PDA

View Full Version : Shock Grenade - Gamebreaking change suggestion

Zhonya
12-31-2013, 05:43 PM
So, maybe the title is a bit too enthusiastic, but:

I just had a spontaneous idea for shock grenade.
Instead of theory crafting I just write the proposed changes down:

- Change Shock Grenade Uses to 2 from 1 (you can throw 2 shock grenades instead of 1)...
- Change shock duration to 0,4/0,6/0,8/1,0 seconds on rank 4.
- Slightly increase Area of Effect
- Increase Cooldown
- Make Shock grenade affected by Charge Compression (that ability already gives you +2 Corrosion, Frag and other stuff, but Shock grenade should also be effected by this).
This way you can have 4 (!) Shock grenades when charge compression is also equipped
Additional IMPACT on target hit:
- Shock grenade DEACTIVATES all active abilites (including Stealth, RAI, Rounds, etc. Not all kind of Devices) and also BLOCKS all abilities (active and passive) for 2 seconds (passive bonuses do not apply, all other abilities cannot be used for the duration).

AUG:
- Reduces Stun Duration by 50% (0.5 Seconds on Rank 4)
- Increases Ability Shutdown Time by 2-4 seconds depending on shock grenade rank (6 seconds on rank 4!)

Explanation:
Right now, Shock grenade does not fit into CC anymore. With the latest patch you showed your creativity to improve the skill system at least a bit, but you obviously lack some ideas for old abilities which still break the game (Liquid Armor, EDF, Shock Grenade). This is my idea of how you could reintegrate Shock Grenade into the game and give it its righteous place among all the other grenades and sticky stuff.
We would also have a field covered which is still not in the game.
- Corrosion Grenade: removes Resists/Stamina
- HE Grenade: Removes HP
- Flash Bang: Removes Vision/Radar
- Molotov Cocktail: removes HP/Blocks Path
- Shock Grenade (new): deactivates active abilities, blocks abilities. Stuns for a short period of time

Shock grenade would get a big benefit from this changes, but also would not be the AUTOKILL on hit thingy anymore which makes all people MAD or LEAVE the game (its the second or third annoying thing after Matchmaking and Epic Stuff). Especially MY friends from the beginning all left because of shock. Long before Epic stuff was even implemented.
Shock grenade would be a fair and just ability and could add to both tactical, random and fun games.
It would provide counter to:
- Liquid Armor
- RAI (and all other auto injectors)
- Other Shock/thrown stuff
- EDF Counter/Counter
- Desens (!)
- Enhanced Metabolism
- Second Chance
- DIS (!)
- Stealth breaking
- ... many more ...
yes, you see, it provides a counter to pretty much everything which has no counter yet. And shock grenade is not counter to that AT THE MOMENT because it just stuns and doesent do anything else.

Feel free to discuss this.
But for me, I would really like to see/test those changes. And I would gladly use shock grenade again.

AxionGlock
01-06-2014, 07:57 PM
I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic.

Then I thought, this was a lot of work to be for satire.

Then I realized you were serious, and I laughed so hard milk squirted out of my nose.

Then I realized, I hadn't drank any milk in like three days.

Where did that milk come from?

Then I re-read the first few lines on your post again, and realized you really did advocate for someone to be able to have 2 shock grenades as a standard and the ability to have FOUR with the Compression ability.

Are you an escaped mental patient?

And how did this end up in Spotlight instead of the Abyss?

FullMelthash
01-07-2014, 11:39 PM
I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic.

Then I thought, this was a lot of work to be for satire.

Then I realized you were serious, and I laughed so hard milk squirted out of my nose.

Then I realized, I hadn't drank any milk in like three days.

Where did that milk come from?

Then I re-read the first few lines on your post again, and realized you really did advocate for someone to be able to have 2 shock grenades as a standard and the ability to have FOUR with the Compression ability.

Are you an escaped mental patient?

And how did this end up in Spotlight instead of the Abyss?

best post this week so far :)
and btw axion, it was donkey-milk, drinking....pfff, you know where it came from!

Gladjoltx2
01-07-2014, 11:46 PM
I don't know which post is the most hilarious of zhonyas or axions xD

BlackupFtw
01-08-2014, 12:26 PM
First i was like... *headscratch* but then i lold

I also don't know which posting i find more hilarious xDDD

Cerice
02-22-2015, 01:49 AM
This is a joke, a bad, lame and very unfunny one.

As if Shock grenade was not overpowered enough?