PDA

View Full Version : [SGST] switching characters

goldwyn20002
02-02-2009, 05:06 AM
I found it rather annoying that when you wanted to jump to an alt you had to log in again. A lot of games have the option to stay logged in and just switch to the character screen to pick an alt on that same account without having to enter your user name and password...but maybe it is just me.

Mareak2
02-02-2009, 05:49 AM
I understand what u mean, it gets really annoying getting to log out then type down ur username and password again, so I would prefer like logging out and stay on ur account :D

omnytrix2
02-02-2009, 07:07 AM
Currently you can select world change. Though I do understand it is a little inconvenient to have to type your account information again. This feature is for your safety. For players connecting to the game from a PC Cafe, if they hit world select by accident instead of exit, then someone else could potentially jump on their account.

goldwyn20002
02-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Currently you can select world change. Though I do understand it is a little inconvenient to have to type your account information again. This feature is for your safety. For players connecting to the game from a PC Cafe, if they hit world select by accident instead of exit, then someone else could potentially jump on their account.

yeah, that makes sense...guess when we want to switch characters in the same world we will have to enter our details. It's only a minor inconvenience but now i know the reason behind it...i can live with that ;)

sfantul2
02-02-2009, 04:05 PM
I say it should still be implemented. If one isn't aware enough to protect their computer in various ways when using it in a public facility then sucks for them....I see the point of entering the information each time but not necessary, in my opinion. However, not like I'm going to freak out if I have to type in my account name and password each time either.

korean2002
02-03-2009, 01:56 AM
Its a bit annoying but more secure.
A bit off topic, I think we should have different ID for game and forums, cause if our user name is the same, they already have half the way to get another person account.

goldwyn20002
02-03-2009, 03:10 AM
well they already split of the account name from the forum name, which is I think pretty good. So you can still use your account name (as long as you didnt pick the same nick for the forum)

korean2002
02-03-2009, 05:55 AM
well they already split of the account name from the forum name, which is I think pretty good. So you can still use your account name (as long as you didnt pick the same nick for the forum)

Ha, i forgot that part when registered , ty for refreshing my memory :)

omnytrix2
02-03-2009, 08:16 AM
MAYN Interactive... Keeping our guests safe and happy! :D