PDA

View Full Version : Spirit's Blessing - Vanity glow

Dizelshpith2
02-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Effective PVP comes from being able to identify you opponents buff's and judge the right moment to go for a charged deadly blow,
But....
What if you were unable to see an opponent's buff's because your opponent had been blessed by the god's.

The basics of the idea is a vanity glow that disables the visual effects of your buffs and replaces them with a faction specific effect:
Dragon's: White spiraling glow similar to the "level up" effect.
Snake's: Black Smoke, Shrouding them in shadow
Tiger's: Blue Flaming effect, "demonic flames"

The database edit's aren't terribly complicated and these item's would serve 2 purpose's,
Making PvP more interesting and Pure Vanity

"other" title's I have played who have vanity item's tend to have 30 day expiry period's of 30 day's, or as with current vanity item's could be slightly higher priced and permanent,

The mechanic's of operating such a "glow" could be similar to switching the mask's using the small button's at the top of the inventory pop-up.

Stackable with the Shroud of Mystery.
Button options:
Full on (both stacked)
Half A (shroud on/buffs on)
Half B (Shroud off/Spirit on)
Off (Game Defaults visible)

any further info required don't hesitate to ask,

-V-

pro9112
02-13-2009, 06:14 PM
i like it then ppl cant tell what i got buffed wooo ya

omnytrix2
02-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Good idea, especially just if its a vanity part, people like glowies. But... in PvP because there will be hundreds of players, you want to reduce graphical lag as much, so the extra graphic particle systems may not be so good for battle.

Dizelshpith2
02-13-2009, 08:30 PM
The Vanity glow's purposes is to replace that of the buffs, thus it would actually lower the "effects on screen",
The average PvP player sports 5 buffs, HS,HB,HR,Faction elemental buff & charge up skill,
these would be replaced by a single effect, similar to that of the "master smoke" in TS1,

and yes players do like glowies,

goldwyn20002
02-14-2009, 01:15 AM
The Vanity glow's purposes is to replace that of the buffs, thus it would actually lower the "effects on screen",
The average PvP player sports 5 buffs, HS,HB,HR,Faction elemental buff & charge up skill,
these would be replaced by a single effect, similar to that of the "master smoke" in TS1,

and yes players do like glowies,

hmm...very good suggestion TheVeratas, that would definitely help (at least a little, until most ppl will have one). Do you think this as a permanent add when you wear the item or as a separate buff? Maybe if you make into a permanent cape you can either choose a +1skill/chi/def or an obscure buff cape (latter being an elite item or so).

Can you explain a little more how this works. The idea of reduced lag and being "mysterious" (something that fits the idea of the time in which the game plays) sounds very appealing. *thumbs up*

Dizelshpith2
02-14-2009, 01:27 AM
not sure how familiar you are with the current vanity items in TS1,
You buy it from the IM, apply it and a button appears in the top of your inventory window to switch it on/off

If you had a "vanity glow" another button is added to the same location,
When on it "overwrites" your current displayed particles (buff effects) and you only show the spirits blessing effect,
This was not conceived as an item, merely a visual effect to switch on and off as required,
For example you wouldn't want to turn it on while grinding as most players watch the HS effect rather than the icon up top,

without knowing how the new non-combat content will change the drops I wouldn't suggest adding yet another item ingame, rather have it consumable purchasable via the item mall, and possible if popular, the gambler.

Could have level restrictions such as A1, similar to the current vanity items, allowing the 9-112 players a chance to gain some CP in the regular, Drop HS/1hit fashion, but after that .....
Well the more diverse the tactics the better.

goldwyn20002
02-14-2009, 01:41 AM
not sure how familiar you are with the current vanity items in TS1,
You buy it from the IM, apply it and a button appears in the top of your inventory window to switch it on/off

If you had a "vanity glow" another button is added to the same location,
When on it "overwrites" your current displayed particles (buff effects) and you only show the spirits blessing effect,
This was not conceived as an item, merely a visual effect to switch on and off as required,
For example you wouldn't want to turn it on while grinding as most players watch the HS effect rather than the icon up top,

without knowing how the new non-combat content will change the drops I wouldn't suggest adding yet another item ingame, rather have it consumable purchasable via the item mall, and possible if popular, the gambler.

Could have level restrictions such as A1, similar to the current vanity items, allowing the 9-112 players a chance to gain some CP in the regular, Drop HS/1hit fashion, but after that .....
Well the more diverse the tactics the better.

Sounds good, and not to hard to implement...will add definitely to tactics and will lower the server load since it will be one effect. You will still see the activated buffs in the top of the screen I imagine so you know when one of the obscured effects wears off...oh new suggestion ^^

BLooD2
02-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Good idea, especially just if its a vanity part, people like glowies. But... in PvP because there will be hundreds of players, you want to reduce graphical lag as much, so the extra graphic particle systems may not be so good for battle.

Aggreed with gulmeer, but an interesting idea. would see it creating alot of lag though but, as I said interesting idea

mataxxx2
02-17-2009, 06:00 PM
I love the idea, it would add a lot to PvP tactics, meaning that teamwork will be even more important ^^.

However I think it would be good to add a time restriction. Otherwise everyone would have it on while pvping.
It could become :
- annoying for those who can't buy it if it's an IM item
- too common if everyone can buy it via the gambler

My suggestion is to have a 5-10 minutes time limit from the moment you activate it(could be deactivated to save up time while not in the midst of battle).
And a 10 minute recharge time while you can't use it.

That way, people can't use the buff continually and it becomes a true strategical element.
While attacking enemy stone, during invation or while defending formation etc... choosing who (tanker, 1-hitter etc...) activates it or when to activate it could be a crucial part of a strategy.

In a PvP arena, I suggest shorter time limits -> 2-5 minutes activaction and 2-5 minutes recharge since fights are (from my TS1 experience) much shorter than stone or formation battles.

Alternative to the recharge function -> buy a new one when the time is consumed (IM or gambler)

DarkSlayer1
02-21-2009, 12:49 AM
Effective PVP comes from being able to identify you opponents buff's and judge the right moment to go for a charged deadly blow,
But....
What if you were unable to see an opponent's buff's because your opponent had been blessed by the god's.

The basics of the idea is a vanity glow that disables the visual effects of your buffs and replaces them with a faction specific effect:

The database edit's aren't terribly complicated and these item's would serve 2 purpose's,

"other" title's I have played who have vanity item's tend to have 30 day expiry period's of 30 day's, or as with current vanity item's could be slightly higher priced and permanent,

The mechanic's of operating such a "glow" could be similar to switching the mask's using the small button's at the top of the inventory pop-up.

Button options:
Full on (both stacked)

-V-
interresting we should test that option 8-)

BLooD2
02-21-2009, 12:20 PM
But....

Button options:
Full on (both stacked)

-V-

If I understand correctly, this is an individual consumable that makes you incognito to your enemys and not to your allies and yourself?
if im right then I do like this suggestions, but you must have disagreements with this.
Would create graphical lag for the enemies: you could make it where the enemy can put on default armor which wouldn't create as much lag

Etc. but I cannot disagree or agree to this suggestion, so ill call it Pending

Pending