PDA

View Full Version : make the day changing o.o

lupulica802
02-01-2009, 10:41 PM
erm well my suggestion thingy is dat u shuld make it wer the morning changes to night and like it be snowin,rainin natural stuff dat happens in rl =o

dofur2
02-01-2009, 10:57 PM
hmm. yes. they have this in other games as well. it adds a little bit of realism.
as long as it wouldn't increase lag i don't see why not.

02-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Rain definitely going to make lag, but why not turn it night to morning, etc. Sounds cool

Asasinul12
02-01-2009, 11:11 PM
hmm. yes. they have this in other games as well. it adds a little bit of realism.
as long as it wouldn't increase lag i don't see why not.

Just a little realism here...

If this existed in ANY way, shape or form, then it could be redone or better designed, but even then you would have an issue, BUT it does not exist in anyway, shape or form, at present, so it would be a problem.

Why?

Some questions to consider. Would these day night cycles be time dependent on the server, for real time? Darkness last 12hours, and light the same? Some people would never see light, some would never see dark. So, its not server dependent on time cycles, it's instead going to be individual playtime specific. In which case those changes are coded AT the client, which would take a LOT more coding on the client to make this happen, let alone any alpha testing of those clients to ensure it's working as you want it to, because you are talking about changing the background, and the sky and you are also taking about changing all the graphics around them, the backdrops, the monsters, the mountains, the water, anything at all. ALL of them have to be seen either in daytime or night time, so now you may need to completely redesign based on your new challenge of shading the screen to fit either darkness or light. And thats BEFORE YOU CONSIDER elements of snow, or rain, which are MORE sprites on screen, that you must now allow for...

Nope, I appreciate your thoughts but to change this at this late stage is a complete redesign of the entire GUI, (Graphical User Interface) which IF it was never allowed for in coding, will never be happening at all.

Sorry to burst the bubble.

You're now going to say.

Logic you suck. (Yes, heard it)
Logic you are a kill-joy (No, a realist - Which is bad for me, because it's expensive but there you go.)

dofur2
02-01-2009, 11:22 PM
each day cycle is around 2-3 hours in other games if i'm not mistaken.

but seeing as logic has already burst the bubble. i'll just pretend it's snowing every couple of hours when i'm playing *shreds some paper*

Asasinul12
02-01-2009, 11:41 PM
each day cycle is around 2-3 hours in other games if i'm not mistaken.

but seeing as logic has already burst the bubble. i'll just pretend it's snowing every couple of hours when i'm playing *shreds some paper*

Sorry, I could lie to you if you wanted me too?

dofur2
02-01-2009, 11:43 PM
buy me some ice cream and i'll forgive u. 8-)

or make it snow irl

MATAA2
02-01-2009, 11:52 PM
it would be nice but i dont see it happening -_-

Asasinul12
02-02-2009, 12:42 AM
buy me some ice cream and i'll forgive u. 8-)

or make it snow irl

I promise you this, at some point in time it will snow where you are. If your very unlucky the iceage will be in your lifetime.

Is that better for you? :shock:

Asasinul12
02-02-2009, 12:44 AM

"Oh, you've just reached another level of brilliance !"

:mrgreen:

Uhuh.

MATAA2
02-02-2009, 12:46 AM

Uhuh.
hey thats part of my sig lmao :lol:

tomas2312
02-02-2009, 12:52 AM
No I don't like the idea. I live in Canada (opposite the time of the server) and I don't like the idea of the server being in night mode forever for me.

Asasinul12
02-02-2009, 12:56 AM

Uhuh.
hey thats part of my sig lmao :lol:

Yes and most amusing too.

Asasinul12
02-02-2009, 12:57 AM
No I don't like the idea. I live in Canada (opposite the time of the server) and I don't like the idea of the server being in night mode forever for me.

Well sleep easy, its not happening.

MATAA2
02-02-2009, 01:02 AM
hey logic, you should put that quote in your sig
and i'll take the quote out of my sig

dofur2
02-02-2009, 01:14 PM
I promise you this, at some point in time it will snow where you are. If your very unlucky the iceage will be in your lifetime.

it snowed this morning ... :shock:

thanks? :shock:

Asasinul12
02-02-2009, 02:22 PM

it snowed this morning ... :shock:

thanks? :shock:

*Nods head* 'sho 'nuff.

Asasinul12
02-02-2009, 02:24 PM
hey logic, you should put that quote in your sig
and i'll take the quote out of my sig

LOL I would, I would but brilliant and me disagree on one fundamental issue. I'm not brilliant, but I am working on it ;)

boghi2
02-13-2009, 12:15 AM
this idea is pretty cool. there might be little lag depends on connection, but the night and day thing would be a great addition.

dart142
02-13-2009, 10:32 AM
this idea is pretty cool. there might be little lag depends on connection, but the night and day thing would be a great addition.

nope connection dont have anything to it, its like Logic wrote, it would be on client side, and like it was already posted depends from game but usualy its from 15min to 3h, i know few games of one company where that dont make any lags it depends from coding, when SpecN** was 1st released it was epic fail my pc was much above requirements and even when i set lowest graphic with lowest resolution it was still laggy and was worser then q3

sfantul2
02-13-2009, 02:45 PM
The night and day portion would be based off of in-game time so all players would still get a variety. Now, you might get majority one or the other but at some point one would see both. The cycle of day and night is easy enough to implement so could be added for some degree of realism. As for the weather, as always, Logic is correct in this regard as it would cause a serious amount of work for....nothing, really. Realism is great in a game but if not implemented from day one then it's just not worth putting into the client. Too much work for, basically, just a visual upgrade that won't add anything worthwhile to the game.

DarkSlayer1
02-21-2009, 02:37 PM
yeah don't add rain i've seen enough of rain in the netherlands just day and night. :mrgreen: