PDA

View Full Version : Introduction for new players

BloodyWind1
02-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Hi, I think it would be great to have at the beginning of the game a window where we can choose to follow a tutorial or to continue to the world. In this tutorial we could find many information about the attributes, the skills ... It's just a suggestion.

An just an other word, I think it would be more attractive if the buttons were larger and bigger cause it's really difficult at the beginning to find the good button.

Thanks

Asasinul12
02-25-2009, 01:45 PM
Hi, I think it would be great to have at the beginning of the game a window where we can choose to follow a tutorial or to continue to the world. In this tutorial we could find many information about the attributes, the skills ... It's just a suggestion.

An just an other word, I think it would be more attractive if the buttons were larger and bigger cause it's really difficult at the beginning to find the good button.

Thanks

This is a link to a Players guide and introduction to the game. I hope this helps. http://forum.12sky2.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1151

Good luck.

dart142
02-26-2009, 02:25 PM
If i am not wrong he dont need help, just make sugestion, many mmo's have tutorials

sfantul2
02-26-2009, 02:32 PM
I was actually signing on to post this exact thing. A tutorial is a must, in my opinion, for a game to be successful. When new players enter and fumble around and have to ask questions it frustrates both the new player and the veterans who are constantly answering easy questions. Much frustration could be avoided by adding a simple 5-10 minute tutorial for players to get acclimated to the game. This could even be worked into the 1st quest new players get that make you run to each NPC around town.

Asasinul12
02-26-2009, 02:39 PM
I was actually signing on to post this exact thing. A tutorial is a must, in my opinion, for a game to be successful. When new players enter and fumble around and have to ask questions it frustrates both the new player and the veterans who are constantly answering easy questions. Much frustration could be avoided by adding a simple 5-10 minute tutorial for players to get acclimated to the game. This could even be worked into the 1st quest new players get that make you run to each NPC around town.

Um.. The first quests do exactly this... Did you not notice that?

sfantul2
02-26-2009, 02:46 PM

They don't discuss movement, PvP aspects, stats, etc. It's basically fumbling around the town and getting information on what each NPC does but nothing about game mechanics and whatnot. Not that the current first quest isn't good enough, I'm just saying that people are well....idiots when it comes to figuring out things themselves. You basically have to hold them by the hand and point everything out to them before they feel comfortable. Many people will disregard a game just because they don't feel informed enough.

Asasinul12
02-26-2009, 02:49 PM

They don't discuss movement, PvP aspects, stats, etc. It's basically fumbling around the town and getting information on what each NPC does but nothing about game mechanics and whatnot. Not that the current first quest isn't good enough, I'm just saying that people are well....idiots when it comes to figuring out things themselves. You basically have to hold them by the hand and point everything out to them before they feel comfortable. Many people will disregard a game just because they don't feel informed enough.

Ah you want a step by step guide, etc. Ok, if you feel it's necessary then by all means, there's certainly a void for it, so sure, it's a good idea. I did not quite understand, apologies.

sfantul2
02-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Ah you want a step by step guide, etc. Ok, if you feel it's necessary then by all means, there's certainly a void for it, so sure, it's a good idea. I did not quite understand, apologies.

I, personally, do not feel a step by step guide is necessary but I think many other new players would find it very helpful. I don't mind taking the time and figuring a game out for myself as I feel this gives me a much better grasp of the overall mechanics. Other players, however, like things to be explained and set right in front of them.

Also, don't ever apologize for not understanding fully as further explanation is just a few clicks of a mouse and a few mashing of buttons away. :)

Asasinul12
02-26-2009, 03:00 PM

I, personally, do not feel a step by step guide is necessary but I think many other new players would find it very helpful. I don't mind taking the time and figuring a game out for myself as I feel this gives me a much better grasp of the overall mechanics. Other players, however, like things to be explained and set right in front of them.

Also, don't ever apologize for not understanding fully as further explanation is just a few clicks of a mouse and a few mashing of buttons away. :)

No, its clear you have a point by the variety of questions asked daily that clearly suggest something like this would not only be necessary but required. And yes, I tend to agree with you, for myself, personally, I do not find this necessary BUT as mentioned it's clearly needed.

Apologies were offered as it's the right thing to do, whether required or not. That's what well mannered people do, and certainly between friends it may not be necessary, but etiquette and all that ;) Plus I am English!

sfantul2
02-26-2009, 04:16 PM
Apologies were offered as it's the right thing to do, whether required or not. That's what well mannered people do, and certainly between friends it may not be necessary, but etiquette and all that ;) Plus I am English!

Bloody brits with their large vocabulary and constant proper etiquette. Do you drink tea with your pinky sticking out, too? :)

Asasinul12
02-26-2009, 04:43 PM

Bloody brits with their large vocabulary and constant proper etiquette. Do you drink tea with your pinky sticking out, too? :)

This is America, you have the fifth amendment right? ;)

sfantul2
02-26-2009, 06:14 PM

Indeed we do. It also tends to be abused often by politicians and the like.

Asasinul12
02-26-2009, 06:28 PM

Indeed we do. It also tends to be abused often by politicians and the like.

Oh. Well anyway. Yeah. LOL - Pinky finger. *Nods head*