PDA

View Full Version : Party. Friends list.

nutu0092
02-26-2009, 07:16 AM
Couple of suggestions.

-Have a more interactive Party Box for the Leader-
One that will show Name of players nearby
Options to Kick, give leadership to, Disband.
Ability to send an invite to anyone by typing in their name.

-Player Markers on Mini Map-
Like you have when you're zoomed in but one that also
shows when you zoom out.
Will make navigating your way to your partythrough a maze of
halls alot easier.

-More options for Friends List-
Ability to right-click on a friends name in list
that will bring up options such as Whisper and Invite to Party.

I did check through the current threads to see if these had been
suggested already. Was unable to find a similar post but if i happen
to have missed one, my apologies.

Asasinul12
02-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Couple of suggestions.

-Have a more interactive Party Box for the Leader-
One that will show Name of players nearby
Options to Kick, give leadership to, Disband.
Ability to send an invite to anyone by typing in their name.

-Player Markers on Mini Map-
Like you have when you're zoomed in but one that also
shows when you zoom out.
Will make navigating your way to your partythrough a maze of
halls alot easier.

-More options for Friends List-
Ability to right-click on a friends name in list
that will bring up options such as Whisper and Invite to Party.

I did check through the current threads to see if these had been
suggested already. Was unable to find a similar post but if i happen
to have missed one, my apologies.

Nice suggestion, I agree in general.

sfantul2
02-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Good suggestions. I have one to add to this, if I may. Have parties with open spots be "broadcast" in a group party section. I know that sounds really weird so let me try and explain.
There could possibly be an "Open Party" tab where the other tabs are (friends tab, character tab, inventory tab) and would allow players to see any open parties on the server. There could be a description of what the party wishes to accomplish and the level range which is required to join. Any players can click on a Join button and will then be a member of the party. There could also be a way to "close" the party (even if there's an open spot) so as to ensure that some random person doesn't join your group if you don't wish them to.
This may sound a bit convaluted as I feel that I'm not explaining myself very well but I think it would be a very valuable tool and streamline party creation and leveling.

Asasinul12
02-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Good suggestions. I have one to add to this, if I may. Have parties with open spots be "broadcast" in a group party section. I know that sounds really weird so let me try and explain.
There could possibly be an "Open Party" tab where the other tabs are (friends tab, character tab, inventory tab) and would allow players to see any open parties on the server. There could be a description of what the party wishes to accomplish and the level range which is required to join. Any players can click on a Join button and will then be a member of the party. There could also be a way to "close" the party (even if there's an open spot) so as to ensure that some random person doesn't join your group if you don't wish them to.
This may sound a bit convaluted as I feel that I'm not explaining myself very well but I think it would be a very valuable tool and streamline party creation and leveling.

Au contraire mes ami! I think it's well explained and a very good idea! It would make parties and joining them easier, and much more available.

sfantul2
02-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Au contraire mes ami! I think it's well explained and a very good idea! It would make parties and joining them easier, and much more available.

I thought it was au contraire MON ami. Obviously, I could be wrong being that french was never a language I took any interest in. Mainly because of my severe dislike of parisian french people (long story). I'm glad you like the idea though, is it worth making a new thread in the Suggestion Box or should I just leave it in this thread?

Asasinul12
02-26-2009, 02:56 PM

I thought it was au contraire MON ami. Obviously, I could be wrong being that french was never a language I took any interest in. Mainly because of my severe dislike of parisian french people (long story). I'm glad you like the idea though, is it worth making a new thread in the Suggestion Box or should I just leave it in this thread?

Mon singular, mes plural, was being polite to all in the thread LOL, but well caught. I spent a little time in France, the Eiffel tower is RUSTY, France is a dirty city, the Parisians are unkind, snide, and openly mocking IF they feel you do not understand them, and when you do, they become outright hostile. Oddly enough the large muslim community is polite and respectful mostly. BUT I do not like the French, and I still remember Agincourt and yes we continually spanked them BUT they asre bloody frogs and hop around like they own the place.

As far as I can tell their one lasting impression on the world is the bastille and it's more permanent solution to capital punishment, but thats another story LOL. Yes, another thread methinks where this can be discussed in detail.

sfantul2
02-26-2009, 04:57 PM
As far as I can tell their one lasting impression on the world is the bastille and it's more permanent solution to capital punishment, but thats another story LOL. Yes, another thread methinks where this can be discussed in detail.

I would have to say the Louvre is pretty significant. Was not a fan of the city itself for similar reasons to your own but I loved the Louvre. Being in the presence of such vasts amount of art and culture is truly awe inspiring.

Asasinul12
02-26-2009, 05:11 PM

I would have to say the Louvre is pretty significant. Was not a fan of the city itself for similar reasons to your own but I loved the Louvre. Being in the presence of such vasts amount of art and culture is truly awe inspiring.

I did enjoy the louvre, and also the arc de triomphe but not for its architecture per se as it's not that impressive but more for the feelings it engenders.

Aside from that, I found it mostly unimpressive, save for the older parts of the city which remind me of home and olde worlde england, but anyway.

nutu0092
02-26-2009, 07:40 PM

Responded to this suggestion in your thread :)

nutu0092
02-26-2009, 09:50 PM
*bumpity bump* :P