not be equal, just as Jin's have the most str the snake clan should have the most powerfull eqiupment but it really doesn't show. I think it was more fair and made more sence in twelve sky 1. Try thinking about it logically.

dofur2
03-06-2009, 12:16 PM
ugh. you're really not getting it are you?

when u increase strength AND defense with the same stat there will be no change whatsoever. your strength increases and your opponents defense increases. meaning that fights will go on for as long as people have tabs.

when someone is quick and agile he can better dodge attacks and move to defend blows.

As far as equality in eqiupmints it should not be equal, just as Jin's have the most str the snake clan should have the most powerfull eqiupment but it really doesn't show. I think it was more fair and made more sence in twelve sky 1. Try thinking about it logically.

so the game should not be balanced and tigers should get a better advantage in stats?

oh. and it was NOT fair in ts1. as an M33 full str fug could not match up to a full str jin with the both of them wearing maxed equipement.

plmst2
03-06-2009, 05:24 PM
ugh. you're really not getting it are you?

when u increase strength AND defense with the same stat there will be no change whatsoever. your strength increases and your opponents defense increases. meaning that fights will go on for as long as people have tabs.

when someone is quick and agile he can better dodge attacks and move to defend blows.

However if you had the def and dmg not equal ex: 1 point = 2.7 dmg and 1.5 def for DMG wep , 2.5 dmg 2.1 def for DEF wep and 2.3 and 1.7 def for Dodge wep.

To go off a little of Yudai is saying, the hulk for example is very strong but can not do pin point attacks. Stronger does not equate to more agility. Being more agil does mean more body control. Ergo better dodge capabilities.

dofur2
03-06-2009, 05:51 PM
that'll work in pvp. you're also forgetting pve.

with the added defense monsters will hardly do u any damage. and seeing as the same stat also adds strength you can kill them easily.

you simply can NOT change stats. the game has been thought out to be balanced and switching things like these around would require to redo the ENTIRE game.

plmst2
03-06-2009, 06:03 PM
If you take def away from DEX than it would still even itself out. A little different sure but still not changing the dynamics horribly. It would break down like this in PvE

Pure DEX builds wouldn't get hit but when they did they would almost die since they have low def.
Pure STR builds would get hit allot but wouldn't get hit for that much.

It would level out using the same mob mechanics.

Yudai1
03-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Thank you Ipswon. :D

that'll work in pvp. you're also forgetting pve.

the fact that they made stats that made no sence to their definition to even it out sounds like a half *** job. Plus it seems kinda BS that you have to have differen't builds too excel in either or when it comes to pvp or pve. I mean why should stats be different against a different enemy?

oh. and it was NOT fair in ts1. as an M33 full str fug could not match up to a full str jin with the both of them wearing maxed equipement.

ummm... the reason why I made this post is because of that very reason. The clan, Savage for the jins are one hitters but cannot be one hit by another full str fujin. They simply keep hitting the hp tab and kills us off one by one like nothing... same lvl, same maxed out armor but he still outleages us by a mile. Not to mention they like to go in our spawn and likes to keep killing us over and over with no buffs.

plmst2
03-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Thank you Ipswon. :D

the fact that they made stats that made no sence to their definition to even it out sounds like a half *** job. Plus it seems kinda BS that you have to have differen't builds too excel in either or when it comes to pvp or pve. I mean why should stats be different against a different enemy?

Id half to disagree on this one. Since TS2 doesn't have the drink system you have to go one or the other. Plus mobs are different than players. They have different def (less) and hp (more) with dodge and hit rate varying from mob to mob.

Yudai1
03-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Id half to disagree on this one. Since TS2 doesn't have the drink system you have to go one or the other. Plus mobs are different than players. They have different def (less) and hp (more) with dodge and hit rate varying from mob to mob.

o well I know there different stat wise. If you think about it a player could build a stat similar to a mobs. what I meant was the only reason a build can't go both ways is because the forcably made it that way by chnaging the stat system into something they shouldn't have by taking the context out of str and dex and rearranging them.

I was upset when I was told str increases hit rate and not dex... it made no sence what so ever.

plmst2
03-06-2009, 07:44 PM
I agree with you but think about LoA builds ;)

Again the main thing that changes about this game is the drinking system from TS1 a dex build could just get drunk so there STR didn't matter as much. With out drinking, we have to re think our stats.

Yudai1
03-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Me being one of the dex builds in TS-1 I fully understand them, awsome in grinding but compared to str builds in pvp.... umm no. With the drinking it gave us a chance to get kills (stacking drinks took way to much time) but the more we drink the less defense we lose which made it easy prey for jin 1-hitters ;)

What did even the playing bored was being able to stun them. With them more str and less dex and us with less str but alot of dex we dodge, they miss, we stun and multi their faces into the floor. Didin't work all the time and hardl ever worked in master lvl's but thats why I loved HR =]

LoA builds.... all they would need to do is tweak out how much to put in hp and how much to put in dex. Really it depends on how much defense dex is giving.

plmst2
03-06-2009, 08:03 PM
I was just using LoA builds as an example of needing different builds to do different things.

I was a DEX build too.

dofur2
03-07-2009, 08:44 AM
ummm... the reason why I made this post is because of that very reason. The clan, Savage for the jins are one hitters but cannot be one hit by another full str Snake Clan. They simply keep hitting the hp tab and kills us off one by one like nothing... same lvl, same maxed out armor but he still outleages us by a mile. Not to mention they like to go in our spawn and likes to keep killing us over and over with no buffs.

now i know you're full of it. the stat gain for tigers and fujins is exactly the same. exactly. if you're having problems. it's just your build. not the game.

balancing the game =/= half assed job.
welcome to the world of gaming? .... if you want to have builds that are completely linear i'd suggest you play another game. especially one that 'makes more sense'

i'm done arguing with u. i'd rather waste my time staring at the ceiling then this.

plmst2
03-09-2009, 04:35 PM
balancing the game =/= half assed job.
welcome to the world of gaming? .... if you want to have builds that are completely linear i'd suggest you play another game. especially one that 'makes more sense'

i'm done arguing with u. i'd rather waste my time staring at the ceiling then this.

Actually this games stat build are linear. In order to PvP you MUST go x build. By putting the focus on only 2 stats it takes away from much of the in game player dynamics. Also he saying that instead of tweaking the game where the stats are still different but balance out makes more player choice. Now since everyone is the same its not balanced, just the same. It does seem that they did take all there energy into making the game look better as oppose to making it more dynamic. In fact, by taking out the clan differences they made the game less dynamic. So yes it IS a half assed job.

QuebecGolD1
03-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Man..its your build..that not good for pvp...!

Str= 2,6 Dmg = 1,8 Hit
Vit= 20HP = 1 Dodge
Dex= 1,6def + 1,6 Dodge
chi= 15,4Chi + 1,4 Dmg

Whem you play 12sky, you need BloodClear....because you have One build for PvP
one build for Farming Boss and you can be ''Hybrid'' for grinding and 'farming boos'' to.
The lvl 1 to lvl 39....play free to reset your stats and try a lot of build.

plmst2
03-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Man..its your build..that not good for pvp...!

Str= 2,6 Dmg = 1,8 Hit
Vit= 20HP = 1 Dodge
Dex= 1,6def + 1,6 Dodge
chi= 15,4Chi + 1,4 Dmg

Whem you play 12sky, you need BloodClear....because you have One build for PvP
one build for Farming Boss and you can be ''Hybrid'' for grinding and 'farming boos'' to.
The lvl 1 to lvl 39....play free to reset your stats and try a lot of build.

Is that you OlDirty? :D

QuebecGolD1
03-09-2009, 05:58 PM
the pet?.....yeah I win it in search and seek event!

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss37/jc1959/S00060.jpg

Yeah thats mine