PDA

View Full Version : Pill to help locate the person who PK you on the map

Juicy1
02-21-2009, 03:42 PM
okay here is a new one i thought up... Logic don't you dare ruin this for me =_= ..i worked hard to come up with this idea... lol j/k.
when you get killed by a pker, you'll run back to the tavern and buy a pill you take that will locate the person who pked you on the map your in... that way if you encounter a strong enemy you can choose to stay in the safe zone or go after him... and when it runs out you turn into a strawberry.... =___=

PaulRo2
02-21-2009, 03:44 PM
lol...bad@ss
agree

pinguin2
02-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Well, I heard there is no PK in TS2. But if there is, I 100% agree. They could pretty much code it like a freind tele, and it just picks up the person who has given you self defence right. I would have a 99 stack on me at all times lol.

Juicy1
02-21-2009, 03:51 PM
stack of 99?? you'll turn into a strawberry 99 times

DarkSlayer1
02-21-2009, 04:14 PM
stack of 99?? you'll turn into a strawberry 99 times
everything sounds good except the strawberry part lol :lol:

Asasinul12
02-21-2009, 05:10 PM
okay here is a new one i thought up... Logic don't you dare ruin this for me =_= ..i worked hard to come up with this idea... lol j/k.
when you get killed by a pker, you'll run back to the tavern and buy a pill you take that will locate the person who pked you on the map your in... that way if you encounter a strong enemy you can choose to stay in the safe zone or go after him... and when it runs out you turn into a strawberry.... =___=

Hmm... (Don't ruin it for you, well that's a toughy) ;) - OK, how about I revise this idea? BUT I do this with HUGE TREPIDATION because there will be repercussions (And now I sound like Daniel Day Lewis in 'There will be blood!') but anyway...

How about a pill that tells you the last person who killed you, and WHERE they are CURRENTLY in any map (On a timed basis). So, let's say that you get PKed in Sohom (Because I am a tiger and that's how we roll. Miaow!) and you resurrects back at the start of the map. Now clearly you is an unhappy camper... BUT you decides you wish to do something about it, you opens your pill, and the pill tells you where that person is right now and their name. (The pill lasts 5 minutes in total) You close the window and you sets off running to last location. You get there, and they is gone! You open your pill window which is still counting down, and it gives you the current location once more and you runs off again... All good right?

Yeah, well, maybe. We'll come back to this in a moment.

So, let's say you are in an enemy faction map! And someone kills you and you arrive back in Yongpok and you is NOT a happy little bunny, you is a toasted and unhappy bunny and you thirsts for blood! You takes your pill and of course the pill says: Last person to kill you was person Y. Where is they? They is in map Y!!!! SO you can go back and of course give them your bestest wishes if you wants to...

So that's all good too right? Well yes, but no. No, this is all a HUGELY bad idea because it can lead to people desiring revenge on one another and the system could get hugely out of control. OR it can lead to an abuse of the system like with PK'ing another player. You get PKed, you call your pals, they call their pals, everyone hates everyone, it becomes some kill on sight issue, and before you know it, guilds hate guilds, people hate people, and then we get to the forums and that bad feeling just oozes out and we are all hating one another for our actions.

See? That's how this could be used, and how it might go and that's definitely a problem, which is the issue I have with this, and why it's not a good thing. But that's the flip side of the coin. Pro's and ***'s there they is!

Discuss! And the first person to bad mouth me, I am going to PK and then I am going to call all my pals and they will PK you and that's what you call irony! ;) (Of course that is a joke, I will not PK you, I will just kill you and then eat you)

:), I am Logic and you are not. And I like it that way.

spirios2
02-21-2009, 05:24 PM
i like this idea but what about when pill run out you dont turn into stawberry the PKER if you cud not get can only hit 1 dmge for 1 hour till you can kill them XD

pinguin2
02-22-2009, 12:54 AM
I think what they meant about "strawberry" was the big red writing above my head lol. PUBLIC ENEMY. I don't think they are implying that these items will actually turn you into a strawberry.

Juicy1
02-22-2009, 01:16 AM

Hmm... (Don't ruin it for you, well that's a toughy) ;) - OK, how about I revise this idea? BUT I do this with HUGE TREPIDATION because there will be repercussions (And now I sound like Daniel Day Lewis in 'There will be blood!') but anyway...

How about a pill that tells you the last person who killed you, and WHERE they are CURRENTLY in any map (On a timed basis). So, let's say that you get PKed in Sohom (Because I am a tiger and that's how we roll. Miaow!) and you resurrects back at the start of the map. Now clearly you is an unhappy camper... BUT you decides you wish to do something about it, you opens your pill, and the pill tells you where that person is right now and their name. (The pill lasts 5 minutes in total) You close the window and you sets off running to last location. You get there, and they is gone! You open your pill window which is still counting down, and it gives you the current location once more and you runs off again... All good right?

So, let's say you are in an enemy faction map! And someone kills you and you arrive back in Yongpok and you is NOT a happy little bunny, you is a toasted and unhappy bunny and you thirsts for blood! You takes your pill and of course the pill says: Last person to kill you was person Y. Where is they? They is in map Y!!!! SO you can go back and of course give them your bestest wishes if you wants to...

So that's all good too right? Well yes, but no. No, this is all a HUGELY bad idea because it can lead to people desiring revenge on one another and the system could get hugely out of control. OR it can lead to an abuse of the system like with PK'ing another player. You get PKed, you call your pals, they call their pals, everyone hates everyone, it becomes some kill on sight issue, and before you know it, guilds hate guilds, people hate people, and then we get to the forums and that bad feeling just oozes out and we are all hating one another for our actions.

See? That's how this could be used, and how it might go and that's definitely a problem, which is the issue I have with this, and why it's not a good thing. But that's the flip side of the coin. Pro's and ***'s there they is!

Discuss! And the first person to bad mouth me, I am going to PK and then I am going to call all my pals and they will PK you and that's what you call irony! ;) (Of course that is a joke, I will not PK you, I will just kill you and then eat you)

No.

Why? Tell me WHY!! Why is the paragraph highlighted in red a bad idea???!!

PaulRo2
02-22-2009, 01:35 AM
man that guy lol.
i got 2 warnings over him dude.
u know what, his mouth would cause more drama then PK would anyday.

Juicy1
02-22-2009, 01:51 AM
man that guy lol.

lol sucks to hear that... you shouldn't lose your cool, over some stuff in a forum. even though you were defending the ideas/creativity of other people. but sometimes logic makes some good points and sometimes his logics fail.

Asasinul12
02-22-2009, 02:14 AM
man that guy lol.

NO one tells you what to say, you do that. If you are out of control, that's not my issue but yours. So, you can blame yourself.

Asasinul12
02-22-2009, 02:22 AM
man that guy lol.

lol sucks to hear that... you shouldn't lose your cool, over some stuff in a forum. even though you were defending the ideas/creativity of other people. but sometimes logic makes some good points and sometimes his logics fail.

Yep, let's talk about me and my comment that you fail to understand.

Why do you not understand that?

Revenge is bad because it engenders and then creates tension and negative feelings. I argue this point because I argued the case for the 'pill' to exist, and how it would work, but the reverse is also true... The more you use this pill the more you show that not only does PKing another play lead to huge repercussions but also, using that pill if anyone from another faction kills you then they too can be hunted down (Potentially)

People have argued for PK because they say it's how you police your own faction. Personally I disagree and I don't think it's necessary BUT if it is used, then this pill that was requested would put a new spin on things. I think the PK system itself is flawed and should not be used, BUT using this pill would really give others the chance to get their revenge, but two wrongs do not make a right. Sure, you could use it because someone went after you, but the truth is that maybe the person who PKed you was wrong anyway? Maybe this is an admin issue? Maybe you seeking your own revenge is just as bad as them?

So you use the pill and go after them and you see they are higher than you so you call your guild and you all hunt them down and PK them. Let's say that that is allowed. Who's to stop the other player from getting this pill and hunting down you or your guild and PKing them one at a time or all at once? Why not? Where does it stop? You understand now?

AmErYkAnU932
02-22-2009, 03:28 AM
man that guy lol.

Yep, let's talk about me and my comment that you fail to understand.

Why do you not understand that?

Revenge is bad because it engenders and then creates tension and negative feelings. I argue this point because I argued the case for the 'pill' to exist, and how it would work, but the reverse is also true... The more you use this pill the more you show that not only does PKing another play lead to huge repercussions but also, using that pill if anyone from another faction kills you then they too can be hunted down (Potentially)

People have argued for PK because they say it's how you police your own faction. Personally I disagree and I don't think it's necessary BUT if it is used, then this pill that was requested would put a new spin on things. I think the PK system itself is flawed and should not be used, BUT using this pill would really give others the chance to get their revenge, but two wrongs do not make a right. Sure, you could use it because someone went after you, but the truth is that maybe the person who PKed you was wrong anyway? Maybe this is an admin issue? Maybe you seeking your own revenge is just as bad as them?

So you use the pill and go after them and you see they are higher than you so you call your guild and you all hunt them down and PK them. Let's say that that is allowed. Who's to stop the other player from getting this pill and hunting down you or your guild and PKing them one at a time or all at once? Why not? Where does it stop? You understand now?
but this happens any way look at masters on ts1 about a lsa loa what ever the thing called i can't even count how many post about that thing and yes even tho ts2 have a lot of boss their will still be crying about he ks this from me blah blah and all this do is add somthing else to write about does not hurt to add another to the forum

as lot of work i am not sure if u can see your party on the map but they could just add some bones for your pker

lethalvows1
02-22-2009, 03:30 AM
I like the strawberry part.

:D

Asasinul12
02-22-2009, 03:33 AM

Yeah, um, the signature? I don't think it's appropriate. Would you consider changing it perhaps?

lethalvows1
02-22-2009, 05:03 AM

Yeah, um, the signature? I don't think it's appropriate. Would you consider changing it perhaps?

How is it not appropriate . . . ?

It has no nudity in it what so ever . . . lol

that makes no sense.

Asasinul12
02-22-2009, 05:09 AM

that makes no sense.

It's suggestive and this is a family rated style of forum. I would request you change this before you are formally requested to. I'm just trying to assist.

PaulRo2
02-22-2009, 05:22 AM
um lol, yeah dude forsure i dnt mind the sig i think its funny as shet buuuut MAYNE is gunna freak when they see it and ul end up like me with warnings next to ur name lol.
so just i dunno change it haha. its so dam funny though lol.
Logic u know u laughed at it. dnt lie lol.

@Logic.
dude pk can carry drama with it i admit, BUT, whats wrong with drama eh?? drama, is entertainment.
whats a good debate without an argument eh??
for example, Logic are u familiar with the tv show on mtv RealWorld??
well if not, they stick 8 strangers in a house for some months and watch them live and watch the drama unfold. well, this current season, is LAME. the ratings are dropping tremendously and its all bcus of one simple fact. there is no drama, all the roomys are calm and collect.
in 8 episodes there has been ONE legit argument between 2 members.
what im saying is, in the PAST seasons, the drama is what kept the viewers interested.
and i feel thats the same with this game, is it not fun to dislike another guild, or member?? seek revenge by pk?? compete gruelingly with them??
i love it.
thats just meh though.
-KenEpic

PaulRo2
02-22-2009, 05:24 AM

that makes no sense.
lol p.s. the guy on the left looks like a younger brad pitt lmao.
change it though lol ur gunna get in trouble.

Asasinul12
02-22-2009, 05:27 AM
um lol, yeah dude forsure i dnt mind the sig i think its funny as shet buuuut MAYNE is gunna freak when they see it and ul end up like me with warnings next to ur name lol.
so just i dunno change it haha. its so dam funny though lol.
Logic u know u laughed at it. dnt lie lol.

@Logic.
dude pk can carry drama with it i admit, BUT, whats wrong with drama eh?? drama, is entertainment.
whats a good debate without an argument eh??
for example, Logic are u familiar with the tv show on mtv RealWorld??
well if not, they stick 8 strangers in a house for some months and watch them live and watch the drama unfold. well, this current season, is LAME. the ratings are dropping tremendously and its all bcus of one simple fact. there is no drama, all the roomys are calm and collect.
in 8 episodes there has been ONE legit argument between 2 members.
what im saying is, in the PAST seasons, the drama is what kept the viewers interested.
and i feel thats the same with this game, is it not fun to dislike another guild, or member?? seek revenge by pk?? compete gruelingly with them??
i love it.
thats just meh though.
-KenEpic

Ken, drama is not always a bad thing BUT as we see in TS1 it can go to extremes, and is that a good thing? Some drama is not bad, that's understandable but it never stops there does it? Some people take it to far and then get banned, and so it goes... Is that what we or any of us want?

Juicy1
02-22-2009, 05:34 AM
this is a chinese martial arts game, killing and vengeance is all part of it. name 1 chinese martial arts movie where vengeance isn't part of the plot. regardless of what you do you will get pk'd at one point or another and whats so wrong with wanting to get revenge? yes there will be drama involve but regardless of the situation there be drama period. wither its fighting over a boss, grinding spot, argument... its all part of the game. you pk'd someone weaker than you, he brings his buddies, and pk'd you, you go get your buddies and pk them. in a game that shows blood and gore, its really survival of the fittest. but to me its all fun and games. now im not saying we shouldnt put limitations on it so people won't abuse the system. there are upsides and downsides to everything. if theres a bully on the map pking everybody... it'll be helpful for the people to locate him and gang up on the person and teach him a lesson.

pinguin2
02-22-2009, 05:38 AM
this is a chinese martial arts game, killing and vengeance is all part of it. name 1 chinese martial arts movie where vengeance isn't part of the plot. regardless of what you do you will get pk'd at one point or another and whats so wrong with wanting to get revenge? yes there will be drama involve but regardless of the situation there be drama period. wither its fighting over a boss, grinding spot, argument... its all part of the game. you pk'd someone weaker than you, he brings his buddies, and pk'd you, you go get your buddies and pk them. in a game that shows blood and gore, its really survival of the *. but to me its all fun and games. now im not saying we shouldnt put limitations on it so people won't abuse the system. there are upsides and downsides to everything. if theres a bully on the map pking everybody... it'll be helpful for the people to locate him and gang up on the person and teach him a lesson.

Hello Kittys adventure to Sunshine island. Oh wait, you said Chinese Martial arts movie. I believe Hello Kitty is Japanese :P

PaulRo2
02-22-2009, 05:39 AM
no we certainly dont.
BUT.
i think it goes along with the fact that aeriagames pampered alot of the players.
i mean they accepted complaints for alotta nonsense.
the players there got used to that and boom they get pk'd 2 or 3 times and they file grievance.
when really they should just better themselves to the point that they can defeat their attacker.
no one in that game, NO ONE is gunna follow u around all day and pk u. if it doesnt come to that then the players will be fine.
and reall now, what do u lose from being pk'd? nothing...
u come back, always.
seeing as this game is very mature i feel pk should be a part of it.
but u do make a point.
there will be kiddos that cant take it and will complain complain complain curse curse curse when they get pk'd. which will further complicate the jobs of MAYNE staff.

Asasinul12
02-22-2009, 05:51 AM
no we certainly dont.
BUT.
i think it goes along with the fact that aeriagames pampered alot of the players.
i mean they accepted complaints for alotta nonsense.
the players there got used to that and boom they get pk'd 2 or 3 times and they file grievance.
when really they should just better themselves to the point that they can defeat their attacker.
no one in that game, NO ONE is gunna follow u around all day and pk u. if it doesnt come to that then the players will be fine.
and reall now, what do u lose from being pk'd? nothing...
u come back, always.
seeing as this game is very mature i feel pk should be a part of it.
but u do make a point.
there will be kiddos that cant take it and will complain complain complain curse curse curse when they get pk'd. which will further complicate the jobs of MAYNE staff.

So seeing as you acknowledge the point, what is the solution?

pinguin2
02-22-2009, 05:58 AM
How about a PK limit? Ie: you can force attack the same player 3 times over the course of 24 hours. Obviously if they attack you, this limit doesn't apply, as you are in self defence mode.

Asasinul12
02-22-2009, 06:13 AM
How about a PK limit? Ie: you can force attack the same player 3 times over the course of 24 hours. Obviously if they attack you, this limit doesn't apply, as you are in self defence mode.

How about twice not 3 times? And what happens if you try this more than twice? What are the repercussions?

pinguin2
02-22-2009, 06:20 AM

How about twice not 3 times? And what happens if you try this more than twice? What are the repercussions?

3 was an example, 2 would work just as well. And no repercussitions, I mean the game would literally not allow you to do it, similar to hometown/yongu, after x amount of PKs on any 1 player within determined time limit (again, 24 hours was just ayou get a system message saying "you cannot force attacks on this player".

Asasinul12
02-22-2009, 06:23 AM

3 was an example, 2 would work just as well. And no repercussitions, I mean the game would literally not allow you to do it, similar to hometown/yongu, after x amount of PKs on any 1 player within determined time limit (again, 24 hours was just ayou get a system message saying "you cannot force attacks on this player".

You know I kind of wanted some repercussions for the attempt but you know I like the idea of being disallowed even more... Sure I could go for that, I like it.

TheBeastMan2
02-27-2009, 03:30 AM

Man you's a funny guy ahaha but in a messed up way u make perfect sense and i agree ;)

dart142
02-27-2009, 07:29 AM

hahahahahah ^_^ its so nice...

I am not so nice as him.. so i will ruin it ^_^ NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

thats how most servers for MMO see us
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/9603/beztytuuq.jpg
its easy, but yes server can recognize who is who coz each dot have ID, but even GM's need 2 checlk logs, the cant trace ppl all time. it would make lags
1st its a lot of coding changing many files in client and on server,
2nd even if They would do it (but they wont I am sure) it would make huge lags on both size, only few ppl while using pills would make lags, and now think about 100, it would make server lag, if server lag then all ppl lag

Its less programing... but They could make pills that would show You at what map is NOW(while You use pill) person that killed You.. but its pointles coz You know at what map You were...

so once again BIG NO :) have a nice day